UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> UNREAL PERFORMANCE

6/23/12 3:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cross posted this on the og as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEW1aa6XQ4c

please embed

here's the other thread:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=2017603&page=1&pc=11
6/23/12 5:36 PM
Ali
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's your guy, Eli. Sounds really good. Is that you? A friend of yours? He's playing along with a recording (of one my favorite contemporary jazz artists, actually) -- of this (the original):

6/26/12 3:19 AM
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

friend of a friend.
6/26/12 3:19 AM
demandango

i went to see potter in nyc last year actually.
6/26/12 8:18 AM
jman
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A friend I used to work with said he was going to do a guitar transcription of one of Potter's solos and post it on YouTube...he hasn't done it yet. Transcribed it I think, but hasn't created a video...I'll bug him and see where he's at.

It's so humbling trying to "play" jazz, when you're not really a jazz guy...well I guess it's fun to try and push yourself.
6/26/12 6:11 PM
demandango

Btw Ali long time no see, how long have you been back posting? Phone Post
6/26/12 9:59 PM
Ali
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi demandango -- some months, I'm not sure. Thanks for noticing! There isn't a ton of activity, but there have been some good threads. I could probably figure out how long I've been posting by going back to my first post on Hugo's Nels Cline thread.... but I'm too lazy to research!

I sort of hoping Eli was you, so I could tell you how awesome you sound! I hope he gets the breaks he needs in that business, 'cause he sounds serious. And he likes the right people, judging by the choice of Chris Potter. Thanks for sharing.

Did you see the Chris Potter band with Wayne Krantz? And what venue? I'm from there -- though haven't been back there in something like 10 years. I loved the music scene there when I lived there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.