UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ortiz: Maybe Griffin should retire too

7/3/12 12:13 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I don't want to do that. I don't want to overstay my welcome. I want to leave on my own terms. If I blast through Forrest, and get it over quick, there's always going to be that guess, like yeah I still have it, but people got to understand it's not the fight I prepare for. It's the training I prepare for. It's the grueling six days a week, 5 or 6 hours a day, of over and over getting up every day and going, ‘Oh god, what am I doing to my body. I'm hurting, my legs hurt, my neck hurts.' It's a mental strain on you,” Ortiz stated.

“I think it's time to move onto a different chapter of my life.”

But if things go his way and judging by Griffin's pre-fight comments, Ortiz might have another fighter joining him in the “gold watch” club when UFC 148 is over.

“Maybe it's time for Forrest to retire; maybe he wants to retire,” said Ortiz. “Maybe he's just letting everybody know that he's going to retire. For me, I know I'm retiring, but it's an idea, I'm going out and I'm winning the fight.”

read entire article...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.