UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cote: I'll get another title shot

6/29/12 7:06 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Also, I don't think that will be my last title shot. In fact, I wouldn't bother coming back and making a go of things if I did think it was my last. I'm still young at 32 years of age and know for a fact I'm a much better fighter now than I was when I fought Anderson in 2008. I have more tools and skills and less weaknesses than I had back then. When it comes to standing and striking, nobody scares me right now. Not Silva, not Le.

The main thing Anderson has going for him is the fact he's so unique and one of a kind. It's really tough finding good sparring partners to replicate what Anderson does inside the Octagon. So, a lot of the time, he faces guys who have no clue what he's going to do. They aren't prepared for it, and have never seen it before. That's why so many of them looked shocked when the first bell goes. Anderson is then in his element and can do as he pleases.

Anderson is just one big headache. He's like a puzzle. Saying that, though, I don't think he's invincible and, at some point, a fighter will come along and solve the riddle. I've got no doubt about that. I showed when I fought him that if you go in there unafraid and willing to take risks, you can put pressure on him and do well. Chael Sonnen did a great job for four rounds in 2010, as he too was unafraid and ready to take risks. If you go in scared against Anderson, you're only going to end up one way, and that's flat on your back.

To his credit, a lot of people talk about what you need to do to beat Anderson, but nobody has so far done it. I can tell you what sort of fight you need to fight to get success, but I couldn't do it. Sonnen can do the same, but he was still submitted in the final round. Nobody has come close to beating Anderson really.

read entire article...

6/29/12 7:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why is everybody saying this crazy stuff... LOL

6/29/12 7:14 PM
RKing85
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a fan of Cote....but I really don't see that happening.
6/29/12 7:33 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUF: the Comeback II confirmed?? Phone Post
6/30/12 1:20 AM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RKing85 - I am a fan of Cote....but I really don't see that happening.

6/30/12 2:15 AM
pumaownsmc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i REALLY dont get why dont see him as a snobby as mother fucking quebecer.

seriously. He sucks, he's cocky and he's a quebecer.
6/30/12 5:47 AM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pumaownsmc - i REALLY dont get why dont see him as a snobby as mother fucking quebecer.

seriously. He sucks, he's cocky and he's a quebecer.

Coherency, try it.
6/30/12 7:45 PM
shadyboxer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cote beats le by tko 2nd round

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.