UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Franklin reflects on UFC 147 win

6/24/12 11:53 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

6/24/12 12:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bigbenpie
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Class act Phone Post
6/24/12 12:26 PM
sevit86
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

never really was a fan. until this interview.

great fight.
6/24/12 12:31 PM
UGCTT_ChubbyFunster
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very classy, extremely tough guy. Even if Rich doesn't have the form to make another title run, the sport is richer for him being a part of it. Ditto that for Wanderlei.
6/24/12 12:37 PM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta love Franklin.

Intelligent, eloquent, humble, respectful, and most importantly comes to fight.

I was excited for this fight because of who was fighting, but it was bitter sweet because I like both of these guys as Fighters and people so much.

It tuned out well though I think.

Even though Wand lost, he didn't get knocked out, came out of the fight generally healthy, and looked pretty good in there.

Congrats to Rich. Excited to see who they match him up with next. Phone Post
6/24/12 1:32 PM
Authority Figure

For a long time this guy was it for me. He epitomizes everything I believe sportsmanship, honor and athleticism should be about.

I'm a serious Anderson Silva fan, but it was very difficult to watch my favorite fighter get beaten and to see how it changed him, in my mind, forever.

But fights & interviews like this make me feel good. I just as impressed by his character as I am by his fighting.
6/24/12 1:41 PM
Senseandrew
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SMS89 - Gotta love Franklin.

Intelligent, eloquent, humble, respectful, and most importantly comes to fight.

I was excited for this fight because of who was fighting, but it was bitter sweet because I like both of these guys as Fighters and people so much.

It tuned out well though I think.

Even though Wand lost, he didn't get knocked out, came out of the fight generally healthy, and looked pretty good in there.

Congrats to Rich. Excited to see who they match him up with next. Phone Post
Great post. Agree. Phone Post
6/24/12 1:46 PM
KneebarKing

Both guys are just great. The vid where they meet on the elevator was awesome too. Phone Post
6/24/12 4:41 PM
Mike Ox Sofa King Thai Knee

He looked really good, i say match him up hector lombard or brian stann maybe, bisbing would be a good match ..awesome fight and a class act in both guys. War ace!
6/24/12 6:56 PM
glassjaw

Franklin is one of those hard working guys that win you over slow but surely. He is a legend.
6/25/12 9:47 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can you not be a Rich Franklin fan?

Or a Wanderlei fan?

Two of the greatest guys in the sport.
6/25/12 10:52 AM
stonepony

They cheered when Rich won. Who expected that? Maybe Chael wouldn't get murdered in Brazil after all? I wouldn't recommend he run in to the crowd like Aldo, but, they probably wouldn't charge the cage and murder him. Probably.
6/25/12 11:02 AM
UGCTT_thebroonies
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimonos Revenge - How can you not be a Rich Franklin fan?

Or a Wanderlei fan?

Two of the greatest guys in the sport.
Agreed, I'm a newbie to the sport and I'm embarrassed to say when I first started watching I wasn't a fan of either guy.  It was only because I knew nothing about them and tbh they just looked old.  Fast forward a couple of years and my perception has changed completely.  Two warriors who bring it everytime they enter the cage.  My only regret is I wish I started watching years ago.

6/25/12 11:07 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

future hall of famer. One of the best ever
6/25/12 11:15 AM
Jaybrone
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To not be a fan of Rich is impossible if you know anything about him. He is a hard working intelligent guy who lays it all on the line every time. He has faced so many former or current champs in two diff weight classes he is a legend. I hope to see him make a run to at least get a title fight win or lose it'd be fun to see. Phone Post
6/25/12 12:43 PM
pm1964
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As already said, Franklin is the epitome of a true sportsman and gentleman. I've always been a fan. And of course, how can you not like Silva as well, another class act.
6/25/12 1:17 PM
stobe
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We need more Franklin's and less Sonnen's.
6/25/12 1:23 PM
ausgepicht

The ONLY bad thing about this fight was that one of them had to officially lose. If you don't like both fighters, you don't deserve to breathe.
6/25/12 10:39 PM
goldenboyart

Authority Figure - For a long time this guy was it for me. He epitomizes everything I believe sportsmanship, honor and athleticism should be about.

I'm a serious Anderson Silva fan, but it was very difficult to watch my favorite fighter get beaten and to see how it changed him, in my mind, forever.

But fights & interviews like this make me feel good. I just as impressed by his character as I am by his fighting.

Hey don't be so negative brother. You say it's changed him forever. Unless you have a crystal ball you can't say this. Rich is a good guy and ahard working guy too. I think he still has a few tricks up his sleave and I would NEVER count him out much less say something has changed him Forever, when forever hasn't gotten here yet.

Have hope brother. :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.