UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> BREW DAY!!!

6/23/12 10:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fnunderful
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I brewed a Dunkelweizen today. I am not normally a Weizen drinker but I had more than a couple dunkelweizens at the Oktoberfest in Munich last year and promised myself to brew one when i got home. It must have made me much taller and more handsome than i am because german chicks were all about it! Any other beer enthusiasts on the HG? Whatchu drankin?
6/23/12 11:11 PM
MOB U2
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kona Brewery beers. Usually FireRock or if can Koko Brown. Longboards are ok.
DeadGuy Rogue if possible, that Morimoto Hazelnut is delicious.
Chimay is great.
Flying Dog's, esp. the IPA one (I forgot the name) if I'm at WholeFoods.

I love IPA's above all beer varieties.

If I have little choices at a bar, it will either be a Guinness or a Japanese beer. I don't understand the taste of regular mainstay American beers. Grain used to make Coors should be used to feed child soldiers in Africa!
6/23/12 11:16 PM
MOB U2
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I am in the mainland Fat Tire is what I seek, aside from searching for other brand that make IPA's.

Btw, ask junon, Honolii and some of the other guys here they are real beer fanatics. I'm not a true connoisseur like those guys. I gave away my beer kit last year and dumped my EZ-Cap beer bottle for brewing away b/c rats and stuff made them filthy b/c I had old reside of brews in them. My friends were very angry with me b/c those things were really expensive. I didn't want to bother autoclaving that shit hahaha.

Btw, those roaches I found the bottles were the largest roaches I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!

No joke. HUGE!
6/23/12 11:18 PM
MOB U2

Btw, I have never tried Dunkelweizens, German beers or whatnot. Most of what I tasted are Oregon, Wisconsin type brewery stuff. Where would you recommend I try this stuff aside from your home brewery?
6/23/12 11:27 PM
fnunderful
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the Kona beers as well. The Wheat beer they offer is not my favorite and they sell it in the bottle. Their IPA is awesome and I don't know why they don't offer it in the bottle. I'm not in Hawaii Kai enough to stop at the restaurant to get it. Maui Brewing Co has a good IPA, Big Swell. The coconut porter is pretty damn tasty as well.
Lots of good belgian beer, chimay has three great flavors. Lambecs are always interesting!
I'm like IPAs but i'm a Pilsner/lager guy. Best Pilsner i've ever had was Weltenburger Pils from the Weltenburger Kloster. I've never been able to reproduce it...but i won't stop trying!
6/23/12 11:32 PM
fnunderful

MOB U2 - Btw, I have never tried Dunkelweizens, German beers or whatnot. Most of what I tasted are Oregon, Wisconsin type brewery stuff. Where would you recommend I try this stuff aside from your home brewery?

Yardhouse has the largest selections for sure but stay away from the bitburger stuff, you can get that at any grocery store. There is a small shop in Ward Warehouse that has a bunch of good imports. Tamura's next to Boston's Pizza in Pearl ridge has some good stuff as well.
6/24/12 1:05 AM
JIMMYNAKS
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see this post going Mega after the beer guys see it.
I look forward to trying your brew. It will be my first home made beer.

Very excite! Phone Post
6/24/12 1:16 AM
fnunderful

Nothing better than Home Brew....except german beer which is all pretty much home brew! Always fresh, Always delicious! Four ingredients only Water, Grain, Hops and Yeast!
6/24/12 2:36 AM
fnunderful

KC, i've got 2.5 gallons reserved for one party and 2.5 gallons for me, you, jimmy and SGT, perhaps a bottle of Redbreast and a couple of dancers and we shall have a party!
6/24/12 3:39 AM
FCTV808
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHERE'S TFP!
6/24/12 1:08 PM
fnunderful

pics come after the party...right now the beer is in a bucket in the primary brew state...doesn't look very good...
If you are referring to my trip to germany last year, all evidence has been destroyed. The only remaining bit of evidence is the instant hard on i get when i think about those two weeks....EYE POPPY!
6/24/12 1:16 PM
FCTV808
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wanna see the beer!
6/24/12 1:18 PM
fnunderful

I'll take pics when i move it to the secondary...no nasty trub and a prettier container...
7/26/12 5:13 AM
fnunderful

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9606503/IMAG0205.jpg

It has been a month and my brew is ready! It is a Dunkelweizen inspired by my trip to the Oktoberfest last year! I will name her Angels Bite! My friends, she is delicious!
7/26/12 5:34 AM
FCTV808

fnunderful - 

It has been a month and my brew is ready! It is a Dunkelweizen inspired by my trip to the Oktoberfest last year! I will name her Angels Bite! My friends, she is delicious!
7/26/12 5:34 AM
FCTV808

it looks good man!
7/26/12 5:39 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOLY HELL! DAS SOME HEAD!
7/26/12 5:58 AM
fnunderful

FCTV808 - it looks good man!

It is!!! Just 4.875 gallons left! (lesson learned...I need to shrink my pictures before posting...)
7/26/12 5:59 AM
fnunderful

Sgt. Slaphead - HOLY HELL! DAS SOME HEAD!

This works on more than one level if you know it or not...ahhhh the Oktoberfest...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.