UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> So you want to survive outdoors

6/17/12 4:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey all, I came across this the other day and thought some of you might be interested. It is an informal FREE certification program for basic bushcraft skills. They have a set of online videos showing you how to do the following for their basic certificate.

Complete these required lessons.

• Shavings and feather sticks

• 5 man-made tinders

• Twig fire

• 4 basic knots

• Basic tarp shelter

• ID 5 trees and list 2 uses for each

• Make bannock by fire

• 2 strand twist of man-made cordage

• 3 strand braid of man- made cordage

• Knife sharpening

• Make an improvised cooking implement

• Make a pot hook

• Make a simple snare

After you have mastered the skills you then post pictures or videos showing you having completed them successfully. They also have a list of five "electives" to do along with some outdoor excursions. When you are done they send you an e-mail certificate and you can order a patch if that is your thing. It seems like a lot of fun and the wife and I actually started yesterday with me showing her some tree ID.

Anyway check it out at http://bushcraftusa.com/forum under Bushclass USA. Which is incidentally a great forum with a lot of good info. They also have the videos on youtube if you would like to just check them out.
6/18/12 1:08 PM
TheHouse
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
6/19/12 6:45 AM
Redneck
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, thanks.
6/19/12 3:45 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No problem. Let me know if you sign up over there. And I'm actually heading out to a gathering with some of the guys in Jersey this weekend. It should be interesting.
6/22/12 8:11 PM
Redneck
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just signed up, now I have to wait for the account to be approved.
4/12/14 4:52 AM
Kimbos Lice
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds badass! Voted up!!!!!!

Just got my Condor Mission pack in the mail today. With that, a bk9, and a few other supplies, I'm ready to do some primitive camping.

Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 5:07 AM
rckallday
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 6:25 AM
TheHouse
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I forgot I subed this thread. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.