UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva vs. Franklin

6/24/12 12:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jaybrone
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i_shogun_ruas -  Fight shoulda been stopped in the 2nd when wand was pounding on rich Phone Post

It was close to being stopped but Rich was always in it and defending himself.
6/24/12 12:56 AM
eyeMDaMan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva should have gotten it for sentimental reasons if nothing else. i seriously thought it was gonna be stopped in the 3rd(or was it the 2nd?). oh well....

....DON'T CUT THE MAN YET DANA!!!!!!!

...at LEAST sign Sakuraba for a 4th fight!!!! THAT would be cool!!! HOW did that BORING lay n pray BJJ fighter whats-his-face(got slammed/headbutted into oblivion by rampage) mess up the Gracie-Hunter's face like that i'll never understand.
maybe i need to watch the fight.

anyhooz....SILVA BY UNANIMOUS DECISION DAMMIT!!!! IT IS BRAZIL FOR FIGNEWTONS SAKE!!!!

6/24/12 12:57 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 
i_shogun_ruas -  Fight shoulda been stopped in the 2nd when wand was pounding on rich Phone Post

It was close to being stopped but Rich was always in it and defending himself.

I think that was the key. Rich was always moving, spun for an armbar at one point, and was always scrambling.

It was close to being stopped though, Rich warriored through it
6/24/12 12:57 AM
stack321style
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love to watch the old guys fight, they don't make em that way anymore
6/24/12 12:58 AM
stack321style
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FOTN: Silva/Franklin
KOTN: Marcus Vinicius
SOTN: Rodrigo Damm

65K for each
Greenup
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
bartatua
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there were some truly amazing moments in that fight
CaptainWoody
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I give Wand the second but it wasn't 10-8 as Rich was winning 3/4 of that round too
6/24/12 1:00 AM
radiobaby
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had it 49-46, no complaints here.
6/24/12 1:00 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/24/12 1:00 AM
CaptainWoody - I give Wand the second but it wasn't 10-8 as Rich was winning 3/4 of that round too

Which is exactly what all three judges did, and the correct way to score that round

Wand won the 2nd round 10-9, Rich won every other round.
6/24/12 1:01 AM
Endowedwelter
598 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was kinda anticipating a retirement speech the Wand, probably won't fight at home again. Phone Post
6/24/12 1:02 AM
Chimonos Revenge

Endowedwelter - I was kinda anticipating a retirement speech the Wand, probably won't fight at home again. Phone Post

Theyll be back in Brazil, no reason to think they wouldnt put Wand on that card as well
6/24/12 1:02 AM
UGCTT_Zaph
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greenup - 
UGCTT_Zaph -  *sigh* I wish the fight had been stopped in round 2.

Good job, Rich.

WAR Wand, always.
Obvious it shouldn't have been if rich was still able to fight to a victory Phone Post

I never said it should have been stopped.  I just said I wish it had been.
6/24/12 1:07 AM
CavemanDave
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight was scored perfectly.

Wand's chance clearly wasn't the cards.  He almost pulled it off.  His ability to punch and near-finish in the second made it a very close fight, but that doesn't mean the scorecards should have been close at the end...Rich was picking him apart.

I have to give it to Silva...he nearly finished and he took a fucking beating during that fight and never wobbled except at the very end.
Greenup
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Zaph -
Greenup - 
UGCTT_Zaph -  *sigh* I wish the fight had been stopped in round 2.

Good job, Rich.

WAR Wand, always.
Obvious it shouldn't have been if rich was still able to fight to a victory Phone Post

I never said it should have been stopped.  I just said I wish it had been.
My bad sorry Phone Post
Chimonos Revenge

duckhuntgangsta - 
Illidan - Rich did it - got the Brazilian fan's respect :) Phone Post
The only time I've ever seen any hate toward Rich is when people are trying to tear down Anderson Silva's achievements. That says something. Phone Post

People used to trash him all the time, saying the UFC protected him, that they fired Lindland to protect Rich, and all other kinds of garbage.

Look at Rich's opponent history, and try to say the UFC has "protected him". His opponent history is a list of killers.
6/24/12 1:10 AM
jasonhightower
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CavemanDave -  The fight was scored perfectly.

Wand's chance clearly wasn't the cards.  He almost pulled it off.  His ability to punch and near-finish in the second made it a very close fight, but that doesn't mean the scorecards should have been close at the end...Rich was picking him apart.

I have to give it to Silva...he nearly finished and he took a fucking beating during that fight and never wobbled except at the very end.
Yes it was.

6/24/12 1:14 AM
Greenup

Phone Post
6/24/12 1:19 AM
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut - LOL!

Fucking bullshit again....seriously..fuck MMA!
? Phone Post
6/24/12 1:20 AM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wandy spent himself. Little excuse for that, unfortunately.
6/24/12 1:21 AM
lormpino
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who won? Phone Post
6/24/12 1:26 AM
UGCTT_Zaph
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lormpino -  Who won? Phone Post

The fans.
6/24/12 1:59 AM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Zaph - 

The fans.
The fans won by watching Rich jab Wanderlei for 23 out of 25 minutes?

6/24/12 2:08 AM
lormpino
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Zaph -

The fans.
Cool Phone Post
6/24/12 2:48 AM
Boofhead3
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Franklin is honestly the most humblest bloke! One final title run ace! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.