UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Good fantasy series (books)?

1/31/13 9:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
waxwing slain
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ClayPackedB17'sFudge -

Wow, shit is going down up in Capustan!  

Gruntle is the man.

I cant wait to find out what happens with Toc.

That's my favorite part of the series. Phone Post
2/1/13 3:19 PM
Machine250
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just read straight through the all 9 volumes of the Drenai saga. Really is some good heroic fantasy. Some plot devices get repetitive, and some of the characters can be interchangable from book to book, but good stuff none the less. Druss owns all.
2/1/13 4:19 PM
6ULDV8
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT.  This is a cool thread.

2/8/13 9:39 PM
invalid
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just finished Reaper's Gale.

Oh man, some heavy stuff in that one.

It's also nice that some of mysteries in the plot are starting to come together
2/8/13 9:42 PM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just picked up "the blade itself" and plan to start it tomorrow...hope it can hold my interest after a song of ice and fire
2/8/13 9:47 PM
invalid
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B17 - 

just passed the part where Rake wishes to "scare them (the Tenescowri) senseless, personally"

yipeee!

There is a whole chapter coming up where it's just him brushing his hair in his tent.

then he goes into his Soultaken form and is all mad because it messes it up.

Everybody just laughs and laughs...
2/8/13 10:04 PM
Keep if professional

turducken - i just picked up "the blade itself" and plan to start it tomorrow...hope it can hold my interest after a song of ice and fire

The Blade Itself was fucking awesome. I couldn't finish a song of ice and fire because of the writing.
2/9/13 2:07 AM
Aussie Gumby

invalid - Apparently Gentlemen Bastard has been optioned into a movie
Lynch said the option has lapsed...

And I wish that fuckwit would get off his butt and publish the next book already! Phone Post
2/9/13 2:27 AM
ICantReid

gotya - 
MushroomHead - I haven't gotten to Red Country yet. I've heard Ninefingers is in it, and Cosca too. What other recurring characters are there? Phone Post
Nine fingers isn't in it just a reference 2 him coaca is though jezal makes small appearance as well as the wizard with the different color eyes Phone Post

I hope you're not serious when you say the bloody nine isn't in it.  You apparently missed a big part of the book, since he's one of the main characters.  Lamb...

2/9/13 7:03 AM
bonersaurus
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep if professional -
turducken - i just picked up "the blade itself" and plan to start it tomorrow...hope it can hold my interest after a song of ice and fire

The Blade Itself was fucking awesome. I couldn't finish a song of ice and fire because of the writing.
I just finished the 2nd book in the trilogy and it's even better. Starting the final book next. Phone Post
2/9/13 10:44 AM
invalid

Aussie Gumby - 
invalid - Apparently Gentlemen Bastard has been optioned into a movie
Lynch said the option has lapsed...

And I wish that fuckwit would get off his butt and publish the next book already! Phone Post

So what is the deal with this guy? He is a couple years over due for the third book, movie rights to the series sold with him contracted to co-write the screenplay, which somehow lapses.

So instead of writing a book he starts a blog where he will slowly publish chapters, which he doesn't even come close to finishing...

and now the publishing company has a release date for the third book for later this year?
2/9/13 8:40 PM
Boondock
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Almost done with the final Wheel of Time book, "A Memory of Light."

Sanderson has breathed fresh air into the series and is sewing it up nicely... Yet violently.

I am VERY ready for him to put out his follow up to "Way of Kings".... Which was a GREAT read. Supposed to be a 10 book saga. Phone Post
2/9/13 9:21 PM
ICantReid

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the lightbringer series by Brent Weeks is very good.  Interesting and unique magic system.  His first trilogy was pretty good too, but I like the first two books of lightbringer better.

2/13/13 7:32 PM
jakeklipp
580 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

finishing the black company series.  very nice.

2/13/13 8:13 PM
invalid

B17 -  Memories of Ice

What an amazing book Phone Post

Man, I have to say that his books get each time. It would be easy to say it's because you become more invested in the characters, but he almost endlessly adds new people and stories. But he does hit his stride with his style and you get used to his unique vagueness.

Now on book 8 I can see why people read the series multiple times. I am picking up some connections that aren't exactly spelled out for you and know that I'm missing even more.

I can't wait to see how this all ends.
2/13/13 9:12 PM
Mihow
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Company was gorey and great!

Starting Reaper's Gate now for Malazan
2/13/13 9:19 PM
johnnypayne
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just found 2 "Malazan..." hardbacks in a local charity shop, now I'll have to grab the rest and read it, after I finish the complete works of Alistair Maclean.
2/13/13 9:19 PM
invalid

Black Company is absolutely on my list.

I really want to read the Gentlemen Bastard books now that the 3rd book is officially coming out this year

There's too much!
2/14/13 12:11 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone picked up 'Daylight War' by Peter Brett?

I'm still reading Red Country at the moment but will be getting on daylight war asap after.

2/14/13 1:17 PM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Jay Edz - 

I'm still reading Red Country at the moment but will be getting on daylight war asap after.

I was going to, then I read the reviews on Amazon. Will be skipping or waiting for major price drop. I did not realize this isn't the concluding book, it's actually planned for five.
2/15/13 6:59 AM
Skeletor68
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

waxwing slain - 
ClayPackedB17'sFudge -

Wow, shit is going down up in Capustan!  

Gruntle is the man.

I cant wait to find out what happens with Toc.

That's my favorite part of the series. Phone Post

Toc's journey is fuckin brutal man!

2/15/13 6:59 AM
Skeletor68
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, my little brother just started Gardens. Oh, the delights that await!

2/16/13 4:12 AM
Anthony
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Jay Edz - 

I finished it the other day. It's longer than the other books, and really builds the characters associated with the two Deliverers. What sucks the most about it, is we have to wait another 2 years or so before the next one.
2/16/13 10:47 PM
Machine250
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Jay Edz - 

Picked it up yesterday.  So far, meh......really really meh.......

2/17/13 12:39 AM
invalid

"You can never have too many knives."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.