UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Fake Pride 4 poster

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/20/12 5:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the_homeboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTSandman - Greedy fucks all around and not just these 2.

That is why I'm "out" of the collecting scene.

Be grateful you got a refund, and consider that a victory. Wanting a Pride 1 as "restitution" is fucking absurd.

Everyone on here keeps laying with dogs, and then wonders why they wake up with fleas..... 

He hasn't refunded me any $ and I highly doubt he will. Here's the thing, UFC 70 was April 21, 2007, Before UFC 70 I gave him $400 to buy some posters and programs for me he said he had someone who was going and would get some extras for me but I had to pay up front. He didn't come through so I obviously asked for my $ back. It took him a while but he only paid me $185 of the $400 back. About 1 1/2 - 2 years ago he stopped answering emails and texts cause I'd ask him for my $ every time. That event was 5 years ago! Until a few months ago when I text him saying I was still looking for a Pride and 1,4,8 and 14 he replied saying he had a 4. He said $400, so I told him to deduct what he owed me ($215) so I paid him the difference $185. I got the Pride 4 and he cleared his debt(apparently) So for him to refund me $400, I doubt it. It's easier for him to just give me a real poster which he has extras of. If it was his extra Pride 1, I offered to pay the difference in price. Not trying to get over on him, def trying to be reasonable.
6/20/12 6:08 PM
fightpimp

***throws gas on fire***

$215 adjusted with 7% interest for 5 years = $301.55...
6/20/12 6:19 PM
armbarheelhook
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightpimp - ***throws gas on fire***

$215 adjusted with 7% interest for 5 years = $301.55...
haha... you're bad...!! ;) Phone Post
6/21/12 1:38 PM
the_homeboy

Zombie Flanders - 
fightpimp - I just talked to Murpy. He is NOT happy that his name was mentioned in regards to this "deal" that he was NOT a part of.

I asked him straight-out if he sold anybody a Pride 4... and he said "yes, when I sold my Pride 1 - 13 it went with it." the collector that purchased his Pride 1 - 13 posters is somebody that we all know. That person has since parted-out most of his collection as well. So to make a long story short, Murphy DID NOT SELL the Pride 4 "with the folded corner" printed on it.

I have known Murphy for over 5 years and we have done over 15K in business back and forth just in high-end items. As long as I have known that dude he has always been a straight-shooter. i wouldn't question his answer. That is why I just called him and asked him first-hand.

You are welcome.

So where did the Pride 4 come from?????????????????????//

So looks like yuma and bjjdna have some explaining to do.

so ttt for them

Nobody said Murphy sold the fake or real Pride 4 to bjjdna. Yuma/ Jeremy said murphy sold him the fake Pride 4. Murphy said he didn't sell or trade it to Jeremy. Murphy said "Lol he didn't get it from me" Bjjdna was tracing back all his deals, he will be posting his findings on where he purchased the real Pride 4 shortly.
6/21/12 11:45 PM
ChicagoTom
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know shits popping off over here when it spills over to the UG!!! Phone Post
6/22/12 4:09 AM
bjjdna
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I owned three Real Pride 4s: two white/red Pride4s and the gold flame pride4

The gold flame poster is the poster at issue with the fold from which the fake was made

Here are the pics of the two versions...many thanks to Rickson for the autographs...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/bjjdna/p4003.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/bjjdna/p4005.jpg

One of my white/red Pride 4s came from a trade with Murphy.

I've bought a shitload of Pride posters from both Roland and Cam over the years, so I had to search my emails to find out for sure where I bought my other two Pride 4s.

The poster from which the fake was made was bought from Cam. The evidence suggests that Cam likely purchased that poster from Japan shortly before I bought it.

Here are the relevant portions of the transaction involving my purchase of the Real Pride 4 with the fold from which the fake was made...personal info was removed

Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:53:36 -0800

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I updated the site this morning with a whole whack of posters from Japan:
http://mmaposters.homestead.com/mmaposters.html

Cam ..., MMA Posters

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:44 AM

hey cam

what can you do for me on the p4 and gp2004?

Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:49:19 -0800

Matt,

The GP 2004 is sold, but the Pride 4 is still available. I can’t do too much on the Pride 4 due to what I had to pay, but I suppose I could knock it down to $320 and still be able to feed the family…

Let me know…

Cam

Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:50:40 -0800

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that several new items were added to the main page and the premium page today. The blog has also been updated. Here’s the links:

Main Page: http://mmaposters.homestead.com/mmaposters.html

Blog: http://mmaposters.homestead.com/blog.html

Premium Page: http://mmaposters.homestead.com/Premium.html

Cam , MMA Posters

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:35 PM

hey cam...hope your holidays are going well

i think we agreed of the other pride 4 for $320 for purchase after the holidays...how much for both pride 4s?

Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:03:08 -0800

Matt,

I can’t do a whole lot on the second Pride 4 – I’ve got $250 into it, so that doesn’t leave me a whole lot of room to move. I could the pair for $600 including shipping, but that’s all I can do on those one’s. Let me know if you want to do both, I can mark it sold and set it aside as I know you’re good for it…

I’ve still go the other one set aside for you....

Cam

From dna
12/19/07

ok cam let's do it...send me 3 invoices for equal payments on 1/16/08 2/13/08 and 3/12/08....

matt
6/22/12 5:30 AM
yumaslim
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Photobucket
6/22/12 5:38 AM
yumaslim
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From Murphys collection thread. The pride 4 in question.
Photobucket
6/22/12 7:12 PM
grkblood

Edited: 06/22/12 7:11 PM
Joe Show Radio, Owner
I would like everyone in this thread to know that there will be no more deleting in this thread from Yumaslim.
With that said I'm going to repost my last post that was deleted today when Yuma still had this power: 
grkblood - Thank you for sharing a picture of a fake Pride 4 covered up by other posters. You say this is the poster you got from Murphy which is supposably the poster that Ruben now has so this picture has to be old or else it wouldn't be Ruben's poster. 

1) Why are you showing us a picture of Ruben's fake? We already know he has a fake.

2) How does this picture tie Murphy into anything? To me it's just a picture.

3) Why have you still not shown us a picture of the other fake Pride 4 that you apparently have that doesn't have a crease? To be more clear, why haven't you shown us a picture of the other fake next to a real Pride 4 with a piece of paper that has the date written on it?

Yuma, you've dug your own grave man. Why are you coming on here a week later with this BS when youve obviously been lurking? You're not stringing anyone along here.

6/22/12 7:17 PM
Big Shot

Wow! Yuma got D-moded? Sure as hell hope freaking Lloyd does not become one in his place!
6/22/12 7:18 PM
hunto21

Yikes, this is starting to get nasty. Yuma probably should have just given him a replacement poster. By the time this is over he's gonna have a worse reputation than me :)
6/22/12 7:29 PM
ricksongjj

hunto21 - Yikes, this is starting to get nasty. Yuma probably should have just given him a replacement poster. By the time this is over he's gonna have a worse reputation than me :)

That actually made me laugh out loud!
6/22/12 7:38 PM
fightpimp

notice the wonk-eye! This post got deleted yesterday TWICE!!!
6/22/12 8:07 PM
Dawggy
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hunto21 - Yikes, this is starting to get nasty. Yuma probably should have just given him a replacement poster. By the time this is over he's gonna have a worse reputation than me :)
In spite of yourself, you made me chuckle. Well done. Phone Post
6/22/12 8:35 PM
mmagirl104
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ricksongjj - 
hunto21 - Yikes, this is starting to get nasty. Yuma probably should have just given him a replacement poster. By the time this is over he's gonna have a worse reputation than me :)

That actually made me laugh out loud!

Me too!
6/22/12 8:59 PM
fightpimp

6/22/12 10:09 PM
Big Shot

Damn near choked on my Tiramitsu when I read that!
6/24/12 7:52 PM
Malcolmdogg
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post
6/24/12 9:39 PM
Big Shot

Your such a stronzo Lloyd! 
6/26/12 2:09 PM
the_homeboy

Zombie Flanders - I say BAN all parties involved in this thread.

Yumaslim
The homeboy
bjjdna

BAN these cocksuckers.

Clearly this thread was about trying to extort ppl out of more posters than getting to the bottom of the fakes,

I am disgusted.

What are you talking about? bjjdna and myself updated the thread with all the info we had. We got as far to the bottom as we are gonna get. yumaslim has beat around the bush the whole time, he still hasn't given a direct response to all the ?'s everyone asked.
6/28/12 2:24 PM
Humphrey

I'm interested in seeing how this ends up. As far as suing goes, his only options are going to be a refund (possibly with interest) and court costs, or a valid copy of what he bought.

The purpose of a court is to make the winner whole again. not to get a windfall of extra money.

Now, on the other hand, it doesn't make any difference what the loser is out. he has to make the winner whole, and if he's shafted, he can go after whoever did it to him. it's not the plaintiff's responsibility, or problem.

Anyway, I have to say, I'm shocked. I recently started doing some collecting of old PRIDE memorabilia, and I expect this kind of thing on Craig's list etc, but here? with a moderator? wow. If I decide to do business on here you can bet I'd be much more reserved now.
6/28/12 3:07 PM
the_homeboy

Best thing is ask alot of ?'s, NO MATTER who it is. Def try to see if someone else has one to make sure it's the same as far as size, paper, image, color etc. Can't ever get too much advice. Leave no doubt where the poster came from. In this case, I trusted yuma, he said it came from murph who I also trust and have dealt with but if I would have asked murph before buying I would've been hesitant to buy if I would've known it didn't come from him. Had I asked other collectors such as bjjdna I would've been able to look at his poster and seen the fold which I would've identified right away before buying. Live and learn.....
6/28/12 4:18 PM
Humphrey

the bad part is it makes me rethink buying anything. I don't know these collectors, so i can't just 'know' if it's the right guy, and honestly, up until your issue I would have taken a mod's word as good and not research him.
6/28/12 5:05 PM
the_homeboy

You can always ask on here. Get some phone #'s so you can talk to other collectors, I prefer talk than text and emails. It's good to get to know other collectors. There's a few of us who have had many posters pass through our hands throughout the years, take advantage of others' experience. I talk to fightpimp, chipguy, bjjdna and a few others regularly. Also have talked to flyingtoehold, wiu81, chicagotom and a couple of other guys(sorry if I left some names out) who have or have had many posters in their posession and can give you some great input. At this point, collecting has gotten pretty expensive for some items but you gotta shop around and know when to pull the trigger on the rare items. grkblood started not too long ago and has picked up some great posters and some great deals so they're out there.
6/28/12 9:12 PM
Humphrey

yeah, I'm not looking to build a 'collectin' I just want to get a few really old MMA posters to mount in glass and hang in a pool/tv room.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.