UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Car stuck in park & break lights don't work

6/14/12 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Geronimo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up everybody. I'm having a weird car problem. Maybes somebody can help me.

2001 Honda Accord EX Coupe (4 cyl)

My 2001 Honda Accord is stuck in park, the brake lights don't work, the horn and the cruise control doesnt work. I have to stick my key in the shift lock release to put the car in neutral. I then have to start the car, and then switch the gears while the car is started. Once I move the clutch to park, it locks up. I also noticed that the brake lights do not work when the car is on or off. The horn doesn't work at all. All other lights work properly. I checked the fuses under the hood and noticed that the STOP HORN fuse blew, i replaced the fuse and my car horn started working fine. I was able to shift out of gear without sticking the key in the shift release lock. Well...as soon as I stepped on the breaks the STOP FUSE blew. I figured out (by trial and error) that the STOP HORN fuse blows every time i press the brake.

So I go to AutoZone to buy me a new BREAK LIGHT SWITCH. It didn't fix the problem. Has anybody here experienced this problem?

6/16/12 4:49 PM
Road Warrior Fin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say check the wiring on the break pedal light switch.  Every time you press it down, something is grounding it and causing the fuse to blow.  Something metal to metal or wire to metal is going on down there.  There may be a harnass along with the breaklight switch you can replace.  Follow the wires I'd say.
6/22/12 4:53 AM
occupy_DDF
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ This.
6/28/12 12:39 PM
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A brake light is incorrectly installed into it's socket.........or you have trailer hitch wiring that is shorted.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.