UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN: Kirik or Chris, site needs more Dana

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
6/11/12 6:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know you guys are busy, but is there anyway we could maybe have his image appear in a small gif image next to each individual thread when you click on them?

You guys do a great job making sure we all know every thought, emotion, idea, etc that Dana has daily. But Ive honestly been finding myself like a junkie without his fix lately.

Sometimes the wallpaper when the site loads doesnt feature an image of Dana. What is that? Why is that? Who is responsible for that?

I realize there are other users on here with various other interests. But I come here to be told clearly and concisely who sucks, who is overrated(or "a bitch") and who is ducking whom.

Instead of mud, pro, business, and fighter memberships, is there any way users could pay say 50 a year for a "Dana" membership that filters out all non-Dana content on this site? I think even ol' J-run could handle that.

Id be the first one to slide you guys a crisp Grant.

6/11/12 7:04 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The image would always be >:(

Forever. Phone Post
6/11/12 7:07 PM
buddie
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
6/11/12 7:29 PM
Pro Ice
1924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Instant classic! imo
6/11/12 7:33 PM
HELWIG

Going through withdrawl here.
6/11/12 8:10 PM
Kirik
1632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/11/12 8:23 PM
The Underground, Mayor for Life
Dana White is the most compelling figure in MMA. It's math.

We do 14 stories per day, and track meticulously what gets the most views and responses. There really isn't an enduring #2 behind Dana.

Of the last 20 stories, DFW is mentioned in six. Of those 20 stories the most popular are:
Lesnar: 'Nuclear' with WWE, 'worst meeting ever' with Dana White     51077
White: Do you want the truth or not? 47676
MMA world reacts to Pacquiao decision 39189
RIP Billy Rush, June 11, 1974 - June 6, 2012 38685
Dana White: Shogun camp said he would get cut before fighting Glover 35435
Dana White: Florida is just a tough, tough market     25480 
Paul Daley released from Strikeforce contract 25075

The pattern is inescapable.

The figure in ( ) is just the views from the front page. Thread views, smart phone and tablet views are not included.

Franklin admits interest in using TRT 9778 11-Jun-12  
Father of all MMA photographers interview and gallery 8095 11-Jun-12  
MacDonald wanted Condit, settled for Penn 11406 11-Jun-12  
Stann details shoulder injury 8512 11-Jun-12  
KenFlo's goodbye to fighting 14481 11-Jun-12  
Dana White: I love Rousey, she's as tough and nasty as it comes 15680 11-Jun-12  
White: Fighters need to tone it down, stop hurting each other in training 17990 11-Jun-12  
Dr. Benjamin's controversial comments on Mir, Sonnen, Diaz, and Overeem 15887 11-Jun-12  
St-Pierre vs. Condit 'penciled in' for UFC 154 in Montreal 16270 10-Jun-12  
White: Do you want the truth or not? 47676 10-Jun-12  
Official trailer for UFC 147: Franklin vs. Silva 2 12944 10-Jun-12  
Paul Daley released from Strikeforce contract 25075 10-Jun-12  
Michael Bisping under going surgery today for torn meniscus 12971 10-Jun-12  
MMA world reacts to Pacquiao decision 39189 10-Jun-12  
Jose Aldo out of UFC 149, Barao vs. Faber in as main event 26609 09-Jun-12  
RIP Billy Rush, June 11, 1974 - June 6, 2012 38685 09-Jun-12  
Dana White: Shogun camp said he would get cut before fighting Glover 35435 09-Jun-12  
McCall: I lost because Johnson fought better 22215 09-Jun-12  
Dana White: Florida is just a tough, tough market 25480 09-Jun-12  
Lesnar: 'Nuclear' with WWE, 'worst meeting ever' with Dana White 51077 09-Jun-12  
6/11/12 8:20 PM
manzuri
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you wanna be a fucking UGer!? Phone Post
6/11/12 11:12 PM
HELWIG

"Most compelling figure that ever lived" is more like it.
6/11/12 11:28 PM
Loxly
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanodogg2 -  If not for the Fertitta's cash we'd have no mma today. Phone Post

fixed
6/12/12 12:13 AM
CindyO

Loxly - 

fixed

Bullshit. Their money w/o DW turns out like Bodog did w/a billionaire behind it... a failure and out of business.

Cindy
6/12/12 12:16 AM
32Hunter

^yeah right, Lorenzo's ac connections plus the ufc name, means that never happens
6/12/12 12:24 AM
PrettyBoy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed is there anyway we can change the name of the forum to simply the DanaGround. Or the DG.

Kirk ? Please Phone Post
6/12/12 12:27 AM
PrettyBoy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub forums

Do you want to talk about fucking fighting?

The other fucking ground.

Change tapout to That's Illegal! Phone Post
6/12/12 12:29 AM
ArtWanderlei

I thought HELWIG was trying to get into the UFC one day?  Or is he bitter about it not happening yet?

Cheers

-Stef
6/12/12 12:33 AM
The Real RocknRolla
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
Loxly - 

fixed

Bullshit. Their money w/o DW turns out like Bodog did w/a billionaire behind it... a failure and out of business.

Cindy
This Phone Post
6/12/12 9:14 AM
HELWIG

Dale Gribble - 14 stories a day, 10 of which are about Dana White. No wonder he gets the most views and responses.

He already puts his mug all over UFC events, UFC TV shows, and UFC video blogs. Is it really needed to have him all over the UG, too?

Like someone else suggested, just go ahead and change the name of this website to the DG. UFC should change their name to "Dana White presents the UFC."

Hire this^ man immediately!

6/12/12 9:19 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed, remember those great fights Dana has been in? He has bleed for 5 rounds for us, has amazing comeback wins after being almost KOd, the guys has been in so many classics, more Dana please
6/12/12 9:26 AM
MITman2k
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/12/12 9:28 AM
 Personally, I'm not buying the new EA MMA game unless Dana is on the cover of it. They don't even need to take a new image, just photoshop in this one.

"Do You want to be a fucking Dana!!?!"
6/12/12 10:19 AM
Garv
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedJoke.com, Nick Diaz's Supplier
 Bravo @ Helwig!
6/12/12 10:25 AM
Garv
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MITman2k -  Personally, I'm not buying the new EA MMA game unless Dana is on the cover of it. They don't even need to take a new image, just photoshop in this one.

"Do You want to be a fucking Dana!!?!"

That is easily one of the weirdest and goofiest things about MMA fans; the fist-up pose with the fighter.  I can’t think of another sport that has a pose that the fans take when they get pictures with the athletes where they mimic the activity they enjoy watching.  It’s not just a few guys striking this dopey pose, either.  It’s the majority.  I can completely understand if you’re a fighter yourself, and you want an image of camaraderie with one of your sporting idols, but if you’re an overweight short order cook who’s never even taken a tae bo class, do the world a favor and keep your fucking fist un-balled when you’re standing next to Anderson Silva.

--Joe Rogan
6/12/12 11:56 AM
HELWIG

"Agreed, remember those great fights Dana has been in? He has bleed for 5 rounds for us, has amazing comeback wins after being almost KOd, the guys has been in so many classics, more Dana please"

Dude I remember when the UFC was BARELY sanctioned in Atlantic City under SEG. I had to sit through terrible cards full of proven, international talent. Not a single one of those guys was on a reality show, they were just like random guys with dozens of professional fights between them. Like Joe Blows that had "worked their way up the ladder" or some shit.

It was insufferable.

" Personally, I'm not buying the new EA MMA game unless Dana is on the cover of it. They don't even need to take a new image, just photoshop in this one."

Who does EA think it is?

MMA? As if that even means anything anymore. There was fighting and martial arts BEFORE Dana White(laregly stagnant and irrelevant) and then there was it after Dana(A.D.)

That cover is arguably the most significant accomplishment in the history of the sport.

You have a heavily photoshopped image of the UFC President grimacing as he throws a punch RIGHT IN OUR FACE.

And then the headline that he's about to discuss the BRILLIANT move of putting Brock Lesnar as the main event billed above GSP for the 100th UFC show.

Just a terrific combo of accomplishments all around.

Seriously Kirik, you need to be able to let fans filter out all non-Dana(N.D.) content from this site and give the people what they really and truly want.

Perhaps a modified version of "Net Nanny"?

6/12/12 12:31 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for Dana's next fight in the octagon, this guy leaves it all in the cage fight after fight, hopefully someone will step up, no one wants to fight this guy right now, just bleed mfers
6/12/12 1:14 PM
HELWIG

liquidrob - I can't wait for Dana's next fight in the octagon, this guy leaves it all in the cage fight after fight, hopefully someone will step up, no one wants to fight this guy right now, just bleed mfers

I have it on good authority that despite being ultra-ducked himself, Glover Tex only agreed to sign with the UFC if they put it in writing that he'd never have to face Dana.
6/12/12 1:20 PM
Garv

HELWIG - 
liquidrob - I can't wait for Dana's next fight in the octagon, this guy leaves it all in the cage fight after fight, hopefully someone will step up, no one wants to fight this guy right now, just bleed mfers

I have it on good authority that despite being ultra-ducked himself, Glover Tex only agreed to sign with the UFC if they put it in writing that he'd never have to face Dana.

Reminds me of what I heard about the Tito Dana boxing match.  Can't confirm the absolute truth of it, but supposedly Tito signed a contract and knew the match would not happen.  He made some good coin by doing that.
6/12/12 2:12 PM
valetudosuperfight

Wow Kirik, who would have thought that DFW bashing shogun, lying about glover, and getting his ass verbally handed to him by Lesnar would be newsworthy stories.

I mean, it's not like the whole reason DFW gets mentioned is because of his proximity to people that the fans actually want to see (the fighters).

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.