UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White responds to Frank Shamrock

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/1/12 10:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BasementKnee
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White responds to Frank Shamrock calling him a douchebag and the HOF comments.

“Frank Shamrock’s always talking smack. I don’t know what’s worse, Frank Shamrock talking smack like he should be in the Hall of Fame or Spike TV having him on. We have the biggest fight of the year coming up and they have Frank Shamrock on there, the most irrelevant dude on the planet. Here’s the thing about the UFC Hall of Fame in all honesty, you know, the UFC Hall of Fame this is – these are guys that we have been inducting that have done a lot for the sport since we’ve (ZUFFA) have taken over, you know what I mean? Here’s a guy, you know, Frank Shamrock, Frank Shamrock hasn’t done anything for the new UFC. And when I say the new UFC I mean the regulated, since it’s been regulated, since it’s been back on pay-per-view, mainstream television, all the things that have been done over the last 12 years, the guys who have been inducted have helped us get to where we are. Frank Shamrock isn’t one of those guys.”

More in the full story.

http://www.fightcove.com/dana-white-interview-responds-to-frank-shamrock-calling-him-a-douchebag/
7/1/12 10:04 PM
BasementKnee
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/01/12 10:04 PM

ooops double.
voorhees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

isnt Royce and Severn in it?
KevinMcAllister
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
7/1/12 10:06 PM
deedzBJJ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank should be in, no doubt. Phone Post
7/1/12 10:06 PM
Lahzerous
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/1/12 10:11 PM
shinbang
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That told him!
7/1/12 10:13 PM
epwar
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voorhees - isnt Royce and Severn in it?
/thread

Dana full of crap as always.

7/1/12 10:14 PM
Lahzerous
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's kinda fucked up it's more about how much money you made the company compared to what accomplished your time there. That and I'm sure Frank made them so good money. Also In what Dana is saying wtf has Severn done for them not that he doesn't belong in the HOF.
7/1/12 10:15 PM
D241
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BasementKnee -the UFC Hall of Fame is this – these are guys that we have been inducting that have done a lot for the sport since we’ve (ZUFFA) have taken over, you know what I mean?.... Frank Shamrock on there, the most irrelevant dude on the planet.

Royce Gracie=1 Zuffa fight
Dan Severn=0 Zuffa fights
Mask=0 mma fights, 0 UFC fights

Frank Shamrock irrelivant.....

7/1/12 10:17 PM
D241
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why didn't the person who got Dana to reply follow up with a legit follow up question like Royce/Severn/Mask not doing anything in the Zuffa era?

Who is the one taking credit for the article but was too scared to follow up I guess is my question?
7/1/12 10:17 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BLAF is so full of shit on this issue.

Dan Severn hasn't done jack shit for ZUFFA era UFC and he was elected in 2005. Mark Coleman was elected to the UFC HOF in March 2008 and he hadn't yet fought in the ZUFFA era UFC. In fact, if I recall correctly, BLAF even insulted Coleman a few years earlier, calling him a "tomato can" in an attempt to discredit Emelianenko's win over Coleman in PRIDE.

Why doesn't BLAF just admit he doesn't like Frank, and that's why Frank isn't going in? Instead, he lies to us. Do you think we're stupid, BLAF?
7/1/12 10:20 PM
Monroe
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least he admitted it, it's the Zuffa Hall of Fame
7/1/12 10:21 PM
TeamThundermma

Bull shit from Dana. He kept the UFC alive back in the day. Should not be personal it should be about skill. Phone Post
7/1/12 10:21 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -  Why didn't the person who got Dana to reply follow up with a legit follow up question like Royce/Severn/Mask not doing anything in the Zuffa era?

I don't agree that Royce and Mask haven't done anything in the ZUFFA era. Royce's comeback fight against Hughes was huge for the UFC's bottom line. That fight happened when the UFC was still fighting to explode and garnered massive PPV buys. Mask was also a big part of promoting the MMA (and in particular, UFC) brand amongst the mainstream.
7/1/12 10:23 PM
D241

Funaki Masakatsu #1 - Do you think we're stupid, BLAF?

7/1/12 10:24 PM
FCFBlazer
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like BLAF but he's wrong. Oh well, it's his HOF. And it's kind of a joke anyway. Phone Post
7/1/12 10:24 PM
PR
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BLAF is bullshitting.
7/1/12 10:26 PM
Humphrey

FCFBlazer -  it's kind of a joke anyway. Phone Post
7/1/12 10:29 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow.

So, fighters who fought before The Ultimate Fighter and UFC 40 did NOTHING for the NEW UFC?

Nice. Phone Post
7/1/12 10:31 PM
Stu Cazzo
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/01/12 10:31 PM
Who cares....

Frank?

Oh yeah....he said he doesn't care.  It's no big deal to him........but he keeps bringing it up over and over again.

I guess that's his way to remain relevant amongst the new fans.

Good luck with that Frank.

7/1/12 10:34 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1

Stu Cazzo - Who cares....

Frank?

Oh yeah....he said he doesn't care.  It's no big deal to him........but he keeps bringing it up over and over again.

Frank is being asked about the topic over and over by interviewers. What do you want him to do? Ignore the question?

Frank Shamrock will always be relevant to MMA history, whether or not he's relevant in the current landscape doesn't matter.
7/1/12 10:35 PM
D241

Stu Cazzo - Who cares....

Frank?

Hey dumbass...

ONE time recently, just a COUPLE WEEKS BEFORE TITO ORTIZ is INDUCTED INTO THE UFC HOF, Frank was replying to a reporters question regarding him being in the HOF.

Quit being such a Dana nut hugger and maybe you'll be able to see context.

7/1/12 10:37 PM
Lahzerous

7/1/12 10:37 PM
gusto

superCalo - Frank Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz as the coachs on the ultimate figher was the highest rating series ever if I'm not mistaken, series 3 I think ?
surely thats important to zuffa ?

tito fought bob not juarez

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.