UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> How Do You Feel About Your Team Right Now?

6/7/12 11:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We are well past free agency and the draft.
Teams are starting to gear up for the 2012 season.

How do you feel about your team as this point?
6/7/12 11:49 AM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 06/07/12 11:51 AM
Dallas Cowboys

Offense:
Dallas has made significant and needed upgrades on the OL and Back up QB.
Not sure that the OL upgrades will be enough though and there is still a need at WR3.
There is a new OL coach.
Everything else on the offense is okay.

Defense:
DL and LBs are pretty much the same for now.
One acquisition at ILB was made in the form of Dan Connor.
Bruce Carter was drafted last year in the 2nd round (as an injured player) to play that ILB position this year (after he healed).
The fact that the Cowboys felt the need to acquire another player to play that position is troubling but I am still hoping Carter can live up to previous billing.

The Secondary was the major focus of the team.
There is a new secondary coach.
Of the four positions, only Gerald Sensabaugh at FS will remain as starter.
The other three positions will each feature a new player as starter.
Each upgrade appears to be significant.

Special teams
Special teams is the same for the most part.
Hoping we can have some consistency and good play from PR and KR.

6/10/12 9:02 AM
Alco Hauler
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bengals.

I'm excited.  Schedule is a lot tougher than last season so who knows.

On offense, AJ Green and Dalton should keep right on clicking, plus Shipley is back.  I'm hoping BGE can take over where Ced left off @ RB.  He's probably the only "every down back" they have right now.  I also thing Sanu will make an early impact as a #2.

On D - They were solid last year and I think they'll be even better.  Kirkpatrick was a definite need, and they beefed up their D-Line with some studs in the draft.

Bengals were fun to watch last season, and as young as they are - I think it's only the beginning.  For the first time in a long time, I like where they are heading.
6/11/12 6:18 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eagles;

I feel good. I didn't buy into the dream team last season. I correctly identified the linebacker/safety group as being a major weak link on this forum before the last season. I think we have had a better off season this year.

The offense comes back unchanged, which is not a bad thing. They ranked 4th in yards/8th in points. They had a bad run of turnovers early on, but managed to erase that as the season progressed. They also had o-line problems early on, starting two rookies. But they settled in and formed a solid o-line by the end of the season. Losing LT Jason Peters is a massive blow, and a lot of the season will rest on free agent pickup Demetrius Bell.

The defense was abysmal early on. They set an NFL record for 5 blown 4th quarter leads. The linebacker and safeties were too inexperienced, and they struggled to get teams off the field. The addition of Demeco Ryans (FA) and Mychael Kendricks (Draft) will go a long way to shoring up their biggest weakness. If those two guys can have an impact it will be a much improved defense. They were one of the best pass rushing teams in the league last year, and if they can get some solid LB play behind them, I pity opposing quarterbacks.

Overall, I feel positive, but with two big question marks? Can they adjust to the loss of Jason Peter? And can Demeco Ryans return to pre injury form? Those two things will go a long way to determining their season.
6/12/12 11:47 AM
SiftMyMind

Great posts Alco Hauler and Waylay!

Where is:
303 - Broncos
Doomsday - Chiefs
Tommy - Jets
RealJoker - Texans

Anyone else??????????????
6/12/12 12:50 PM
Tommy Gunnz
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The New York Tebows:

I feel pretty good about this team, I think they have improved and with last years humbling experience it will only make them better/work harder.

Sanchez can't play worse than he did last year, I think he has his best year yet with Tebow breathing down his neck

RB - I am not sold on Shonn Green as a #1 rb, hopefully they can pick up another player to share duties with him.

I love having Tony Sparano as our OC and that we will go back to being a ground and pound run first team. Plus then Sanchez won't be able to make as many mistakes.

Santonio Holmes is a piece of shit and I wish they would have flat out released him he is a cancer, BUT the dude is a legit top WR in the nfl and this kid they drafted out of Georgia Tech Stephen Hill can possibly be a star

Dustin Keller is the most underrated TE in football and if he had a legit qb throwing him the ball he would be unbelievable, he can catch the ball as good as any TE in football but he still isn't a very good blocker

OLINE is great except for the big black hole Wayne Hunter at RT (the worst starting offensive lineman in football last year) He needs to be replaced ASAP

I am REALLY happy with the Jets drafting Quinton Couples on defense, this kid is going to win defensive rookie of the year mark my words. He has all the tools in the world and now he has a defensive mastermind Rex Ryan to bring it out of him. Also, I think it is HUGE that Rex is basically going to be running the defense again as he did in his 1st year when they were incredible. LaRon Landry will be a great addition if he's healthy. I do worry about his pass coverage though which was the Jets biggest need in fixing their safetys from last season to deal with guys like Gronk. As has been the case the last few years the Jets defense will be top 5 in the nfl and I think they could be even better this year with some new young blood infused into their lineup.
6/14/12 12:11 PM
peglegpeet13
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saints.

Lack of a head coach will be interesting.

Offense will still be very good. Brees will sign. Carmichael will be calling plays again. He did a great job in the last half of the season. The offense doesn't concern me too much.

The defense will be interesting. Adding Curtis Loftin and Broderick Bunkley are great moves. Spags as d-coordinator will be key. Getting pressure with our front four would be nice for a change.

If the defense can get some turnovers for the offense, that would be wonderful.

I also expect Jimmy Graham to be even better this year.

So tired of this bounty crap too. The season can't start soon enough.
6/14/12 5:02 PM
Waylay

The Saints will be definitely a team to watch, to see how they handle their situation.
6/19/12 4:49 PM
Tony Kush

other than matt forte not being signed i have no worries and believe we will go far into the post season
6/20/12 11:51 PM
C1010
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRAT warning

New York Giants:

Draft:

Jerry Reese once again hits the lottery, he addressed needs and built depth. Drafting David Wilson addressed a major need after losing Brandon Jacobs. I think a tandem with Wilson and Bradshaw will help balance out our offense a lot 2nd round pick Reuben Randle was rated as a 1st round pick but managed to fall to us. It also worked out well given Hakeem Nicks broke his foot. 3rd round pick Jayron Hosley adds CB depth and a very capable player at playing nickel. 4th round pick Adrien Robinson is described as a raw TE but has the tools to be great. 5th & 6th round picks were Tackles Matt McCants and Brandon Mosley (both developmental) while the 7th round pick was John Kuhn. It was a very satisfying draft overall.

Free Agency

The Giants aren't exactly known to make splashes in free agency. However I think signing TE Martellus Bennett was excellent. I think with the coaching of Mike Pope, he will be awesome in our scheme. He's a great blocker and has the tools to be a great offensive weapon. The giants also signed Kevin Locklear, Shaun Rodgers, Antwuan Molden, and Chris Horton to build up depth.

Undrafted Free Agents

A few names who are honestly intriguing to me is S Janzen Jackson, FB Joe Martinek, and LB Jake Muasau. I think of the group, Janzen Jackson may have a serious shot. It would be cool to see Joe Martinek as a power back.

Offensive Line

This has been a major concern for me. This past year the O line was revamped with the introduction of C David Baas (who I felt underperformed given his contract). Will Beatty started at left tackle, David Diehl at Left guard, Chris Snee at right guard, and Kareem McKenzie at right tackle. Through the season Baas and Beatty missed portions of the season. At this point Kevin Boothe and Mitch Petrus would take over at certain points and even Diehl would change positions due to injuries. I thought the O line did an average job. However the running game lacked quite a bit. Kareem McKenzie has not been signed back due to age so there is a looming question once again with the O line. I just hope they can run block much better. I would like to see a lineup of LT- Beatty, LG-Petrus, C-Boothe, RG-Snee, and RT-Diehl.

D-Line

I feel great about the D line. Osi renegociated his contract. Tuck will bounce back from injury and has a new badass facemask, and JPP will have another year under his belt. Chris Canty, and Linval Joseph are pretty good in the middle. Shaun Rodgers as previously stated has been signed and honestly will be an awesome fit. Kiwanuka will continue to play the hybrid DE/LB role. My only concern here is that we lost Dave Tollefson who is a solid 4th DE. Hopefully we can find a suitable replacement. One person who I hope to see more of is Marvin Austin who was our 2nd round pick last year. He was rated a 1st round pick but dropped to us. He unfortunately got hurt in preseason and hasn't played in 2 years. He has been compared to Warren Sapp. I really hope they run wild this season and run wild with sacks. I think Tuck, Osi, and JPP will get double digit sacks. I will say its going to be tough for the Giants to eventually pay Tuck, JPP, and Osi.

Linebacker

This unit is going to have a quite a bit of competition all around. I would like to see Kiwi back at DE but I doubt that will happen. I hope to see more of Herzlich, Williams, and I am looking forward to seeing Keith Rivers.

Finally the Secondary

We lost Aaron Ross to Free agency (I'm not exactly concerned with that). Im hoping Prince Amukamara takes the extra leap. He lost out quite a bit in his rookie season. Terrell Thomas is coming back from his ACL tear so fingers crossed there. Corey Webster is extremely under rated, Jayron Hosley provides great depth. Im hoping injuries stay at a minimum so Antrel Rolle can get back to play his natural position at safety. I expect Kenny Phillips to make even bigger strides as well (very under rated rated).

All in all, I believe the Giants are a playoff team. They will have a very tough road especially in the NFC East to defend the crown but it can be done. I just the injury bug doesn't hit as bad as last year.
6/28/12 2:01 AM
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We all know who my team is:

Offense: I am extremely excited to see what they are going to be able to do. Last year we had the best rushing attack in the game even when teams knew we were going to run 80% of the time. This year defenses will not be able to play that way. Our WRs are big, fast, and can catch. I am looking for DT and Eric Decker to have great years this season. We have the best young Oline in football, Clady is guarding Mannings back.We added TE's Tamme and Dressen who are both great receivers. Add that in with McGahee, and Ronnie Hillman (who could to prove to be the steal of the draft as they ar already talking about making him the full time starter) and you are two deep at RB. I want Knowshon gone, but I know he will be on the team as well.

Defense:

I am very excited our defense this year. You have Champ, and Tracy Porter at corners with Drayton Florence and Chris Harris backing them up, At safety we picked up Mike Adams from the Browns, and then either Raheem Moore or Quinton Carter will start.

Our LBs are also very solid, though not having DJ Williams for the first 6 games is going to be rough. Luckily we have Wesley Woodyard who is one of the most underrated players in the league to step in for him. Joe Mays is a average/below average MLB, and Von Miller is on his way to being one of, if not the best OLB in the NFL.

Are defensive line was/is the biggest area of concern. We are great at DE with Doom and Ayers, but our interior needed/needs some help. However Ty Warren is back, we resigned Justin Bannan, and drafted Derek Wolffe. Add them in into what we had and we should be better (though it may not be too noticeable). The biggest difference will be Jack Del Rio running our defense. We're being told our DTs are bulking up to really help stuff the run. So basically we have a great secondary, and that should give Doom and Miller even more time to get to the QB. I wouldn't want to be the opposing QB in obvious passing situations. Last year our defense kept us in games, this year with Manning they will learn to close out a victory.
6/30/12 4:45 AM
SiftMyMind

Von Miller is a beast, no doubt.

DeMarcus Ware is a bit more of a beast though, bro.
7/7/12 12:01 AM
TheRealJoker
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Houston Texans

I'm feeling great about the Texans. We are entering the season with probably the most well rounded team in the NFL:

Schaub comes back healthy, AJ gets an offseason to recover from nagging hamstring issues that plagued him all year, and Foster/Tate are the best 1-2 combo in the league. Throw in the white skill players like OD, James Casey, and KW you have a potent skill position crew. Which added some youth at WR this year in Devier Posey and Keshawn Martin. The biggest question mark on offense is the O-line which let starting RG Mike Brisiel walk and cut RT Erik Winston to get under the salary cap. Rashad Butler should be able to step right in for Winston, there will be a dropoff in run blocking but he is a better pass protector than Winston which is more important given the fragile state of Schaub's foot. Brisiel loss will sting more. We drafted Brandon Brooks, an athletic freak, to compete with last year's backup Antoine Caldwell for the job. Caldwell did not look as good as Butler did when they have had their respective opportunities as Texans. Hopefully he will suffice though until Brooks is up to speed.

On defense the Bulls on Parade got a whole lot more nasty. Wade's kids lost Mario but then again, he never really had him. Losing him early in game 5 last year. Losing DeMeco is tough from a leadership standpoint, but he was a 2 down LBer in this system and his on-field production in this defense is replaceable. Brian Cushing will step up his game yet another notch and become the leader of the defense. Brooks Reed, Connor Barwin, and new kid on the block Whitney Mercilus are some quality pass rushers for Wade to play with. On the DL ends JJ Watt and Antonio Smith will bring the heat as well. If Watt picks up where he left off last year he will be recognized as one of, if not the best 3-4 DEs in the league. Johnathan Joseph was a top 3 CB last year, if he continues to lockdown his side of the field and Wade's kids bring the heat, the rest of the secondary should be just fine.

This is Houston's year bitches, embrace it!!!
8/13/12 9:35 PM
supersaiyan

as a STeelers fan ..i feel great...okay enough bragging.
8/13/12 9:41 PM
supersaiyan

i am actually interested in Denver and Jets tho..gonna be fun in DEnver with my main man Manning and in NY with Tebow
8/14/12 6:42 PM
Waylay

supersaiyan - as a STeelers fan ..i feel great...okay enough bragging.

I know it's only preseason, but that o-line looks as bad as ever. Big Ben was already running for his life against the Eagles second string pass rush.
8/14/12 7:22 PM
supersaiyan

yeah will wait till season starts ...suprised he was running considering they drafted the LT that protected Anderew Luck in Standford..

time will see how they gel
8/14/12 8:24 PM
Waylay

Decastro played mostly guard at Stanford, and that was where he played the other night. Mike Adams, the 2nd round tackle, was a turnstile.
8/22/12 2:33 PM
Tommy Gunnz
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can I change my mind :(
8/22/12 5:10 PM
Waylay

Tommy Gunnz - can I change my mind :(

Just remember Tommy, the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason and then went 0-16. Don't get too hung up on the preseason. Save your energy for when the Jets start sucking in September.
8/23/12 1:41 PM
PrayTheGayAway
2051 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For a 10 man league, i think i did fucking amazing. I only drafted one defense for a reason (the jets, and bengals went undrafted.. so yeah)

here we go

QB - Rivers, Ryan, Dalton

RB - Rice, Richardson, Blount, DARREN SPROLES A STEAL

WR - Brandon Lloyd, AJ Green, Colston, Blackmon, D. Moore

TE - Finley, olson

Flex - denarious moore

Defense - Texans

K - Prater

how about that ;) .. what i don't understand is why ESPN had projected numbers for jericho cotchery higher than blackmon??.. he was hidden way down the list on mine. Same with jermichael..
8/25/12 10:56 AM
Tommy Gunnz

PrayTheGayAway - For a 10 man league, i think i did fucking amazing. I only drafted one defense for a reason (the jets, and bengals went undrafted.. so yeah)

here we go

QB - Rivers, Ryan, Dalton

RB - Rice, Richardson, Blount, DARREN SPROLES A STEAL

WR - Brandon Lloyd, AJ Green, Colston, Blackmon, D. Moore

TE - Finley, olson

Flex - denarious moore

Defense - Texans

K - Prater

how about that ;) .. what i don't understand is why ESPN had projected numbers for jericho cotchery higher than blackmon??.. he was hidden way down the list on mine. Same with jermichael..
10 man leagues are a joke. Everyone gets an allstar team in 10 man leagues Phone Post
9/7/12 6:20 AM
TenOfSwords
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing will ever change for the Eagles so long as Andy Reid is their head coach.  They will always be too small, too weak, and too soft.

Hopefully they will go something like 7-9 this year, and that will be it for Fat Boy; then Bill Cowher can take over and bring this team down from Brokeback Mountain.
11/11/12 7:59 PM
supersaiyan

well my STEELERS seem to be doing pretty good :)
11/12/12 10:38 AM
TheRealJoker
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRealJoker - Houston Texans

I'm feeling great about the Texans. We are entering the season with probably the most well rounded team in the NFL:

Schaub comes back healthy, AJ gets an offseason to recover from nagging hamstring issues that plagued him all year, and Foster/Tate are the best 1-2 combo in the league. Throw in the white skill players like OD, James Casey, and KW you have a potent skill position crew. Which added some youth at WR this year in Devier Posey and Keshawn Martin. The biggest question mark on offense is the O-line which let starting RG Mike Brisiel walk and cut RT Erik Winston to get under the salary cap. Rashad Butler should be able to step right in for Winston, there will be a dropoff in run blocking but he is a better pass protector than Winston which is more important given the fragile state of Schaub's foot. Brisiel loss will sting more. We drafted Brandon Brooks, an athletic freak, to compete with last year's backup Antoine Caldwell for the job. Caldwell did not look as good as Butler did when they have had their respective opportunities as Texans. Hopefully he will suffice though until Brooks is up to speed.

On defense the Bulls on Parade got a whole lot more nasty. Wade's kids lost Mario but then again, he never really had him. Losing him early in game 5 last year. Losing DeMeco is tough from a leadership standpoint, but he was a 2 down LBer in this system and his on-field production in this defense is replaceable. Brian Cushing will step up his game yet another notch and become the leader of the defense. Brooks Reed, Connor Barwin, and new kid on the block Whitney Mercilus are some quality pass rushers for Wade to play with. On the DL ends JJ Watt and Antonio Smith will bring the heat as well. If Watt picks up where he left off last year he will be recognized as one of, if not the best 3-4 DEs in the league. Johnathan Joseph was a top 3 CB last year, if he continues to lockdown his side of the field and Wade's kids bring the heat, the rest of the secondary should be just fine.

This is Houston's year bitches, embrace it!!!

Nostradamus is that you?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.