UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Frank Shamrock: "UFC HOF is not legit without me"

6/12/12 3:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
newjack900
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apologies if it's already been said im being too lazy to read through.. but the UFC HOF can be taken as seriously as their Top 100 Greatest Fights they put together a few years back. Amazing concept, and some great content. But I remember the UFC brass left out any fight involving anybody they had a grudge with at the time. You lose a lot of credibility and legitimacy doing shit like that.
6/12/12 4:03 PM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree 100% with Frank Shamrock, the UFC HOF is a sham.

If you printed a list of the UFC HOF and a list of who gets
Dana Whites christmas cards, you've got two identicallists. Only reason some guys aren't on there, is because they didn't allow Dana to lube up their anuses, and insert himself at will.
6/12/12 4:03 PM
Acidic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finnaly something all the Ugers can agree on
6/12/12 4:07 PM
epwar
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The current UFC Hall of Fame members.  Yes, they put Liddell and Hughes in there before Frank.

Ken Shamrock November 21, 2003 (UFC 45)  
Royce Gracie November 21, 2003 (UFC 45)  
Dan Severn April 16, 2005 (UFC 50)  
Randy Couture June 24, 2006 (The Ultimate Fighter 3 Finale)  
Mark Coleman March 1, 2008 (UFC 82)  
Chuck Lidell July 10, 2009 (UFC 100)  
Charles Lewis Jr. July 10, 2009 (UFC 100) Non-Fighter, Posthumous Induction
Matt Hughes May 29, 2010 (UFC 114)
6/12/12 4:22 PM
smiter

epwar - The current UFC Hall of Fame members.  Yes, they put Liddell and Hughes in there before Frank.

Ken Shamrock November 21, 2003 (UFC 45)  
Royce Gracie November 21, 2003 (UFC 45)  
Dan Severn April 16, 2005 (UFC 50)  
Randy Couture June 24, 2006 (The Ultimate Fighter 3 Finale)  
Mark Coleman March 1, 2008 (UFC 82)  
Chuck Lidell July 10, 2009 (UFC 100)  
Charles Lewis Jr. July 10, 2009 (UFC 100) Non-Fighter, Posthumous Induction
Matt Hughes May 29, 2010 (UFC 114)
I agree Frank should be in.

But over time both Chuck and Matt had a far bigger impact on the UFC. Phone Post
6/12/12 4:33 PM
raf_269
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed. Frank should be in the HOF.
6/12/12 4:41 PM
Kneeblock
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - Inducting Frank into the Hall of Fame doesn't mean you have to like the guy, it just means that he accomplished something in this sport.

These grudges are the last hurdle of what I think will make Dana the perfect President.

Sometimes you have to do what's right instead of indulge pettitness.

Absolutely correct.
6/12/12 4:42 PM
omgjoshjames
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed to get Frank his rightful place in UFC HoF Phone Post
6/12/12 4:47 PM
Kneeblock
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kostello - The whole thing is dumb.

I think most people can come to the consensus that the UFC Hall Of Fame isn't legit.

What would be legit is an MMA Hall Of Fame, with no organizations name on it. Just an MMA Hall Of Fame.

Frank Shamrock and a lot of other NON-UFC fighters deserve the right to be in the MMA Hall Of Fame. Nobody cares about a UFC HOF, they were kicking around putting Brock Lesnar in there, lol.

Imagine if boxing had a WBO HOF, IBF HOF, WBA HOF, etc.

The UFC is not MMA as many would like to believe. It's an organization that puts on MMA fights.

I agree and as has been stated many MANY times, there is NO organization better equipped to run an MMA Hall of Fame than MixedMartialArts.Com.

I know Kirik and Co. mostly stick to the website, but have started adding fan voted awards and a fighter database. The logical next step is a mixed martial arts Hall of Fame. There is no other organization in ALL OF MMA with the reputation and prestige this site has as an influential voice in the sport.

If Kirik set it up, I'm sure people would flock to volunteer. I know I would.

UG, make it happen.
6/12/12 4:47 PM
osiriss
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that he should be in HOF but it's not like this has not happened in other sports. What I do find amazing is how much frank "doesn't care" about the UFC yet he is always doing things to bring attention to himself at their expense. The feud is silly and Dana should be the better man but frank is no saint in this matter. Phone Post
6/12/12 5:04 PM
Lessphilling
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't most HOF's start like 50 years after the sport itself? I can't accept that UFC only has 7 fighters in theirs, some of whom were active at the time of induction. As with any sport, the fans, pundits, and fighters know the real deal on who's who, moreso than the owners.
6/12/12 5:22 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm no fan of Frank Shamrock, but he's absolutely right.
6/12/12 5:34 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes right.

I think for a real and legit hof tho, we need to wait another 10 years and open up a real mma hof. And only induct fighters if they are retired and haven't fought for 2 years Phone Post
6/12/12 5:35 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ken is in and dana hates him too. frank accomplished more. get him in there.
6/12/12 5:37 PM
RICKYB
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - can't disagree
. Phone Post
6/12/12 5:47 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -  ken is in and dana hates him too. frank accomplished more. get him in there.
Ken got put in when he and Dana were on great terms. Phone Post
6/12/12 6:05 PM
Kansas Comet

Absolutely Frank should be in the UFC HOF.

Agree with another Poster - that there should be a MMA HOF so HOF worthy fighters are less likely to be kept out via bias, hate, personal beef etc.
6/12/12 6:19 PM
Bellzer

It's still legit. Just like the MLB HOF is still legit with out Rose. By Legit All the fighters in the hof deserve to be there. That being said Frank deserve to be in it too. But the UFC by no means has to put him in. Just like the WWE does not have to put Randy Savage in its HOF(yes i know WWE is not a real sport just a bunch of grown men play fighting in there underwear).

What we really need is a MMA HOF not ran by a Company.

6/12/12 6:49 PM
JerodR
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is one of those times when it really shows why someones personal feelings should be left out of a business. I don't like Frank, but he does deserve to be in there. You can't just forget the history of the UFC and its fighters over the years. You should take the good with the bad, and set person feelings aside.
6/12/12 7:12 PM
chalice

the funniest thing about this is the idea that the "ufc hall of fame" would somehow be anywhere close to legit even if shamrock was in it.
6/12/12 7:19 PM
kimuralock

Frank and Tito both Phone Post
6/12/12 7:53 PM
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agree w/ thread title 100%

but in considering another thread, how "legit" is the UFC HOF?
Mask is in. no?
6/12/12 7:59 PM
CoolnDeadly

a MMA Hall of Fame is needed.
6/12/12 8:08 PM
Steve4192
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The 'UFC Hall of Fame' won't be legit until two things happen.

1.  It becomes an all-inclusive MMA Hall of Fame that takes into account accomplishments outside of the UFC.  All of the other major sports hall of fames includes accomplishments outside of the current dominant leagues.  The MMA Hall of Fame should be no different.

2.  Elections are taken out of the Zuffa boardroom and given to the press, the fans, or a panel of current/former fighters.  Until there is some sort of transparent voting procedure, the UFC Hall of Fame is worthless.
6/12/12 8:11 PM
RKing85
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This isn't exactly breaking new.

No HOF run by an organization (see the WWE or the UFC for example) is really legit.

Course, it won't be legit even if Frank goes in. That wouldn't fix the problem.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.