UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Fake Pride 4 poster

6/15/12 1:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the_homeboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D1N0 - 
grkblood -  D1N0 obviously has never done business with someone he trusts and calls a friend.

Haha, It's so clear!

If I'm gonna spend that type of money on a poster. I'm gonna know what the poster looks like and I'd be familiar with it. Like I said before, it doesn't matter who it came from, a fake is a fake. If there was no creased line than that'd be a different story. Obviously because then, it'd be way harder to tell.

But that's a clear fake if there's no actual crease, but a crease mark on the poster. C'mon now.

1. I had never seen a Pride 4 so I didn't have anything to compare it to. The paper is similar to the Pride 2, 8, 14 and the gp2004's so I thought it was real. From what he says of how many he has and had, he had already seen 4(apparently 1 fake and 3 real ones I presume) plus the fake one he sold me. He knew exactly what he was selling me and didn't say a word.

2. It's called trust. When you've known someone for such a long time that trust comes with the friendship. He threw all that and his reputation down the drain for a measly $400.

Do you have any friends on her D1no? Friends you've gone to events to, to their house etc. If one of them would sell you a fake deliberately you'd know what i'm talking about.
6/15/12 1:29 PM
the_homeboy

Zombie Flanders - So if Yuma got it from "Murphy" then why not ask him. Whats his screen name on here?

Shit like this keeps me from spending big money on posters.

I pm'd Murph but he hasn't responded. The owner of the real poster emailed him hopefully he get's a response. As far as we know Jeremy says Murph got it from Japan. IF the real one came from Japan also, then whoever made the copy is in Japan.
6/15/12 3:24 PM
D1N0

the_homeboy - 
D1N0 - 
grkblood -  D1N0 obviously has never done business with someone he trusts and calls a friend.

Haha, It's so clear!

If I'm gonna spend that type of money on a poster. I'm gonna know what the poster looks like and I'd be familiar with it. Like I said before, it doesn't matter who it came from, a fake is a fake. If there was no creased line than that'd be a different story. Obviously because then, it'd be way harder to tell.

But that's a clear fake if there's no actual crease, but a crease mark on the poster. C'mon now.

1. I had never seen a Pride 4 so I didn't have anything to compare it to. The paper is similar to the Pride 2, 8, 14 and the gp2004's so I thought it was real. From what he says of how many he has and had, he had already seen 4(apparently 1 fake and 3 real ones I presume) plus the fake one he sold me. He knew exactly what he was selling me and didn't say a word.

2. It's called trust. When you've known someone for such a long time that trust comes with the friendship. He threw all that and his reputation down the drain for a measly $400.

Do you have any friends on her D1no? Friends you've gone to events to, to their house etc. If one of them would sell you a fake deliberately you'd know what i'm talking about.

I understand man, Yuma was more than wrong for doing that to you. I hope it was worth it to him.

I have a few friends I've dealed with on here but I'm originally from Sherdog and I do have friends there that I know personally like that. So yea I'd be pissed if they did that to me too. I just can't get over the fact that you held it & saw it In person and still purchased it. The line didn't worry you at all?? I know you asked about it, but the fact that he kinda changed the subject is another red flag to me.

I collect firearms but I'd Never buy a gun without ever seeing what it looks like. Especially a higher priced gun like your poster. Doesn't make sense.

It's 2012 and most of us have smart phones. Right when you saw that line and asked about it you should've pulled a P4 poster up on your phone or asked to see one of his other posters.

The whole deal was on trust, obviously, because you didn't catch that obvious flaw. This thread is more about Yuma being a bitch and ruining his rep forever than you getting ripped off. I guess what Im saying is the thread should be about Yuma and not how you can fix the deal. There is no fixing, you bought a fake, and Yuma can't ever be trusted again.
6/16/12 2:31 AM
yumaslim
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Pride 4 came from Roland originally in Japan. The real(folded one)also had to have come from Roland. He also made fake pride 13s.
In looking into this, the Pride 1 bubble(press conference)poster, and Pride 2(kerr/Royce) posters MAY be reproductions. I was told "poster is that of shine finish" for both of those.
6/16/12 11:20 AM
the_homeboy

yumaslim - The Pride 4 came from Roland originally in Japan. The real(folded one)also had to have come from Roland. He also made fake pride 13s.
In looking into this, the Pride 1 bubble(press conference)poster, and Pride 2(kerr/Royce) posters MAY be reproductions. I was told "poster is that of shine finish" for both of those.

I thought the 2 might be a fake after seeing this 4. The 2 I have is also on dull stock.
Does anybody else have a Pride 2 with Kerr and Royce? If so what paper is it on?
6/16/12 11:48 AM
ricksongjj

yumaslim - The Pride 4 came from Roland originally in Japan. The real(folded one)also had to have come from Roland. He also made fake pride 13s.

This is great,I bought my Pride 4,Pride 1 "bubble" and Pride 2(Royce/Kerr) from Roland.
6/16/12 11:50 AM
ricksongjj

My Pride 2 is on a thicker paper stock.That would suck if that one is fake.Thats one of my favorite posters and I got signed by both of them.
6/16/12 1:00 PM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel bad for each and every person that have posters that turn out to be fakes. I have been trying at a fast pace to finish my glove collection so i could start on the pride posters, but now I am having second thoughts. getting stuck with a fake is the lowest of the low. good luck guys, i hope your stuff is real.
6/16/12 1:04 PM
jeepdog
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zombie Flanders - Looks like this roland guy made a killing off u guys lol

You are a fucking bitch. There is nothing funny about getting sold a fake poster.
6/16/12 1:12 PM
the_homeboy

jeepdog - 

There is nothing funny about getting sold a fake poster.

Well said, it's not funny at all especially when you're the one holding the fake.
Worst off and is what this thread is all about. Deliberately being sold a fake by someone who's a collector and had knowledge that the poster was a fake. Roland was just selling, he's not a collector as far as I know.
6/16/12 1:54 PM
jeepdog

Zombie Flanders - 
jeepdog - 

You are a fucking bitch. There is nothing funny about getting sold a fake poster.

Please keep the personal insults to a minimum sir. This is your warning.

Please keep your ignorant posts off this board.. laughing about folks getting ripped off with fake stuff isn't wanted or needed here.
6/16/12 2:06 PM
jeepdog

400 posts in one month. Your awesome but your still a bitch for that post buddy.
6/16/12 2:19 PM
yumaslim

I offered a FULL refund after i saw the proof pictures he sent me. He was firm on his stand that he didnt want money. At this point im done trying with him!

I am now trying to get my money back because i too bought fake posters.
6/16/12 2:42 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 @Yuma, you seem to be trying to divert this thread away from you. Why did you disappear for 3 days? Why haven't you acknowledged any of the suggested methods to prove your innonence?
6/16/12 3:11 PM
yumaslim

Joe, I tried to refund him from day 1. I am now trying to get my money back from the original purchase I made. I am not on here everyday. This thread was about a fake Pride 4 that i bought and sold. Prove my innocence? Really Ive been done with this for a few days now.

I see Ruben everywhere i go for events and signnings. I didnt try to get over on him for 400 dollars. I have pics of me, Ruben, Matt, and Andy hangin out(post them later). If he thinks that? Then giving him a pride 1 isnt going to change that. Im just done.

Did you ever get that UFC 112 poster(Arabic version)?
6/16/12 3:28 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 Yes, I got it and it's a fake. The guy refunded my money.
6/16/12 3:58 PM
armbarheelhook
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfortunately if people see what some items are bringing and they feel they can make money off it, they will make reproductions..

the majority of reproductions in ALL of memorabilia seem to tend to originate from overseas.. maybe these countries' copyright laws are non existent.. idk..

Since MMA has been blowing up recently these shady practices have trickled in and we will continue to see more of it unfortunately..

It is almost getting to the point where you must buy items in person and always question item even if it might come from a legitimate person... or be a gambler and take the chance without having item in your hand..

buy at your own risk, do some research, and ask all the questions before buying the item to make yourself feel at ease.. Phone Post
6/16/12 4:11 PM
armbarheelhook
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I might suggest we have different threads with say all ufc seg posters deemed to be legit by the consensus... with pics of these posters and a small description of size, paper stock, color (shiny, dull)..

Then do another thread for Pride Fc posters... and possibly make them stickies..

chip guy thread on how to pkg, frame, and preserve posters gave a wealth of knowledge and savdd probably alot of ppl money down the road..

big ups to you chip kind sir!! Phone Post
6/16/12 4:37 PM
armbarheelhook

Zombie Flanders - So who has sold fakes??

I need to know who to avoid now.
the thing is that quite possibly everyone of us could have sold a fake/copy/repro at one time or another without even knowing it..

yuma obviously sold a fake pride 4 and the guy who sold it to yuma did aswell..

kult klomel ebay handle has sold some aswell.
the list could go on and on..

are you never going to buy from anyone again? no.. that is why its so imortant to question everything and then finally make a decision you're comfortable with..

I would assume everyone will be looking through their poster collections now with a fine tooth comb on ALL posters from ufc seg to pride fc.. Phone Post
6/16/12 4:46 PM
ricksongjj

Just because we bought posters from Roland doesnt make them fake.I just said I bought mine from him.
6/16/12 5:18 PM
ricksongjj

Im not worried at all mine are alright.
6/16/12 8:58 PM
hunto21

Mine are legit. It's the rest of you that have fakes! Haha
6/16/12 10:59 PM
aces_taylor
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes always been cool with me..
6/16/12 11:43 PM
Dawggy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aces_taylor -

Same here. Phone Post
6/17/12 9:39 AM
the chip guy

Dawggy - 
aces_taylor -

Same here. Phone Post
Same here too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.