UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Awesome Zombie Game: Arma II: Dayz

7/2/12 2:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Isaac298
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out this awesome game out.

Basically it's a realistic zombie game, you're stuck on a HUGE island and you fight for survival. where if you die...you are dead, no restarting..

http://www.dayzmod.com/
7/2/12 2:58 PM
Isaac298

Some cool stories of people playing the game on the forums.

"I was hurt...badly hurt ...I had lost so much blood it must have left a path 5 miles long. I managed to make it to the northern hospital of Cherno and asked on my walkie talkie if anybody in the city could help me with a blood transfusion. I got a response of some survivors trying to make their way to me. I shot open the front windows of the hospital to get inside and heard the maddening yells of a dozen or so geeks.

I could barely see my vision was so blurry and grey but I wasn't going down without a fight. I squeezed off as many rounds from my .45 revolver into those blood thirsty monsters as I could manage. I dropped about 15 before I passed out from blood loss. I woke up to see more of those hungry eyes gazing at me through the glass and I fed them the rest of my lead. I saw another survivor through my hazy vision run into the apartments across from the hospital and grabbed my blood bags and made a dash for him. Little did he know the apartment was infested and when I got closer I could see they were feasting on his still warm corpse. I shot those three and three more coming down the stairs. This must have alerted more because I could hear the screams of them in the distance. The poor sod had a Remington 870 shotgun with two 8 rounds packages of slugs that I decided to make use of not to mention the 4 juicy steaks he had in his backpack. In between blasting zeds with the shotgun I was scarfing down steaks. My vision slowly blurred a little less and I had regained some energy.

I asked again over the walkie if anyone was coming and they said they were in the center of town. Just then I heard automatic weapons fire and explosions going off. The walkie talkie went dead and I decided it was time to head north out of town. Luckily on my way into the hills I spotted two cows grazing in a field and stumbled up to them and shot them both, gutted them and took more meat than I could carry. I cooked it all up, feasted and rested and thanked that poor bastard in the apartments for the second lease on life. R.I.P. Shotgun man on Australian 2 server. You saved me and I owe you one. "
7/2/12 3:07 PM
Greenup
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh yea it's great. There is a thread on this but will need to get bumped. I haven't played for a couple months so I'm sure it's a lot better now. Great game recommend it also. Arma3 looks insane I hope my comp can handle it. Phone Post
7/2/12 3:14 PM
Ahren_nhb
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isaac298 - Some cool stories of people playing the game on the forums.

"I was hurt...badly hurt ...I had lost so much blood it must have left a path 5 miles long. I managed to make it to the northern hospital of Cherno and asked on my walkie talkie if anybody in the city could help me with a blood transfusion. I got a response of some survivors trying to make their way to me. I shot open the front windows of the hospital to get inside and heard the maddening yells of a dozen or so geeks.

I could barely see my vision was so blurry and grey but I wasn't going down without a fight. I squeezed off as many rounds from my .45 revolver into those blood thirsty monsters as I could manage. I dropped about 15 before I passed out from blood loss. I woke up to see more of those hungry eyes gazing at me through the glass and I fed them the rest of my lead. I saw another survivor through my hazy vision run into the apartments across from the hospital and grabbed my blood bags and made a dash for him. Little did he know the apartment was infested and when I got closer I could see they were feasting on his still warm corpse. I shot those three and three more coming down the stairs. This must have alerted more because I could hear the screams of them in the distance. The poor sod had a Remington 870 shotgun with two 8 rounds packages of slugs that I decided to make use of not to mention the 4 juicy steaks he had in his backpack. In between blasting zeds with the shotgun I was scarfing down steaks. My vision slowly blurred a little less and I had regained some energy.

I asked again over the walkie if anyone was coming and they said they were in the center of town. Just then I heard automatic weapons fire and explosions going off. The walkie talkie went dead and I decided it was time to head north out of town. Luckily on my way into the hills I spotted two cows grazing in a field and stumbled up to them and shot them both, gutted them and took more meat than I could carry. I cooked it all up, feasted and rested and thanked that poor bastard in the apartments for the second lease on life. R.I.P. Shotgun man on Australian 2 server. You saved me and I owe you one. "
The OG has a sever with a bunch of people that have NVG's, thermal scopes, etc. I haven't been on that one yet.

KVR and I have been playing together. We just made a small camp, and have a few supplies.

What is your in game name?

7/2/12 3:34 PM
Isaac298

ill let you know what it is when i get back home
7/2/12 3:39 PM
Ahren_nhb
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool.

We have a few spare weapons, and our camp is very far south. We could hook you up so that you are loaded out from the start.

Be prepared to die. A lot. This game is fun and addicting, but very difficult as well. You may have 3 straight days of building a character only to have them get murdered by a bandit, or have a zombie break your leg and bleed out.

The only way to last more than a day is with other players.
7/2/12 3:41 PM
BillyRayChubbs
825 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOW CAN I PLAY THIS!!!

What kinda of setup do I need?
Please help?
7/2/12 3:49 PM
Ahren_nhb

Billy Ray,

I posted a link on the other thread where you asked the same question, lol.

First step is to make sure your PC can run it. Go to: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

After you find that out, buy Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead combined ops through Steam (about $30).

Then make sure that you have the latest Beta patch for Arma 2.
Then launch Arma 2, and OA and let the whole game load.

Now, download the DayZ game Updater from here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2434

Let us know how that works out. If you have any problems PM me.
7/2/12 3:55 PM
Combat Vette
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds awesome!!
7/2/12 3:59 PM
Wolfs Law
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may have to get this it sounds awesome Phone Post
7/2/12 4:15 PM
UGCTT_Roadkill
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for maybe joining Phone Post
7/2/12 4:35 PM
Stackdoe
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember the other thread about this game. Looks ridiculous and if my schedule opens up some I'll definitely be playing.
7/2/12 4:40 PM
OMG this 12er
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds great! Will check my system later... Phone Post
7/2/12 4:49 PM
redwhiteandblues
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

up
7/2/12 4:52 PM
dogfb
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Game is awesome. 
7/2/12 4:53 PM
Elbeezy1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gamerground Phone Post
7/2/12 5:13 PM
Territory
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
7/2/12 5:22 PM
Khelso
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
7/2/12 5:23 PM
Ahren_nhb

ghost of KVR -  if you play with ahren and he says, hey lets go check out this building, run the other direction!
Just run inside, we'll be safe!

7/2/12 5:29 PM
SoccerkickrevivaL
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In, any mac options?
7/2/12 5:40 PM
KurtRooke
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for when I get Internet back Phone Post
7/2/12 5:40 PM
jon b
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stopped reading at .45 revolver.... Phsss Phone Post
7/2/12 5:47 PM
LittleJay
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Game sounds awesome! Does your character save on the server and carry over between sessions until you die? Are there multiple servers and how are the pops? Any queue time or can you get right in? Phone Post
7/2/12 5:49 PM
LittleJay
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post
7/2/12 5:54 PM
Nitecrawler
2188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Later Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.