UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> If you "knew", you are culpable

6/30/12 12:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fightpimp
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you lurk here or not... and you knowingly sell or resell a fake/reproduced item... you are fucking guilty. period.

If you have been buying/trading/selling MMA Memorabilia FOR PROFIT, it is YOUR JOB to make sure the items are authentic BEFORE YOU SELL THEM. If you can't grasp that concept, DONT SELL SHIT!!!

If you are a buyer only, please ask for help if you are not sure what you are buying BEFORE YOU BUY!!!
6/30/12 12:45 AM
hunto21

I bought a signed by card shamrock Ortiz 3 poster from him. What are the odds it's fake?
6/30/12 12:59 AM
fightpimp

this is not about anybody in particular hunto... just making a statement so everybody that sells will learn a little about what they are actually doing... so nobody gets screwed. thats it.
6/30/12 1:18 AM
fightpimp

post/email a pic and I I/others will take a look. Back then shit wasn't "certified" with holograms etc... but it would be an easy call with a pic (decent resolution)... that is a sweet poster to have btw.
6/30/12 1:19 AM
fightpimp

I have one directly from the UFC to compare it to.
6/30/12 1:20 AM
hunto21

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/hunto21/?action=view¤t=8c9486bc.jpg
6/30/12 1:25 AM
hunto21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scsmc_b31uc&list=UUAmzyYMZFbLlkRPUuy9cJjg&index=1&feature=plcp

he made this for me
6/30/12 1:27 AM
fightpimp

Tito sig looks spot-on... mine is stored-away and it's 4th of july vaca so give me a bit to dig it out... if I had to go with my gut it looks good...
6/30/12 1:35 AM
fightpimp

Ahahahahahaha just watched the "other" vids.... funny shit!!!
6/30/12 10:48 PM
pdpuck16

So calling it a replica doesn't keep you in the clear? These fake Pride gloves flying around really bug me. People here and other places don't seem as bothered by it as much as posters.
6/30/12 11:11 PM
fightpimp

If anybody sells a "replica" and states that in the sale/auction... then we have a "gray area"...

I am concerned about sellers knowingly and willingly selling fake shit as real to unsuspecting buyers... that is not right! AND IT IS ILLEGAL.

At some point in your "selling" career you come to a point where you know (or think you know) what you are doing... at that point it is your job as a "professional" to suck it up and do your diligence on the items you are buying and then selling to make sure you are not passing along reproductions to paying customers that are TRUSTING YOU AS A PROFESSIONAL.

Think about this... a car dealer sells a car that has fraudulent VIN numbers... who is responsible in the eyes of the police/government???
6/30/12 11:27 PM
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely, the seller would be the one responsible.

That being said, it is a good idea to keep complete records of what you buy and from whom. As fightpimp mentioned in another thread, he has thousands of items and knows where they all came from. Granted I'm probably a little OCD and have far less stuff to keep track of, but I could tell you exactly when I bought something, from who, and for how much if the validity of something ever came into question.
6/30/12 11:42 PM
fightpimp

If an item is worth more than $100... SAVE THE EMAILS, The packaging etc... I do that and have for YEARS!
7/1/12 12:03 AM
Tap In
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/1/12 12:24 AM
fightpimp

Tap Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
7/1/12 1:20 AM
ricksongjj

Man I guess Im too trusting,I dont keep any records.I dont have enough room for all my collection let alone records.
7/1/12 4:05 PM
tdrsnake

Im with you, PD. Sick of seeing the junk being peddled, but that is another debate.

I think the post that FP made should be mandatory on all hobby memorabilia forums in general. Kudos, FP.
7/1/12 4:26 PM
Dawggy
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All this noise about fakes got me thinking. The only thing in my collection that I question is this: http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd54/Razaruckus/f1dbc78b.jpg
I got it from Cam about 6 months ago. Didn't pay much for it, so it's not a big loss, but I would like to know if it's geuine. It's 12x18. Any ideas?
7/1/12 4:35 PM
ricksongjj

Ive always wondered about that too Dawggy because he has sold several of them signed with the same writing.If real,you need to get Coleman to sign that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.