UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Peter Lee: Carlson Gracie Team black belt.

6/6/12 11:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
trianglegrrl
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/07/12 5:18 PM

Tonight at Marcus Soares' seminar, our good friend and long-time training partner Peter Lee was promoted to black belt, unfortunately in Mark Stables' absence. Mark joined us by Skype for the promotion, though.

I'm sure everybody who has been around longer than me has Peter Lee stories. I know him as the guy who could crush me if he wanted... but he never did. (I hear most people weren't that lucky.) Peter has worked with me week after week to help me progress. He is a terror on the mat, a great guy, a wealth of brilliantly distilled knowledge, and everything a black belt should be.

So, Peter, let me be the first (but not the last) to say congratulations. It's been a long time coming, and it is very richly deserved.

Alaina Hardie
Mecha MMA
Carlson Gracie Team Canada
6/7/12 1:26 AM
bjjfighter19
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats!
6/7/12 1:49 AM
bergbull
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats!! Phone Post
6/7/12 1:50 AM
FirstStrikeBJJ
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congratulation from all of us!

Sean McHugh
First Strike BJJ
Carlson Gracie Team Kelowna and Penticton
6/7/12 11:19 AM
samzakula

Congrats to Pete!
6/7/12 11:40 AM
Kashk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice!!!
6/7/12 2:36 PM
Robin Black
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge congrats to Peter Lee.

A great martial artist and a great gentleman.
6/7/12 10:58 PM
KrazyRussian

I got Peter Lee stories lol

Congrats Pete!!! Well deserved. Phone Post
6/8/12 10:39 AM
lachlan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the best thing about Peter finally getting his black is that I no longer have to explain to drop ins why (first at purple, then at brown) he isn't a black. It also helps my ego a bit to know that now I am at least getting beat like a redheaded step child by a black belt.

Seriously happy for Peter and the whole team. It took a long time and was a path littered with other people's limbs and their tears but it was awesome to watch. Congratulations to the man who was so aptly described by Orbit as
"rolling with peter is like a pain train to fucktown"

6/8/12 1:42 PM
JeffJoslin
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats Peter!
6/11/12 4:54 AM
Sarah Kaufman
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats! Marcus Soares doesn't give that BB out easily

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.