UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Better Striker?

6/19/12 7:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Poorsport22
780 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Admittedly I know little about Futbol history, having said that ......Was there ever a better striker than Steven Gerrard in his prime? Is this just an incredible video or did this guy have a donkey boot that shot rockets out of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0um8bdoRNc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
6/20/12 4:21 AM
Poorsport22
780 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really??? No one??? Surely theres an argument with video proof to be made for some Euro or Scandinavian no? This brit isnt the best ever is he? I know hes a sure fuck better than any American (I know not saying much). Phone Post
9/23/12 3:22 AM
UGCTT_snsheehan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's a midfielder, not a striker
1/11/13 11:17 PM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/13 11:17 PM
Stevie G aka Captain Fantastic, as sheehan mentioned, is a midfielder for Liverpool. If you're looking for prolific forwards, look no further than Lionel Messi, Zlatan Ibrahmovic, Robin Van Persie, Radamel Falcao, Edinson Cavani, and an upcoming Spaniard who plays for Celta Vigo named Iago Aspas. <br /><br />Yanks, within the past 10 years, have actually seen considerably more success abroad in foreign leagues. Have a butchers at the following: Clint Dempsey (Tottenham), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy/Everton/on hiatus currently), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Michael Bradley (AS Roma), Tim Howard (Everton), Brad Friedel (Tottenham), Claudio Reyna (Retired/Rangers/Man City/NY Red Bulls), Brian McBride (Everton/Fulham), Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers/Rennes/St. Etienne/Fulham/Racing Santander), Josh Gatt (FK Molde), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), and Danny Williams (Hoffenheim).
1/13/13 2:45 AM
Poorsport22

Thx for the names, im familiar with most. When I said striker I guess I miss spoke, i know hes not a forward, what I meant was ball striker. And how much of the movement, dips and hooks guys r getting on it now are due to changes in the ball, and how much is due to superior technical skill. Guys werent hitting it like that 20 yrs ago. Phone Post
1/15/13 11:15 PM
UGCTT_snsheehan

Beckham and Scholes were both by far better strikers of a ball that stebie G

heres some of scholes passing - there is too many goals to select just one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwMDfKXUNFY
1/16/13 1:42 AM
ALAR88

Scholes had some CRACKERS in his prime
1/31/13 5:28 PM
Baroquen Record
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronaldo 9 is the best striker ever.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.