UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson sued by Chute Boxe owner for defamation

6/15/12 4:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/15/12 4:36 PM
Fighters Only, web monkey

oh anderson,is there nobody you havent completely incensed and cut off with your recently published autobiography? Rafael, Jose Pele and now Fedrigo...

The Chute Boxe owner - who managed Anderson's career in the past, when the academy was in its prime with several fighters on PrideFC roster - is taking legal action for ‘damage to reputation’ because Anderson’s book alleges he is “a bad person” who troubled many people over the years.

Rudimar sued Anderson and is claiming for moral indemnification due to the accusations contained in the biography. Fedrigo also requires the book to be prohibited to be sold - and an initial court hearing sided with him yesterday.

“It saddened me so much, I'm very upset it got this this point. Not once did Anderson ever tell me anything face to face, eye to eye. It is lamentable that after so many years he shot me in the back and in such a cowardly fashion,”

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/16590-chute-boxe-owner-sues-anderson-silva-for-damage-to-reputation 
6/15/12 4:38 PM
MMApostle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All these broke ass bitches trying to make money off Anderson, pretty damn shameful.
6/15/12 4:39 PM
lildragonof
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting. Phone Post
6/15/12 4:40 PM
Acidic

MMApostle - All these broke ass bitches trying to make money off Anderson, pretty damn shameful.

isnt it the opposite way around?
6/15/12 4:41 PM
Shotokanman

Wouldn't his issue be with the author and publishers?

Someone is pissy that his fighter became the best in the world after the fighter left his gym.

6/15/12 4:43 PM
MMApostle

Acidic - 
MMApostle - All these broke ass bitches trying to make money off Anderson, pretty damn shameful.

Anderson = Multimillionaire
Pele = Broke
Chute Boxe = Dead
6/15/12 4:44 PM
john joe
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
Shotokanman - Wouldn't his issue be with the author and publishers?

Someone is pissy that his fighter became the best in the world after the fighter left his gym.

the author of an autobiography...
6/15/12 5:03 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

The very definition of a frivolous lawsuit (aka money grab attempt)
6/15/12 5:12 PM
ABE FROMAN

6/15/12 5:15 PM
Acidic

MMApostle - 
Acidic - 

Pele = Broke
Chute Boxe = Dead
Technically Anderson is making a book from his POV and in the book he defames these characters. This book is bringing in Anderson money. So he is making money from defaming these characters. Its fair game to sue imo.

Regardless i believe there is 3 sides to every stores. in this case Andersons, theres and the truth.

6/15/12 5:25 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Fedrigo fucked Anderson and many Chute Box members over back in the day.

Someone put out the WhistleBlower Bat Signal so he can help recall exactly what went down. He will always have a little anti-Anderson bias, but it should be mostly accurate recollection.
6/15/12 5:27 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Edited: 06/15/12 5:27 PM
Acidic - 
MMApostle - 
Acidic - 

Pele = Broke
Chute Boxe = Dead
Technically Anderson is making a book from his POV and in the book he defames these characters. This book is bringing in Anderson money. So he is making money from defaming these characters. Its fair game to sue imo.

Regardless i believe there is 3 sides to every stores. in this case Andersons, theres and the truth.

That's not how the law works here in America, but who knows in Brazil.

If Anderson wrote that book FOR THE PURPOSE of defaming those characters there would be legal grounds. When it is just a couple pages in an autobiography it is very very difficult to win a defamation suit.
6/15/12 5:27 PM
CaptainWoody
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More and more people keep coming forth telling stories of Anderson's personality.

This isn't the first we have heard that he is a coward...meaning he says shit behind peoples back rather than to their face..it was said before the book too

makes you question..maybe Chael is not that far off.

Just because he is a fantastic fighter doesn't mean he is a fantastic person......Michael Jordan anyone???
6/15/12 5:31 PM
ABE FROMAN

CaptainWoody - 

You mean the money-laundering TRT cheat who creates stories about being the champion and disses people's countries?

Yea, that's the guy you should take the word of, lol

SEMenTEX
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody wants that Anderson Silva money..

Phone Post
Shotokanman

CaptainWoody - More and more people keep coming forth telling stories of Anderson's personality.

This isn't the first we have heard that he is a coward...meaning he says shit behind peoples back rather than to their face..it was said before the book too

Just because he is a fantastic fighter doesn't mean he is a fantastic person......Michael Jordan anyone???

And just because you can type on a keyboard doesn't mean you are not a fucking idiot.

So I guess your analogy made perfect sense, look how well I used it!
6/15/12 5:44 PM
KZTT_Hocky Balboa
7908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have an old FIGHT! Magazine that had a big article about Silva.

If what was true in the article, he did get fucked over by Chute Boxe.

Long story short. He was having money disputes with Chute Boxe and was planning on leaving and then Fedrigo told PRIDE execs not to give him any more fights.

He told them that he would pull Wanderlei if they did.

Anderson quits fighting and gets a visit from Big Nog. Nog offers him money to help him out on one condition; He has to start taking BJJ seriously and train with them.

Also, Nog tells PRIDE execs that if they don't give Anderson another fight, he won't fight for them either.

I don't know how true the article is, but that's what it said. Phone Post
6/15/12 5:46 PM
RangerDanger
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think that Anderson is a coward. I just think a long time ago he was abused by Chute Boxe and other organizations/people and couldn't do anything about it. Now he doesn't care who he pisses off. I think everyone has that point in life where you don't have to be scared of something anymore and so you speak what you believe is the truth. Whether it be an old boss, a parent, coach or teammate. People hold stuff in and now he's just letting it out. However, I do think that he could have handled all this better.
6/15/12 5:46 PM
Kid_dynamite319

Hopefully this doesnt fuck with his mind going into the fight.
6/15/12 5:48 PM
ajjr0ller
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else LOL at the "shoot me in the back" reference? Phone Post
6/15/12 5:49 PM
CaptainWoody
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 
CaptainWoody - 

You mean the money-laundering TRT cheat who creates stories about being the champion and disses people's countries?

Yea, that's the guy you should take the word of, lol

Is this a reading comprehension problem????

I didn't say I agreed with him...I said maybe

I've never met the guy...but Chael isn't the only one to call Anderson a coward...my point is there MAYBE something to it.

Please drop the 10 year old little girl mentality that no one can have any criticism of your idol..Silva's is one of the greatest fighters ever, there's no argument from me....but this is real life and like I said being a great fighter doesn't = being a good person.

Again I'm saying maybe...IDK...but please grow up a little and we can have an adult conversation
6/15/12 5:50 PM
CaptainWoody

Shotokanman - 
CaptainWoody - More and more people keep coming forth telling stories of Anderson's personality.

And just because you can type on a keyboard doesn't mean you are not a fucking idiot.

So I guess your analogy made perfect sense, look how well I used it!

read my above post......you guys are like little girls seriously
6/15/12 5:55 PM
Dollawaysdoodoobutter
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/15/12 5:58 PM
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson seems like a douche... sure do love watching him fight though, and that trumps everything.

6/15/12 5:58 PM
ABE FROMAN

CaptainWoody - 

Is this a reading comprehension problem????

I didn't say I agreed with him...I said maybe

I've never met the guy...but Chael isn't the only one to call Anderson a coward...my point is there MAYBE something to it.

And my point was that you're picking the wrong guy to take his word from. Chael is likely to say anything about anybody...and it wasn't like I didn't put an 'lol' on the end to not make it so serious.

Please drop the 10 year old little girl mentality that no one can have any criticism of your idol..Silva's is one of the greatest fighters ever, there's no argument from me....but this is real life and like I said being a great fighter doesn't = being a good person.

Maybe you should stop assuming that Chael Sonnen has a point and then getting offended when other people don't agree with you. Should we have all said.....'oh yea, maybe he has a point'? I gave you another opinion, you acted even less than 10 because you obviously couldn't handle it.

Again I'm saying maybe...IDK...but please grow up a little and we can have an adult conversation

I'm down for adult conversations, but I'm also down for differing viewpoints. Just don't act like we're dissing you personally for having one. Like I said, I even put an 'lol' on the end just to come off less serious.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.