UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> John Prisco:"UFC starting to show chinks in armor"

6/20/12 5:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bruceleesspirit
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XFC President John Prisco had some interesting things about the current state of MMA and where we are headed:

“I am happy with what’s happening in our industry. I really believe our industry is going to be around forever,” Prisco said. “I see other promotions coming up and making moves. I don’t think UFC can hold onto this and be the premiere promotion forever. I just don’t and I think you’re starting to see some chinks in the armor now.”

“You can’t do as many shows as they’re doing and have names on every card and I think that they’re coming to the realization that they’re not invincible and it’s going to be tough for them to maintain the market share that they’ve done. I can guarantee you, we’re going to keep growing, and as a result we’re going to pull from some of that. And you know what, that makes our industry a healthier industry.”

“It doesn’t work if its just one major promotion. It doesn’t work in anything guys. Burger King and McDonald’s wouldn’t be as good as they are if they weren’t challenged by competition. You’ve got to have competition to keep a healthy industry and we’re here to compete. We’re not here for second place. I don’t buy into that crap. At the end of the day, I want to be the biggest promotion.”

Read full article/interview

6/20/12 5:38 AM
time traveling 12er
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well... there's the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL for starters. All of which are sports and not hamburger joints. The next step is unions or CBA which XFC would be against since it would either legitimize the monopoly in exchange for more fighter control, or could price smaller organizations out of the business.
6/20/12 8:16 AM
aluminum_rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

....dude your analogy is super-flawed....everytime I go toMcD they piss me off with incompetence. They are so goddamn eager to get the next order that they cannot get the one they are working on right....

thats the kinda shit that felled the Roman empire.

You can only expand so far and then you cannot provide the infrastructure.

It's a reality many people do not grasp.

6/20/12 10:27 AM
Willin
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/20/12 10:57 AM
MDAlex
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interested in Probiotics?

6/20/12 11:03 AM
GrandInquisitor
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDAlex wins the "honorary OG'er award" for today.

legit lol.
6/20/12 11:14 AM
keylockarmbar

alex thats funny shit there
6/20/12 11:44 AM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban for racist thread title!!

6/20/12 12:00 PM
In Limbo
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDAlex -  

lol funny

ill just tell all the "chinks" not to buy that cum looking snake oil you call "pro-biotic" drink

6/20/12 12:57 PM
Porkchop

zedlepln - 

this. Jeremy Lin would boycott this thread.
6/20/12 1:09 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could UFC lose market share? Yes

Could UFC lose market share to anything airing on HDNet? No
6/20/12 1:14 PM
victorpoprock
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This sounds like a personal challenge to Dana. Looks like he may be adding another name to the tombstone in the future. Phone Post
6/20/12 1:19 PM
Elias Cepeda
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree...Burger King and McDonald's are so good.
6/20/12 1:22 PM
un3rgr0und

This guy has the right attitude but he's wrong, the UFC is like the major leagues, it's the NFL, its THE promotion.

Other wrestling organizations tried to rise up and take on the WWF/WWE but they ARE the promotion...just as the UFC is THE MMA top dog and will continue to be for a long long time
6/20/12 1:24 PM
MDAlex
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Limbo - 
MDAlex -  

lol funny

ill just tell all the "chinks" not to buy that cum looking snake oil you call "pro-biotic" drink

Sorry if I offended you. The thread title was begging for a pic to be posted and I gave in to temptation. Sometimes the OG spills over into the UG.

BioGIF is not a snake oil drink either. It is a probiotic powder that can be used to make a drink. It looks more like milk than anything though when mixed with water. It has currently had 2 case studies completed and will undergo 4 double blind test studies shortly as soon as the protocols have been completed.

If you are still angry please attack me and not my product. I realize my posts represent both the company and myself but I have no need for another screen name.

6/20/12 1:26 PM
Chris27

smoogy - Could UFC lose market share? Yes

This, the only org that could even take any market shares away from the UFC is Bellator.
6/20/12 1:31 PM
MDAlex

Chris27 - 
smoogy - Could UFC lose market share? Yes

This, the only org that could even take any market shares away from the UFC is Bellator.

I am interested in seeing what happens with Bellator after they start airing on Spike. Having Viacom money will help pull some of those big names away from the UFC but I think most up and comers will be interested in the UFC for name recognition.
6/20/12 1:32 PM
deadlysyn

Hmm a single promotion not holding on to the sport....guess NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, PGA, FIFA all couldn't hold on to the number one spot also.....
6/20/12 1:36 PM
markiz

“It doesn’t work if its just one major promotion. It doesn’t work in anything guys"

Seems to me it's exact opposite in pretty much all major sports round the globe - whether it's a private organization like UFC or regulating body like FIFA or smth.
It works that way because people want to see all the top dogs in one place.

The only major sport that negates this principle is boxing and look what a clusterfuck it is.

6/20/12 1:37 PM
RandyDarsh
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zedlepln -

Hahaha I pictures a Chinese person wearing armor, this thread did not disappoint Phone Post
6/20/12 1:44 PM
Loxly
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quit bringing up NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB as examples. those teams compete against each other. in the old days there was lifetime contracts, no free agency, salaries were private...that's when the leagues and teams were making a killing and not competing.

competition is crucial for innovation, competive salaries etc
6/20/12 1:56 PM
deadlysyn

1. UFC does recrute top fighter and if you don't think this is the case then you are a idot. Once and a while someone makes waves outside the UFC and guess what? They then sign with the UFC when their contract is up. 

2. Joe Silva runs the show on getting talent in there. The guy is a machine when it comes to knowing the fighters and fight game. The mistake that all these other promotions and promotors make is they look only at Dana and the UFC, they underestimate how good Joe is and how much he runs things. I have first hand experience with see how Joe works and no one knows fighters in and outside of the UFC as well as him. He's "The Best" at his job. 

3. A lot of fighters in Bellator don't like Bellator. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the promotion from fighters that fight in it. I've had 2 friends that known fighters who fought in the promotion and said it sucks. And I've heard the same from other guys. Believe it or not they have major money issues and are barely keeping afloat. Um if it was such a good promotion they stop start wouldn't have thought of leave and guys what, they did. 
6/20/12 1:56 PM
deadlysyn

Edited: 06/20/12 5:47 PM
1. UFC does recrute top fighter and if you don't think this is the case then you are a idot. Once and a while someone makes waves outside the UFC and guess what? They then sign with the UFC when their contract is up. 

2. Joe Silva runs the show on getting talent in there. The guy is a machine when it comes to knowing the fighters and fight game. The mistake that all these other promotions and promotors make is they look only at Dana and the UFC, they underestimate how good Joe is and how much he runs things. I have first hand experience with see how Joe works and no one knows fighters in and outside of the UFC as well as him. He's "The Best" at his job. 

3. A lot of fighters in Bellator don't like Bellator. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the promotion from fighters that fight in it. I've had 2 friends that are known fighters who fought in the promotion and said it sucks. And I've heard the same from other guys. Believe it or not they have major money issues and are barely keeping afloat. Um if it was such a good promotion they stop start wouldn't have thought of leave and guys what, they did. 

6/20/12 2:02 PM
markiz

Loxly - quit bringing up NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB as examples. those teams <b>compete</b> against each other. in the old days there was lifetime contracts, no free agency, salaries were private...that's when the leagues and teams were making a killing and not <b>competing.</b>

competition is crucial for innovation, competive salaries etc

Whether it's a team sport or not it's irrelevant.
Besides what possible innovations you can make in basketball for instance? There isn't much benefit from a fan point of view in a sport like that from two high profile organizations competing with each other.

Teams, players, fighters, drivers yea sure. But not organizations.
Imagine tennis having two paralell tours like ATP, or direct competitor to Formula 1 or two bodies regulating soccer like FIFA, with each of them holding their own World Cup - it would be shit.

Same in MMA we want to see the best guys going at it all the time and because of that UFC has to be a top dog.

Anyway I don't know what kind of "cracks" this guy sees, because as far as I remember there were times (not too long ago) when UFC had real direct competition (Pride, Afflictio, SF) they won and now realistically speaking they don't. The longer they stay on top, the harder it will be to knock them off, so I can't imagine how this guy wants to compete with them :D
6/20/12 2:11 PM
In Limbo
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDAlex - 
In Limbo - 
MDAlex -  

lol funny

Sorry if I offended you. The thread title was begging for a pic to be posted and I gave in to temptation. Sometimes the OG spills over into the UG.

BioGIF is not a snake oil drink either. It is a probiotic powder that can be used to make a drink. It looks more like milk than anything though when mixed with water. It has currently had 2 case studies completed and will undergo 4 double blind test studies shortly as soon as the protocols have been completed.

If you are still angry please attack me and not my product. I realize my posts represent both the company and myself but I have no need for another screen name.

it's cool man i was joking too and the first thing i saw was a person drinking a glass of white stuff lol

i was going to make a similar post but you beat me to it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.