UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> New Shred Clip - Soul Murder

7/3/12 5:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the new clip with the Eastwood Airline 3p Deluxe.
7/3/12 10:30 PM
jman
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool man, you've got a very relaxed and fast picking hand, something I busting my ass on right now to get.

That is one CRAZY looking guitar!
7/3/12 10:54 PM
Ali
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/03/12 10:58 PM
Demi again.... just ridiculous chops. Especially, as Jimmy says, that relaxed and fast picking hand. (I still can't hold a pick properly).

I saw on the OG you said something about 5-minute drills. Have you put that info up here? I missed it. I'm curious about what they are, what they did for you, where to find such things.

I think the video work is super cool, too -- and assume that's your work, again. Seriously.... a renaissance man, you. I'm jealous.

[I've heard Jimmy shred my face off before, too -- so I'd take his compliment very seriously!]

The guitar -- reminds me of old Vox guitars, with the row of buttons/switches. Not a typical shred-instrument at all.
7/4/12 12:15 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys. 

@Ali - The 5 minute exercises work like this.

1. Take any lick or scale or phrase

2. Move through it slowly with good picking (whatever works for you) and fingering.

3. Do not stop for 5 minutes.

4. Increase the speed until you can do it at the desired speed for 5 minutes without any slop.

Now you can put that lick or phrase back into the context of a song and it will seem like nothing.

The PROBLEM is that most people WILL NOT work all the way to 5 minutes BECAUSE they will find thay cannot do it for about a week. Even playing a certain phrase slowly for 5 minutes will be impossible for many BECUASE the muscles of the hand just can't do it. AND IT HURTS.

I used this excersise for many years. It was key to my development.

The same thing applies for chords. Many have trouble holding and changing chords at first. One exercise is to simply finger a chord properly. Push down hard and HOLD IT for 5 minutes while watching TV or something. Do that with all your chords. In a week you be able to hit those chords much easier.

As for chord changes do the same. Pick 2 chords and go from one chord to another smoothly (no slop) for 5 minutes. 

7/4/12 12:59 PM
Ali
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, Demi --

My own playing has largely been reduced to physical therapy (due to some nerve damage); but this sort of exercise might work in that context, even without attaining light-speed shreds.

Your detailed response is most appreciated!
7/4/12 5:57 PM
Demitrius Barbito

My playing ability has been reduced as well by handfulls of arthritis.
7/6/12 6:22 PM
Demitrius Barbito

I got messed that some couldn't see it. I assume it's all good at this point?
7/7/12 10:04 AM
asbury
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see it.
7/11/12 9:47 PM
Demitrius Barbito

Yay!!!
7/23/12 6:52 PM
Demitrius Barbito

I just found out that Eastwood Guitars no longer goes to NAMM shows. I was hoping for a spot at a NAMM booth after all these video clips.

All good tho. They give me a lot of exposure on their site and thru their email list.

Still hoping to work with them into the near future...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.