UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rick Story thinks he's on the choping block

6/22/12 11:52 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

This time last year Rick Story had won six straight in the Octagon, including back-to-back wins over Johny Hendricks and Thiago Alves. Then he lost a short-notice bout to Charlie Brenneman and a tough 15-minute decision to Martin Kampmann.

He’ll look to stop his skid Friday, when he takes on Brock Jardine at UFC on FX 4.

“I mean obviously, yeah, it feels like I’m on the chopping block,” Story told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “But I felt that way in my last fight. Anytime I go into a fight, I want to win. When I lose, I’m probably the one that beats myself up the most. It just motivates me more to work hard in my next training camp, but I can’t sit on the past. I’ve just got to let that motivate me to do better in the future. That’s what I’ve done so far. I’m looking forward to this fight to get me going in the right direction again and come out with a win.”

“I’ll fight anyone. I don’t really care. I’m just thankful that I had three weeks to prepare for this one.”

“I imagine the footage that’s out there (on Brock Jardine) is some of the best stuff that he has. Otherwise it probably wouldn’t be on there, but yeah, just on YouTube is really the only thing I can find. I sat and watched it and kind of got a glimpse of some of his highlights and some of his best stuff that he has.”

“I trust my manager. He knows my style and he knows exactly what I’m doing. I trust him. He knows the opponent changes and if it would be good or not. He does his research. If it didn’t really seem like it would fit, he wouldn’t take it. I have all the confidence in the world in my manager and I have confidence in myself.”

“In my opinion, Attonito seemed like he was the toughest choice, but it doesn’t matter because nothing’s going to change. I’m sticking to my game plan and imposing my will rather than reacting to what everyone else is doing.”

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview... (1:26:15 mark)

6/22/12 11:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's a choping block?
6/22/12 12:05 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He refrained from a q and a on the ug. Hmmmmmmmmmm
6/22/12 12:16 PM
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he goes back to his old ferocious style, he won't get cut (win or lose). When he was blasting people to the body, and throwing power, that's what people want to see from Rick.
6/22/12 12:17 PM
siouxNYC
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -  What's a choping block?

dude, i will chope your head off.
6/22/12 12:18 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He just may be.

3 losses in a row usually gets you cut unless you are Dan Hardy.
6/22/12 1:01 PM
xsrg95
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nah even if he loses i don't see him being cut
6/22/12 3:30 PM
Chiron
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Story, I just hope he doesn't try to carebear to a win since he's close to losing 3 in a row. He did have about half the fight with Alves where he did somewhat of a wall and stall strategy but beyond that he's been scrappy in most of his fights.

If he brings it like he can I don't think he should get cut, win or lose, in this fight. When you've got wins over guys like Hendricks and Alves and one of your losses was a dryhump session and the other was a close fight to a guy like Kampmann, that's still better than almost all non-top 10 WW's would do.
6/22/12 3:32 PM
studiocamp
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he lives on Chopin's block?

BTW, it sucks Rick is an American. If he was a foreigner he'd have excellent job security.
6/22/12 3:50 PM
SysAdminOfSpreadSheets
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimonos Revenge - He just may be.

3 losses in a row usually gets you cut unless you are Dan Hardy.
Steve Cantwell lost 5 in a row Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.