UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Jon Trenge's Clinch Domination

6/26/12 3:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nowaydo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was the last MMA wrestling product I've invested in and it's one of the best. I have everything related to MMA wrestling, clinching and greco put out over the last 15 years and Jon shows things I've never seen. Little things that really make a difference. Like myself, he is dumbfounded by the amounts of shots taking in MMA, compared to good clinching. This is a really good investment.
6/26/12 3:57 PM
nowaydo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/26/12 4:01 PM
nowaydo

You might know Jon from the Veritas movie. Veritas is a feature-length film documenting Lehigh University's 2004-2005 wrestling team and the story of Jon Trenge, who strives to achieve his childhood dream of becoming a National Wrestling Champion for his hometown school.

Jon's freshman season is cut short when doctors discover an eye condition so serious that he is told he should never wrestle again or risk losing his eyesight permanently. Jon refuses to accept his doctors warning and is determined to find a way to wrestle.

After undergoing five eye surgeries, he wears homemade protective goggles designed by his father and nearly achieves his goal his sophomore and junior seasons losing in the National Finals. Jon defeats a former National Champion to earn the most wins in Lehigh's storied wrestling history, but many of his opponents intentionally attack his protective goggles injuring and frustrating him.

Jon retaliates and gets disqualified from two matches. However, Jon overcomes this setback by using it as an opportunity to learn about himself and grow as a person. He returns to competition invigorated, and the pursuit of his childhood dream ultimately helps him become the man he wants to be.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/188228
6/26/12 4:03 PM
nowaydo

Great throw! High %!!
6/27/12 6:15 AM
Calhoon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree. It is an awesom set that shows a great series of techniques from over/under position. The details are top notch details that show how to clinch against the best opponents.
6/28/12 8:53 AM
ChipW
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet.  Going to order that.  Thsnks for posting
7/17/12 12:41 AM
Paparez

Im ordering this!
7/17/12 4:20 AM
Spartan79

Nice! Good interesting post! Phone Post
11/4/12 12:01 PM
DaddyO4
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/11/12 7:27 PM
inoshishi07
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Veritas is a powerful, inspirational movie. Anyone who loves wrestling needs to see it! Looks like a great clinch instructional.
12/23/12 2:36 PM
TheRealMKL
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm more a jiu-jitsu guy than anything but I've been seeing vast improvements in my game whenever I can get to the clinch. This DVD is packed with stuff I have been wanting to see more and more. Love it!
12/24/12 6:12 PM
PayItForward
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

submarine for later.
12/25/12 1:39 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
2/6/13 12:35 AM
Soul Gravy
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/14/13 10:08 PM
athsportsnutrition
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.athsportsnutrition.com

Just watched his documentary Veritas. Awesome documentary and you really feel for the guy. His instructional is also top notch. Would love to train with him.

3/16/13 9:34 AM
Bruce Hoyer
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a grappler with a detached retina as well, I have always been a big fan.

Is he working with MMA guys now? Phone Post
4/11/13 7:43 AM
Ragnarok209
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
4/11/13 3:13 PM
ChipW
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

athsportsnutrition - 

Just watched his documentary Veritas. Awesome documentary and you really feel for the guy. His instructional is also top notch. Would love to train with him.

yeah its a great documentary

4/11/13 3:15 PM
ChipW

some highlights

4/23/13 7:15 PM
acm5060
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys watching this on Hulu? Anywhere else? Phone Post 3.0
2/1/14 2:24 PM
Mike Wazowski
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/15/14 10:00 PM
ocianain

As MMA striking improves clinch domination is where ground fighting will start. Shooting doesn't defeat the jab and it is exhausting; in spite of this clinch domination is not trained to a high level in most American folk wrestling programs, shooting is the game there. Randy C set up lots of his stuff off the clinch as he came from a Greco background, it worked great for him. Because of this I bought this set for my son a couple days ago. Look forward to seeing him apply the techniques.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.