UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guillard wants revenge for Lauzon's 'lucky punch'

7/2/12 9:53 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“Right now I am just taking it one fight at a time, I’ve lost two in a row and I need to win this next one,” offered the New Orleans native. “I’ve told Dana White and Joe Silva I want to fight the best guys in the sport. I’ll fight whomever they put in front of me, I will never say no to a fight. It’s all about guys wanting to fight me and that’s the biggest catch. There are some cats who haven’t wanted to step up to the plate and challenge me. Whether it’s the champion or a guy coming straight off of The Ultimate Fighter I’ll fight anyone. I’m not the type of guy that other fighters are lining up to fight me.

“The last two fights I’ve lost on my own going back to the Lauzon fight. I rushed myself and he wound up catching me. If I had to pick any one guy that I wanted to fight it would have to be Joe Lauzon. He was very disrespectful after he won the fight. All I said was I thought I beat myself because I was too amped up and I was also transitioning between camps. I gave him respect for beating me, but then I read in a magazine that he punched me in my face, dropped me and then choked me out. I tried to take the high road and be professional about it, but he chose to be disrespectful about it. I want to win this fight and hopefully get a rematch with Lauzon.

“Lauzon caught me with a lucky punch and that was the deciding factor,” Guillard continued. “I could see if he beat me up for five minutes, but he didn’t and it will be different if we meet again. Right now I have Fabricio in my sights and I feel like I fight better with my back against the wall. I have two losses in a row so the pressure is on me to get a win. In my mind I feel like this could be my last fight in the UFC if I don’t get a win. I always fight better when my back is against the wall. I am also undefeated when I fight during the Fourth of July weekend so I have two big things in my favor. I relish the opportunity to fight under pressure.”

read entire article...

7/2/12 9:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
greco yeoman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. Every loss is a fluke in his mind. He's been saying this stuff since the string or guillotine losses. Phone Post
7/2/12 9:57 AM
Munk

" There are some cats who haven’t wanted to step up to the plate and challenge me."

LMAO, trashy kid.
7/2/12 9:58 AM
OuTkAsTTTTT69

He has met 12 lucky guys in his career Phone Post
7/2/12 10:01 AM
UGCTT_MexiCain AmeriCain
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Melvin, he's a good exciting fighter, but he got beat. Joe dropped him and finished him, admit and move on, and besides, it was HIM, who disrespected Joe, by not taking the fight seriously. He was looking past Joe and was clowning around in the octagon during their fight. Phone Post
7/2/12 10:02 AM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OuTkAsTTTTT69 - He has met 12 lucky guys in his career Phone Post
And he's gotten lucky his fair share, too, I guess. Phone Post
7/2/12 10:04 AM
Donald Rice Cerrone

damn.i actually thought he could win the belt at one time.
7/2/12 10:05 AM
UGCTT_Suess
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weak 
7/2/12 10:14 AM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/02/12 10:14 AM
I don't understand all the hate for Guillard.  I don't agree with the excuse making for the Lauzon fight, but he's still a good fighter. And who cares if he's a little cocky? He's a fighter, a lot of them are cocky. I've met him twice, and dude was pretty cool both times. 

He just needs to learn to defend a choke, and he'll be back in the mix lol.   Too bad he's fighting Fabricio Comoes who has 13 wins and 6 of them are by choke. Bad matchup for Melvin.

But I agree, give more respect to your opponent. Lauzon earned that win.
7/2/12 10:32 AM
Sharkman170

so it was lucky that joe threw a punch, hit him, rocked him, and when it hit the ground melvin had no idea how to defend a RNC?

shit if thats the case then pettis got lucky by faking the low kick and going high on lauzon and KOing him. i mean joe hasn't been KOed before that so pettis must've got lucky

chael doesn't like the fact that he got caught by anderson in their fight, but he was taking it to silva for the whole fight, he can at least say i was going to win before he lost (not sure if that makes sense but i'm too tired to clarify)
7/2/12 10:35 AM
disbeliever
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
He has so much talent, but I really can't stand hearing him give interviews anymore
7/2/12 10:39 AM
FCFBlazer

Before the fight he was calling himself the champ. Phone Post
7/2/12 10:42 AM
Kveletak
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe theres some coke in that Greg Jackson water cause this kid has no reason to Jon Jones-cocky Phone Post
7/2/12 10:43 AM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kveletak -  Maybe theres some coke in that Greg Jackson water cause this kid has no reason to Jon Jones-cocky Phone Post

Well, that would explain why Guida ran around so much. 
7/2/12 10:45 AM
UGCTT_molsonmuscle360
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read an interview with Joe that broke down all 4 significant strikes that Melvin throws on a regular basis, he said he trained for all 4 of those so that he knew when they were coming.  I don't see anything lucky about a really intelligent guy employing a really smart gameplan and knocking someone on their ass and choking em out. 
7/2/12 10:45 AM
Mdson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melvin's loss wasn't just him being too amped up.

Joe dropping him was far from a lucky punch. Melvin always drops his right hand when he throws a left hook and Lauzon had studied that and countered with a left of his own and dropped him. That was a calculated move from Joe's part and NOT a lucky punch.

Melvin should accept that loss and learn from it, instead of letting his ego get in the way of his progress as a fighter.

Just my humble opinion!
7/2/12 10:51 AM
BravoPUA
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"but then I read in a magazine that he punched me in my face, dropped me and then choked me out. I tried to take the high road and be professional about it, but he chose to be disrespectful about it."

how is disrespectful you dummy???
7/2/12 10:56 AM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BravoPUA - "but then I read in a magazine that he punched me in my face, dropped me and then choked me out. I tried to take the high road and be professional about it, but he chose to be disrespectful about it."

how is disrespectful you dummy???
I came here to quote this part.

Isnt that exactly what happened? Melvin might wanna watch a replay Phone Post
7/2/12 11:00 AM
confusionSay
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lucky blocks, lucky footwork, lucky set-up, lucky swing, lucky back-mount, lucky choke---I noticed all these too, Joe Lauzon is the luckiest fighter in the world.
7/2/12 11:06 AM
ABE FROMAN

The harder I train the luckier I get.
7/2/12 11:17 AM
SnapLocally
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana should give him the fight he wants. If he loses, he's cut. 
7/2/12 11:19 AM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A punch that lands where it is intended to is never a lucky punch.

Melvin suffers from the mentality of thinking he is better than he actually is.
7/2/12 11:23 AM
The Swinging Richard
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I could see if he beat me up for five minutes, but he didn't and it will be different if we meet again." - Melvin Guillard

Is he saying Joe kicked his ass too fast last time, so he wants another chance?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Melvin seems to be about as smart as a box of Fleshlights.
7/2/12 11:31 AM
CMX
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should rematch Jeremy Stephens first and fight like the man he claims to be Phone Post
7/2/12 11:42 AM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/10 of Melvin Guillard's losses have been to submissions. The guy is obviously naive. One, for thinking that he doesn't need to practice submission defense and two, for thinking his opponents have been lucky.

Still not sure why there are so many people that say he is a matured fighter. He's still the same guy to me; cocky and overrated. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.