UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Seagal: Silva fears me, LeBell is a demented liar

6/19/12 7:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Steven Seagal recently appeared on Ariel Helwani's The MMA Hour and discussed debatably the greatest fighter in Mixed Martial Arts history Anderson Silva ("he either fears me pretends to fear me") and debatably the father of mixed martial arts Gene LeBell (if he said that he's a sick, pathological, scumbag, a-----, liar, I did not poop my pants).

Rumor has it that Steven Seagal is a creep. As former Pride commentator and fight coordinator Stephen Quadros relates “I had heard all the horror stories about how he would hurt actors and stunt performers, dislocated shoulders, kick guys in the nuts to see if they were wearing cups, etc. I had heard about Gene LeBell."

The LeBell story is legend.

As it goes, in 1991, Gene LeBell was working as a stunt coordinator on Out for Justice. At some point Seagal announced that due to his Aikido training, he was immune to chokes. When then 58-year-old LeBell heard about the claim, he gave Seagal the opportunity to test it.

LeBell set the choke up, Seagal said "Go" and Seagal promptly went. As the story goes, Seagal went out and went #1 and #2 in his pants.

Ever since, either because of a rumored legal gag order (see action figure for confirmation :-), or because in the stunt business what happens on the set stays on the set, LeBell has never fully confirmed the story.

On The MMA Hour, Seagal vehemently denied the Gene LeBell dookie pants story.

“I don’t even know if he is still alive. Is he still alive? I never knew this about him – either he is a pathological liar or he had somebody making up these stories. He came over to my trailer and I was with a guy called Conrad Palmisano who is still a legend, one of the greatest stunt co-ordinators in the history of Hollywood.

“[LeBell and I] were standing there talking about moves and stuff like that and we were just doing some stretching and he was showing me how you can stretch … he wanted to stretch my back and then I kind of flipped over the top of him and said ‘thank you for that.

“There was never any confrontation with him ever. In any way, shape or form. And I swear to god on my children – and they are the most precious thing in my life – if he is saying that he is a pathological scumbag liar. I keep answering that. Either he made up this lie or someone made it up.

“When I first heard it was dumbfounded and so was Conrad Palmisano, who you are welcome to talk to, he was standing right there. He’s probably the most famous stunt co-ordinator in our business and a Vietnam veteran, a great salt of the earth and an honest, upright non-lying man.

“Gene Le Bell has never even said anything impolite to me. When he has seen me he has been extremely polite to me and just acted like a friend. I think you know the truth here and everyone else knows the truth and if Gene is saying shit like that he should be ashamed of himself.

“And after I heard this I did start to think of some other things he had said, like he said to me he had beat the shit out of Bruce Lee and I started to think well maybe this guy is a pathological liar. He should never make up these kind of sick… you know… It just makes him look like a total a------. It makes him look like a demented child.”

Seagal also discussed Anderson Silva, equally annoyingly in its own way.

"With me he's already been very, very, very humble," said Seagal. "He either fears me pretends to fear me. He's a consummate gentleman, a great student and a great friend. To me he's the way I'd want any of my students or friends to be."

Read entire article...

(2:14:30 mark)

These quotes are not gaffes in an otherwise commendable life, as detailed in this blog on "the most ridiculous man in the world.
Part I
Part II
Sample text: 
In all honesty, Seagal is a serial con artist, a pathological narcissist, an insecure misogynist, a cowardly bully and a self-aggrandizing, deluded, languid, physically grotesque, psuedo-mystical madman. But most of all, he’s the most ridiculous and entertaining man in the world, and for that I will always be an ardent fan.

6/19/12 7:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fillthy
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So he wants his students to fear him, or at least fake it so well that he thinks they fear him.

That's about everything I needed to know about the cunt.
He's like a real-life John Kreese.
6/19/12 7:25 PM
Hypnos
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seagal has dementia or is flat our delusional. Phone Post
6/19/12 7:27 PM
tcrowl18
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im really happy this guy hasn't gone away yet. constant source of laughter.

damn u for makin me never want to watch Under Siege again asshole
6/19/12 7:28 PM
UGCTT_AdamD
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, I'm REALLY starting to suspect that Seagal might just be one of the best trolls ever.
6/19/12 7:52 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So at one point Seagal says "I never knew this about him. Either he is a pathological liar or he had somebody making up these stories."

Then a few paragraphs down he says "I keep answering that", which I assume means he has been asked about this particular story before.

Either Ariel asked the guy multiple times after the first time asking or Seagal is full of shit. I'm leaning towards the latter.

6/19/12 7:54 PM
Madmuzzy

With Silva i think he is one of those guys who will just be non-chalant with you and let u think he fears u because he cba with the hassle and he knows he cud end u quick if he wanted too.
6/19/12 8:07 PM
traneufcisback

Seagal has ALWAYS been an extreme egotistical, lying, bullying nutjob. Just ask almost ANYONE who worked with him. Ask his Aikido training partners in the U.S.
He is a patholgical liar.
6/19/12 8:10 PM
pennviachoke
1115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know what to think about this..doubtful Silva would respond in a negative way, seems to really like SS. HAS to irritate him tho..I mean hes pretty much the baddest SOB on the planet and here he has the baddest SOB(IN MOVIES!!) saying he's a scaredy cat. Seagull is a facking joke! Phone Post
6/19/12 8:11 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
6/19/12 8:12 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

traneufcisback -  Seagal has ALWAYS been an extreme egotistical, lying, bullying nutjob. Just ask almost ANYONE who worked with him. Ask his Aikido training partners in the U.S.
He is a patholgical liar.

But I dont know anyone that has worked or trained with Seagal.

I do think you hit it right on the money though. The guy seems to believe his own shit and expects everyone else to as well.
6/19/12 8:15 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Usually when someone goes into great detail to explain why something isn't true... it's probably true.
6/19/12 8:15 PM
MickColins
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judo Gene the liar? Didn't Seagal claim to have been in the CIA and got called out for being a liar? He also claimed to be Mongolian but his dad is Jewish and his Mom is Irish.

Foud this:

"In an interview with Spy, Goldman says he had long known that Seagal tends to tell grandiose tales about himself. Late in 1988, a former soldier of fortune and treasure hunter named Randy Widner invited Seagal, Goldman and another man to hunt for treasure off the coast of Barbados. At that time, Seagal had been telling Goldman that he’d been a U.S. Navy SEAL. Evidently this was one frogman who did not take well to water. As Goldman recalls, “Randy was driving [a Zodiac raft] in circles while Steven and I carried the gear out to him. The surf was unbelievable, really tough… He started screaming and panicking and was sure he was going to die and all that crap.” Goldman says Seagal had to be helped onto the vessel. “Wildner had to pull Seagal by his hair; I pushed his ass onto the boat with my shoulder.” Later that evening, Goldman says, he realized that Seagal could not read a compass or a map. (Seagal describes himself as “autistic with numbers.”) With that, Goldman says, he totally dismissed the notion that Seagal had ever been involved in any covert operations. In his letter to the Times reporter, Goldman wrote that Seagal “would surely die of starvation if he was given a compass and a map that led to a restaurant five miles away.”
6/19/12 8:16 PM
BadRobot321
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. This dudes cray. Phone Post
6/19/12 8:19 PM
NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Phone Post
ahaha Phone Post
6/19/12 8:38 PM
Kings21

NarlyPersianDude - What is more pathetic than Steven Seagal, is how much attention you guys give him. It's all your guys' fault, dont want to sound like a hypocrite, this will be my only time talking about him, but you guys keep talking about this guy, you are doing the publicity for him. The entire thing with Lyoto and Anderson is nothing but money for business venture, they are doing a reality show, that's all it is.

Stop talking about the dude, and he goes away. That simple

No one was talking about him before he started "training" with Anderson and he just happened so show up. He'll go away when the media stops giving him any attention, not the people who populate MMA forums.
6/19/12 8:40 PM
ChrisJPN
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/19/12 8:41 PM
My dad has a 4th dan in Aikido and teaches classes. Years back, when Seagal was just beginning his career slide, his Aikido org. invited him to travel to England to participate in some sort of summer school they were doing and, hopefully, help Aikido make some gains in the UK. At first, Seagal accepted and they started making plans. Then weeks later, his people informed them that not only would Seagal need 5 star accommodation and first class flights (they'd previously agreed to this) but so would everyone in his crew of bodyguards and assistants. There were several other demands but it was so long ago I can barely remember. Needless to say they called the whole thing off but I do remember everyone who dealt with him or his people figured out he was an unreasonable and/or dishonest cunt quite a while before it became common knowledge.
6/19/12 8:43 PM
HELWIG

"And I swear to god on my children – and they are the most precious thing in my life"

didnt he abandon his first family in Japan?
6/19/12 8:46 PM
ShawnS917

NarlyPersianDude - What is more pathetic than Steven Seagal, is how much attention you guys give him. It's all your guys' fault, dont want to sound like a hypocrite, this will be my only time talking about him, but you guys keep talking about this guy, you are doing the publicity for him. The entire thing with Lyoto and Anderson is nothing but money for business venture, they are doing a reality show, that's all it is.

Stop talking about the dude, and he goes away. That simple

Please just go back to bumping your own threads. Grown folks are talking here.
6/19/12 8:49 PM
BrianStannFan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/19/12 8:50 PM
MickColins -  Judo Gene the liar? Didn't Seagal claim to have been in the CIA and got called out for being a liar? He also claimed to be Mongolian but his dad is Jewish and his Mom is Irish.

Foud this:

"In an interview with Spy, Goldman says he had long known that Seagal tends to tell grandiose tales about himself. Late in 1988, a former soldier of fortune and treasure hunter named Randy Widner invited Seagal, Goldman and another man to hunt for treasure off the coast of Barbados. At that time, Seagal had been telling Goldman that he’d been a U.S. Navy SEAL. Evidently this was one frogman who did not take well to water. As Goldman recalls, “Randy was driving [a Zodiac raft] in circles while Steven and I carried the gear out to him. The surf was unbelievable, really tough… He started screaming and panicking and was sure he was going to die and all that crap.” Goldman says Seagal had to be helped onto the vessel. “Wildner had to pull Seagal by his hair; I pushed his ass onto the boat with my shoulder.” Later that evening, Goldman says, he realized that Seagal could not read a compass or a map. (Seagal describes himself as “autistic with numbers.”) With that, Goldman says, he totally dismissed the notion that Seagal had ever been involved in any covert operations. In his letter to the Times reporter, Goldman wrote that Seagal “would surely die of starvation if he was given a compass and a map that led to a restaurant five miles away.”

This Goldman character clearly does not know and has never met Seagal...

he's never out of arm's reach of food

6/19/12 8:53 PM
MickColins
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This dude did two funny blogposts racking up SS's bullshit.
6/19/12 9:04 PM
Kings21

MickColins - <a href="http://theflyingguillotine.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/the-ridiculousness-of-steven-seagal-part-1/"> This dude did two funny blogposts racking up SS's bullshit.</a>

Brilliant stuff there.
6/19/12 9:30 PM
ChaosOverkill
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I must feel feared to get erections

-Seagal
6/19/12 10:20 PM
lookoutawhale
1035 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Phone Post

hahah awesome

was just listening to that song when i read that haha
6/19/12 10:22 PM
nhbfighterx

Seagal would die of a heart attack trying to punch his way out of a paper bag. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.