UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Fake Pride 4 poster

6/11/12 4:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the_homeboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys just wanted to let you know, I bought a Pride 4 poster a couple of mos ago from what was before this a very respected member on here. Here's the story: I drove to meet the collector a few mos ago. He gave me the poster, I looked it over and saw the poster had a white line on the bottom right hand corner. I asked "What's with the white line in the corner" he changed the subject and started to tell me how great the colors looked on the poster, "The purple looks great doesn't it" We hung out and talked MMA for a few hours. I never second guessed him because of his many years of experience and knowledge. I truly thought he was helping me fill that hole in my collection when all along he was lying through his teeth.

Here's the lie. This past sat June 9th 2012 he text'd me saying he NEVER took the poster out of the tube till the day he gave it to me. I have an email he sent on Nov 2011 to 3 collectors on here telling them he had bought a Pride 4 and he thought it might be fake, saying the poster is on different paper than his Pride 4 and it wasn't glossy like his poster, this poster is on dull paper. Pics coming... What is reasonable? I feel giving the $ back is not enough. He has a real Pride 4 and an extra Pride 1. I feel he needs to replace it with one of those if he wants to make things right.
What do you guys think?
the_homeboy
6/11/12 4:05 PM
the chip guy

Pic's posted for the homboy

6/11/12 4:33 PM
the_homeboy

The real Pride 4 poster is property of another collector on here. As you can see it's a copy of this exact poster. I went to his house, I show him my Pride 4, he says "I have that poster", brings it out and we see the difference instantly, paper and color, then the fold on the corner.... I don't know if you can imagine what was going through my mind. Honestly, the deceit was the worst of it, after the anger....
6/11/12 4:34 PM
the chip guy

If it where me who passed along the fake Ruben, i'd try to work with you and make the situation right as long as you weren't being unreasonable (like asking for my bomb poster to replace a crap SEG or something like that) Legally I think he only has to repay you $400 + damages (time, gas, ect...) and I would hope an apology for letting a bad deal happen.
6/11/12 4:49 PM
ricksongjj

I dont see why he would owe you anymore than the money back and an explanation would be nice too.Why would he give you a Pride 1?I would love to see him post his response here.Everyone expected and wanted Cam to come and say something lets hear what he has to say.Makes me wonder though if he has done this before or if he has anymore fakes he claims as real.

And I thought you were the only one who got posters and waited a year to look at it :)
6/11/12 5:04 PM
the_homeboy

the chip guy - If it where me who passed along the fake Ruben, i'd try to work with you and make the situation right as long as you weren't being unreasonable (like asking for my bomb poster to replace a crap <span class="squiggly" title="To see spelling suggestions, click this word" word="SEG" state="new" splc="splc">SEG</span> or something like that) Legally I think he only has to repay you $400 + damages (time, gas, ect...) and I would hope an apology for letting a bad deal happen.

It's one thing to pass along a fake unknowingly but to pass a fake knowing it was fake, that's a whole other deal. He knew in Nov it was a fake then sold it to me after the fact. As a fellow collector and mod on here, he should've posted pics on here letting the rest of us know to look out. I feel I've been reasonable, I've been going back and forth for a couple of weeks giving him the chance to redeem himself. He has whined about "I got burned" by that collector who sold it to me. I told him his deal with whoever sold it to him has nothing to do with me.
6/11/12 5:13 PM
the_homeboy

ricksongjj - I dont see why he would owe you anymore than the money back and an explanation would be nice too.Why would he give you a Pride 1?I would love to see him post his response here.Everyone expected and wanted Cam to come and say something lets hear what he has to say.Makes me wonder though if he has done this before or if he has anymore fakes he claims as real. And I thought you were the only one who got posters and waited a year to look at it :)

If it were you or anyone on here that rec'd the fake one, you wouldn't be happy with just the refund, especially after being lied to like that. I think anyone would want the poster replaced with a real one if the collector has a real one in his posession, which he does. He doesn't want to have a hole in his collection, so I gave him the option, since he has an extra Pride 1, he wouldn't be leaving a hole in his collection giving that one up. And yes not opening a tube is the problem with trusting collectors. I gotta start doubting everybody, even you ricksongjj lol!
6/11/12 5:13 PM
ricksongjj

This reminds me of my thread about the homeboy but have to admit this is worse.

Hmm it was a mod here?Who was it?
6/11/12 5:14 PM
nothing_records

Why dont you tell us who the member is?
6/11/12 5:41 PM
Dawggy
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would expect a refund and the price of gas to and from. Nothing more. At least you know not to deal with that person again. Phone Post
6/11/12 5:49 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
That person needs to be outed but that's Ruben's call to make. I can't believe someone on this forum, a mod at that, would purposely dupe another member by selling them a known fake and saying its real.
6/11/12 5:58 PM
the_homeboy

ricksongjj - This reminds me of my thread about the homeboy but have to admit this is worse.

This has nothing to do with your thread, unless the Fedor/ werdum poster you sent me was a fake. You selling fakes too? Stay on topic Mike!
6/11/12 5:59 PM
the chip guy

was not me who sold Ruben the 4 btw.....
6/11/12 6:12 PM
the_homeboy

the chip guy -  was not me who sold Ruben the 4 btw.....

Lol @ chip! You'd be shocked to know, that person is, I'd say one of the top 3-5 collectors in the world (as far as I know) That's all I gotta say for now on who it is.
6/11/12 6:35 PM
Big Shot

Pimp is not shady like that! I know this first hand, having spent thousands with him! Also I don't believe he's a mod. I don't know Yuma that well, I know he is a mod. I have spoken to him only, and he does not seem shady like that either.
6/11/12 7:00 PM
the_homeboy

"whoever it is should lose mod privileges"
I agree. I was gonna mention it on my last post but was letting him say so himself. It's not fightpimp. Fightpimp would've taken the hit and or fixed the problem, guaranteed! We had a deal that didn't go well once and it took a lil while for us to work it out but we worked it out and maintained the friendship.
6/11/12 7:42 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a full refund and compensation should be the norm..

however, since you said its a big time collector and he/she knowingly sold you a fake.. I seriously doubt he/she will reimburse you..

If everything you said above is true, and he/she doesnt resolve the situation.. the least you could do is out the person here so the rest of us collectors know what type of person he/she is..

granted you would take the loss, but he/she would probably be blackballed by other collectors here.

I know I wouldn't want to deal with this person even if they had (real) stuff if situation isn't resolved.. moral dilemma Phone Post
6/11/12 7:45 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

followup: Now if said person told you before you purchased poster that it was a Fake/copy, then I don't see a problem here..

But you wouldn't pay anywhere near the $400 that you say you paid in this scenario.. Phone Post
6/11/12 8:14 PM
blushgirl412
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is far too much lying, shit talking, shady deals, side deals, overinflation or devaluation, pulled auctions, trickery, fakes, and backstabbing on this forum with certain members only looking out for themselves which isn't what collecting should be about. I recently tried to address some of these issues with a respected mod from MMA.tv but was blatantly ignored when I started questioning "touchy subjects." Good to see that this stuff is being addressed publically instead of being ignored or swept under the rug due to "moderator politics." Great thread
6/11/12 8:28 PM
the chip guy

Blush don't forget you ignored my pm's and attempts to resolve our issues. Phone Post
6/11/12 8:34 PM
blushgirl412
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually Chip, I'm not referring to or complaining about you at all.
6/11/12 10:03 PM
the chip guy

If it can't be handled by pm then start a thread on the topic Blush!! You might be surprised as to what my opinion is on a auction being outed.... Phone Post
6/11/12 10:04 PM
the_homeboy

Zombie Flanders - Thread is a troll until names are named.

That persons name will eventually be revealed.
6/11/12 10:26 PM
hunto21

Edited: 06/11/12 10:36 PM
He basically already stated it was yuma by not acquitting him when his name was brought up.

PS: Nothing against Yuma on my end if it is him. Nothing but great deals done with him.
6/12/12 2:33 AM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For whatever its worth i think a real pride 4 should be the result. i mean that is what the trade was actually for, so make the deal right and add i heartfelt apology for the time and effort that was added to homeboy for no reason at all. i don't know everyone on this forum but I have taked and delt with chip and fightpimp for a while and knew neither of them would do such a thing.

When these kind of things come up it really is sad because when it comes down to it a person really only has their word and once you can't trust that they would take care of anything that goes bad in a trade, knowingly or not, well they just don't have anything now do they?

i hope everything works out for you homeboy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.