UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Respiratory problem, doc is clueless.

6/16/12 3:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thesleeper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am living in Brazil right now and I had to stop training because I started having mild chest pain when I take deep breathes, sometimes it gets stronger. This has been going on for nearly 6 weeks now. I went to the doctor and they did a chest x-ray and checked for pulmonary tb. Nothing.

Now I have a new symptom where I can feel some kind of snapping movement when I breathe (like when you crack a knuckle), but only occasionally. I don't have chest rattle, but I do have allergies and lots of mucous draining from my head. I had flu like symptoms as well, but those are getting better. I was pretty weak for like 3 weeks, but now I am getting better.

Any ideas on this? The doc thinks its related to sinus drainage into my lungs, but I am beginning to wonder if it isn't a cartilage problem.
6/19/12 8:28 PM
thesleeper

Now I can feel something moving slightly near my sternum when I breathe in deeply, it also sometimes makes the noise.
6/25/12 11:18 AM
U4EA
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have you perhaps fractured your sternum?
6/26/12 7:28 AM
WidespreadPanic

Post a picture of the human rib cage and draw an arrow or arrows where you feel the pain when you breath in.

Did you have an incident in training that involved your ribs or sternum? What is your white blood count? (infection).

Can you palpate any painful spots (press on something)? If it keeps up consider an MRI. Though expensive, it can show a problem, whereas an x-ray won't show soft tissue damage.

Good luck!

7/5/12 2:27 PM
thesleeper

It has improved, I think I dislocated a rib in the upper ribcage. I could feel something in my back as well. Its getting better now, I stopped training for about two months. The pain was just above my right pectoral muscle.

I have injured my ribs before, once I broke one and another time I separated some ribs. So I guess now I have the trifecta with the dislocation.
7/5/12 7:57 PM
Gorilla Grip

Did you see a Doctor or a Respiratory Therapist?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.