UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> PC broken

6/25/12 12:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys.

First of all, my pc has been crashing then blue screening lately while watching videos. I think it's a video driver issue, but I just dealt with it.
Today, my pc crashed, but when it restarted, nothing appeared on the monitor. I tried the reset button, didn't work.
Held down power and shut it down. When I try and restart it, it turns on, lights come on, internal and processor fan both start, but no beeps and monitor remains blank.

I assume my motherboard is screwed? I know when your graphics or ram are the problem, there are 3 beeps and continuous beeps, but mine isn't beeping at all when I power it up.

Any help/advice would be great.
6/28/12 10:35 AM
BigWilliam
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are completely sure it's not the RAM or the video card? In that case I would say yes it's the mother board.
6/29/12 2:00 PM
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for replying Will.

I had unplugged the video card to check, still didn't start up. Then changed the CPU, still the same. Moved the RAM into different slots, didn't change it. I think even if the RAM was screwed it would still beep on start up right? I know it's 1 beep for good post, and continuous beeps / 3 beeps for video or memory issues?

I bought a new motherboard + processor now. But if there's anything you can think of to try, I'd like to salvage it and give it to my parents or something if it's not actually broken.
7/3/12 8:27 PM
Grundy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not very new school, but have you checked your power with a multimeter or checked for swollen capacitors? I also had a case where the cpu fan and heat sink were a little bit(I mean tiny bit) loose and the computer would power for a minute and black screen(it was a dell not sure if it is a built in thing)
7/5/12 12:55 PM
PrettyCoolGuy

Thanks Grundy

Got my new one up now, old ones probably gunna go for scrap. Wouldn't work with a new CPU and the CPU it had won't work with another motherboard.

At least this gave me an opportunity to upgrade my machine lol. Thanks for trying to help guys!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.