UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Official Premier League 2014-15 Season thread

4/23/14 8:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cavani's standards are much higher than some mid table club.

The way United treated Moyes (Leaking it out in the media before telling him, players being cunts to him, etc) was classless too. Sure he did a shit job but fucking hell it's like they did their best to try and embarrass him as well

4/24/14 4:14 AM
Rloughlin03
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats it like up there? Up on that pedestal? Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 4:17 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You talking about the table?

4/24/14 5:14 AM
45forever
367 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That last post ...

Coming from a Liverpool fan was priceless,wasn't it king Kenny? Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 5:36 AM
AussieRooJitsu
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake talks more about United than he does about Liverpool Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 5:46 AM
Rloughlin03
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still three games. Still three games. Fuck, I'm at the stage where I wouldn't even be upset if city managed to wipe the smugness off all the Liverpool fans.

King Kenny, Woy Hodgson,

Had a look there at the fans around Benitez sacking. They were a shower of cocks! This comment made me laugh

"When Gerard Houllier took the Liverpool job he produced a team that played some desperately dull, dour football. He managed to finish second once without ever really convincing anybody that Liverpool were going to win the league but he also finished well outside the Top 4 once as well. However, he did manage to fluke a European trophy at one stage and he fluked an F.A. Cup win as well.

Strangely, that's exactly what Rafa Benitex has managed to do during his time at Liverpool.

Nobody knew it at the time but whe Liverpool replaced Gerard Houllier they installed another Gerard Houllier in his place.

Goodbye Rafa. I won't miss the kind of football you played but I'll certainly miss your rather amusing forays into the transfer market."

How quickly the fickle Liverpool fans forget,

So stay smug for now, dont forget you haven't won anything yet. And even if you do win, remember there's a lot of catching up to do. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 5:51 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

AussieRooJitsu - Pancake talks more about United than he does about Liverpool Phone Post 3.0

I talk about whatsever being discussed tbh. If it's United it's United, Cardiff i'll take about Cardiff (Who are only hanging by a thread of survival because a Scot), Liverpool, etc.

The whole Moyes thing and United's gigantic collapse though is a big thing to talk about and their unrealistic expectations for the transfer market

4/24/14 5:54 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

I'm still not 100% sure we'll win the title so can't really say i am being smug. I've never hated Rafa ( If me singing his praise on here a few times wasn't enough) or Kenny (Despite his last time as Liverpool manager not being that sucessful in more ways than one)

I'll say though that you're already noticing a ton more Liverpool fans and it is a tad bit annoying. Like where the fuck were you even last year?

4/24/14 5:56 AM
AussieRooJitsu
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup Ali -
AussieRooJitsu - Pancake talks more about United than he does about Liverpool Phone Post 3.0

I talk about whatsever being discussed tbh. If it's United it's United, Cardiff i'll take about Cardiff (Who are only hanging by a thread of survival because a Scot), Liverpool, etc.

The whole Moyes thing and United's gigantic collapse though is a big thing to talk about and their unrealistic expectations for the transfer market

I'm a united fan but I don't get why people are so surprised at this year, we have been on top for so long and the greatest manager of all time just left. A collapse was bound to happen. And it was only a matter of time before Liverpool did decent in the premier league, I mean, even Blackburn won the premier league once. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 5:58 AM
AussieRooJitsu

Pancake Syrup Ali -

I'm still not 100% sure we'll win the title so can't really say i am being smug. I've never hated Rafa ( If me singing his praise on here a few times wasn't enough) or Kenny (Despite his last time as Liverpool manager not being that sucessful in more ways than one)

I'll say though that you're already noticing a ton more Liverpool fans and it is a tad bit annoying. Like where the fuck were you even last year?

Yeah plenty of Liverpool fans coming up now lol feel bad for the real fans who have been supporting them through this bad spell and now they have to share it with people who were likely Bayern fans last year and Barca the year before. Only good thing I can see about Uniteds collapse is that all the fake fans will fuck off Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 6:02 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

AussieRooJitsu - 
Pancake Syrup Ali -

I'm a united fan but I don't get why people are so surprised at this year, we have been on top for so long and the greatest manager of all time just left. A collapse was bound to happen. And it was only a matter of time before Liverpool did decent in the premier league, I mean, even Blackburn won the premier league once. Phone Post 3.0

I expected United to fall off (Picked them to finish 3rd and finish point wise quite a bit behind Chelsea and city who i thought would run away quickly and battle for the title) but a drop all the way to 7th is quite much and something you really can't expect even if one of the greatest managers of all time (and you know Scottish that's why he was so good)

I'm just happy Liverpool are back in the CL. I hate watching those midweek games knowing that Liverpool aren't in it

4/24/14 6:05 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

AussieRooJitsu - 
Pancake Syrup Ali -

Yeah plenty of Liverpool fans coming up now lol feel bad for the real fans who have been supporting them through this bad spell and now they have to share it with people who were likely Bayern fans last year and Barca the year before. Only good thing I can see about Uniteds collapse is that all the fake fans will fuck off Phone Post 3.0

haha Liverpool have always had a great backing despite the 7th-8th place finishes recently but yeah it's a tad much.

Also a pet peeve is the fucking YNWA on posts. WE FUCKING GET IT! You're a Liverpool fan but dear god you don't have to put it at the end of everything.

Just had a pizza before the game lol #YNWA.

I'm sure that's what Turtle gets to deal with on his facebook as well lol

I like the song when it's sung at Anfield but leave it at that. I hate how people feel the need to market and shove everything down peoples throat. Just like the Boston Strong thing from last year. I mean shut the fuck up about it already. You're using a phrase made because of a terrorist attack to sell merchandise, get cheap applause or look cool on facebook. Stop it

4/24/14 6:05 AM
AussieRooJitsu

Pancake Syrup Ali -
AussieRooJitsu - 
Pancake Syrup Ali -

I expected United to fall off (Picked them to finish 3rd and finish point wise quite a bit behind Chelsea and city who i thought would run away quickly and battle for the title) but a drop all the way to 7th is quite much and something you really can't expect even if one of the greatest managers of all time (and you know Scottish that's why he was so good)

I'm just happy Liverpool are back in the CL. I hate watching those midweek games knowing that Liverpool aren't in it

True. There's a different between dropping off and collapsing I guess, but even looking at the team from last year it wasn't very impressive. Heaps of changes need to be done.

Liverpool will offer a lot next year, they won't be the best side, won't have the best attack or defence but Anfield will be going nuts and that's enough for them to win it. If Chelsea can do it, Liverpool can lol

.. But I hope they don't, fuck them! (Had to add that in) Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 6:09 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

I expect a bit of a drop off next year (Even though the less games argument pisses me off). Need to bring in guys most importantly a CB and LB imo. Having guys back like Suso back will help as well.

Also speaking of LB the fact that he might be sold for 30m is silly. Guess if southampton can get that money though it's good for them

4/24/14 6:11 AM
AussieRooJitsu

Did you see the YNWA sung in Melbourne last year? That shit was intense Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 6:14 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

Well you stick 96,000 people in there and make them sing it i'm sure it would be loud.

It's nice though because (This is going to sound like another dig at americans but this is one of my legit complaints) american sports fans are fucking terrible at chants-songs. Their best are something like Lets go *Insert team name here) or Defense..defense...defense... It's sad.

4/24/14 6:21 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

Edited: 04/24/14 6:21 AM

I'm reading who SkySports people are picking for their England squad.

LOL at Butland, Walker, Lampard, Townsend, Stones (Who i like a lot but cmon if you're going to pick Stones where the hell is Flanagan?) making the England squad

4/24/14 7:00 AM
Rloughlin03

Walker at right back for pace. Lampard experience. Townsend was great in his last few internationals, off the boil now but might be useful off bench, Stones I agree is too soon BUT the thing in his favour is the number of retirements, injuries and lack of playing time for English centre backs, England don't have many keepers and But land has done okay and has some international experience. This really isn't as stupid as you make it out to be.

And I know you have a hard on for Flanaghan but Baines & Shaw are the favoured lbs and Johnson & Walker are the favoured rbs.

Flanagan has played just over 20 games this season, and just over 30 professional games his career. Walker has 31 this season and over 200 his career and is only two years older. Walker was hotly rated not too long ago (more than flanaghan) and was linked with Madrid. I agree he hasn't been at his best this year but he is still decent. he has more experience and pace and is less of a risk.

Woy doesn't like risks. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 7:08 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

Walker has been shit this year anytime i've seen him so unless i'm catching him at the wrong time everytime he's nothing special, a lesser version of johnson. I'll take Flanagan over Walker any day. Will take a guy who's made Mata and Navas look like League 1 quality over a guy who's pace is the only reason he's not out of position 90% of the time. Plus Flanagan's a fucking RB who can also play LB if he has to damnit!

There's so many better choices in the midfield for England than Lampard. Gerrard, Milner, Wilshere, Henderson, Lallana, Barkley, Sterling, Barry should be England's midfield

4/24/14 7:08 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

also i thought Stones was a RB?

4/24/14 7:15 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

Because i know everyone wants to know what my english squad owuld be

GK) Hart, Foster, Forster

DF) Johnson, Flanagan, Cahill, Jagielka, Lescott, Smalling, Baines, Cole

MF) Barkley, Barry, Gerrard, Hederson, Huddlestone, Lallana, Milner, Sterling, Wilshere

FW) Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Lambert

4/24/14 7:30 AM
ShamusO'nyou
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

45forever - That last post ...

Coming from a Liverpool fan was priceless,wasn't it king Kenny? Phone Post 3.0

Come on now, you can't compare

I will give you your due, you defended Moyes but you are an exception from what I can see. He didn't even get a full season.

The owners never wanted Kenny as mamanger and it was them that drove him out , not the fans. I think Kenny deserved more of a chance but he is no less loved than he was before he stepped in.
4/24/14 7:31 AM
WALES1
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenny wasted 100 million. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 7:34 AM
45forever
367 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 7:35 AM
Rloughlin03

Stones is a CB, took Jagielkas place at Everton.

So in your team you have a few players I don't know about.

Jagielka isn't currently match fit as he's coming back from injury. Do you risk him?

Lescott doesn't play for city

Cole doesn't play for Chelsea

Smalling hasn't been great this year

Huddleston's is too slow and immobile

You have left out Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Alex oxlade Chamberlain, Carrick, Townsend, to mention a few. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.