UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Florian fought Guida & Maynard, likes The Bully

6/22/12 10:52 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Tonight at UFC on FX 4 in Atlantic City, NJ, Clay "The Carpenter" Guida fights Gray "The Bully" Maynard in the headliner. Kenny Florian fought them both, beating Guida via RNC in 2009, and dropping a unanimous decision to Maynard in 2010. In his most expert opinion, Maynard is the favorite.

"I think there's pressure on (Guida) in this fight," Florian told MMAjunkie.com. "This is a huge fight for him."

"He's got to go for it and just keep a ridiculous pace right from the beginning and see if he can drag this fight into the later rounds – the third, fourth and fifth, where we know that Clay seems to get stronger as the fight goes on."

"For Clay, he has the ability to really elevate his status with a win. For Gray, for him to lose to Clay Guida would be very bad. It would drop him bad tremendously because as far as I'm concerned, Gray is still one of the top lightweights."

"I wouldn't be surprised if [Maynard] has a more varied attack. I think that's where he has always struggled. He was always kind of a boxer, a one-trick pony with his combinations. Now, not only will he bring his wrestling in there, I think he will bring in a more varied attack as far as his striking prowess. I think its going to be an expanded arsenal. I think that's going to be the difference."

"Whoever controls the wrestling is going to win the fight. When it comes down to the wrestling ... it starts with the wrestling, and it ends with the striking."

"I've never seen Clay in a fight where he's not giving 100 percent. "He's training like a mad man, and he realizes this is a big fight for him. I think there is more to gain for Clay than there is for Gray. This is a risky fight for Gray Maynard."

Read entire article...

6/22/12 11:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Atomac
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree 100% with everything Ben Stiller just said.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.