UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Daley details split with Strikeforce

6/25/12 9:22 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"(We were) just trying to get me a fight date while I was over at Strikeforce, and nothing was really coming back," Daley (29-12-2 MMA, 0-0 BFC) told MMAjunkie.com Radio.  "They (Zuffa) had nothing really planned out for me, so me and my management approached them and said, 'Look, if you've got nothing planned out for me, if you don't see some clear fights in the future for me, then I'd appreciate it if you let me go.'

"And they understood that. It was amicable. And they let me go."

Bellator Fighting Championships and CEO Bjorn Rebney wasted little time in securing the services of Daley, who inked a multi-fight contract.

"Bjorn's a very passionate guy about MMA, and I can see where he wants to go with this sport," Daley said. "I'm just happy he offered me the chance to be a part of it."

Daley, who has fought for more than 15 different promotions since his professional career began in 2003, knows a good opportunity when he sees it.

"I've been looking at Bellator while I've been with other promotions," he said. "I've been looking at the way they've been developing, and obviously with the Viacom acquisition, you can only expect more from the promotion."

read entire article...

6/25/12 9:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bootsy Collins
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems reasonable
6/25/12 10:08 AM
Shatcore
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breaking news: one dimensional fighter details what everyone already assumed happened in a already uninteresting news story.
6/25/12 10:22 AM
Hikikomori
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for Paul. Daley is one of the most exciting fighters to watch. If he dedicates himself to learning how to box and continues his wrestling journey he'd be a solid threat. Pauls got to learn how to defend a simple jab. Phone Post
6/25/12 10:24 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori - Good for Paul. Daley is one of the most exciting fighters to watch. If he dedicates himself to learning how to box and continues his wrestling journey he'd be a solid threat. Pauls got to learn how to defend a simple jab. Phone Post

He also has to learn to be a professional, something he just can't seem to grasp so far in his career, whether its punching people after the bell, mouthing off to his bosses, or missing weight.
6/25/12 10:26 AM
GroundStPound

Fair play, good luck for Semtex in BFC. Phone Post
6/25/12 10:54 AM
RandyDarsh
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shatcore - Breaking news: one dimensional fighter details what everyone already assumed happened in a already uninteresting news story.
Speak for yourself ya salty fella Phone Post
6/25/12 11:30 AM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shatcore - Breaking news: one dimensional fighter details what everyone already assumed happened in a already uninteresting news story.

Pillock
6/25/12 11:36 AM
Acidic

Daley is no longer one dimensional. Hes improved his wrestling to a point he can avoid almost anyone TDs. One dimensional is someone who relies on aspect to defend and attack. Daley relies on his striking for offence and avoid being tooken down with his TDD. If hes one dimensional then so is JDS
6/25/12 12:24 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acidic -  Daley is no longer one dimensional. Hes improved his wrestling to a point he can avoid almost anyone TDs. One dimensional is someone who relies on aspect to defend and attack. Daley relies on his striking for offence and avoid being tooken down with his TDD. If hes one dimensional then so is JDS

Well, at least he isnt being "tooken down"

I think youre buyest.
6/25/12 12:32 PM
Chimonos Revenge

Edited: 06/25/12 12:34 PM
Acidic -  Daley is no longer one dimensional. Hes improved his wrestling to a point he can avoid almost anyone TDs. One dimensional is someone who relies on aspect to defend and attack. Daley relies on his striking for offence and avoid being tooken down with his TDD. If hes one dimensional then so is JDS

Also, JDS has never displayed a complete helplessness to one aspect of MMA like Daley has.

Daley had all he could handle keeping Jorge Masvidal (a lightweight) from taking him down, and was completely helpless against Woodley and Koscheck.

Wrestlers have beaten Daley consistently througtout his entire career.

Comparing JDS to that is an absurd notion.
6/25/12 12:32 PM
UGCTT_Listen to Rush
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimonos Revenge -

Well, at least he isnt being "tooken down"

I think youre buyest.
Lol this Phone Post
6/25/12 12:37 PM
random_perv

Shatcore - Breaking news: one dimensional fighter details what everyone already assumed happened in a already uninteresting news story.
But you took the time to post. Phone Post
6/25/12 12:44 PM
Acidic

Dont think you get what im trying to say. Youre nit picking it into detail when what i stated was pretty broad. Daley is like a Cro Cop and JDS. A striker with defencive wrestling. Simple as that. His wrestling is improving im not saying its at that level yet but obviously someone like Kos and Woodley who have wrestled all there life are going to take him down. In the Woodley fight last year you saw improvements in his wrestling. Did you mis his fight with Radev who is a wrestler? a lot more relevant then masvidal from 2 years ago
6/25/12 12:50 PM
Chimonos Revenge

Acidic -  Dont think you get what im trying to say. Youre nit picking it into detail when what i stated was pretty broad. Daley is like a Cro Cop and JDS. A striker with defencive wrestling. Simple as that. His wrestling is improving im not saying its at that level yet but obviously someone like Kos and Woodley who have wrestled all there life are going to take him down. In the Woodley fight last year you saw improvements in his wrestling. Did you mis his fight with Radev who is a wrestler? a lot more relevant then masvidal from 2 years ago

Yes, he has improved his wrestling over the years.

My contention with your post is the comparison to JDS who has never showed a glaring weakness in any aspect of MMA during his career. JDS trains with the Nogs, you know his ground game is going to be solid.

There are differences between fighters who are good everywhere but prefer to keep the fight in the one aspect that they choose (JDS, Chuck, Anderson even)

And fighters that are one dimensional because they dont have ability in the other dimensions (Daley, Houston Alexander, Kimbo, etc)
6/25/12 12:56 PM
Shatcore

Chimonos Revenge-
There are differences between fighters who are good everywhere but prefer to keep the fight in the one aspect that they choose (JDS, Chuck, Anderson even)

And fighters that are one dimensional because they dont have ability in the other dimensions (Daley, Houston Alexander, Kimbo, etc)

This.

6/25/12 4:59 PM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimonos Revenge - 
Acidic -  Dont think you get what im trying to say. Youre nit picking it into detail when what i stated was pretty broad. Daley is like a Cro Cop and JDS. A striker with defencive wrestling. Simple as that. His wrestling is improving im not saying its at that level yet but obviously someone like Kos and Woodley who have wrestled all there life are going to take him down. In the Woodley fight last year you saw improvements in his wrestling. Did you mis his fight with Radev who is a wrestler? a lot more relevant then masvidal from 2 years ago

Yes, he has improved his wrestling over the years.

My contention with your post is the comparison to JDS who has never showed a glaring weakness in any aspect of MMA during his career. JDS trains with the Nogs, you know his ground game is going to be solid.

Are you seriously putting Daley in the same category as Kimbo? Come on now, he has Kenny Johnson live with him for weeks on end for his training camps, it's not like he's not trying.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.