UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Here is a post for Pastor Josh

7/3/12 10:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reverend john
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus rose bodily from the grave, destroying the power of death, and becoming the first born of the resurrection.

rev
7/10/12 7:41 AM
PastorJosh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HERE IS A POST FOR "REV" JOHN:

I've asked you repeatedly to share the gospel with me and, with all your "religious wisdom" have failed multiple times to present anything close to the biblical gospel. The Jesus you "teach" about would never have been crucified if he were who you say he was. You're a wolf.

And before so many spout the "judging" baloney out of context, remember that Paul in Galatians became nothing short of a madman in dealing with "religious people" who preach a false gospel. I will literally set up a Skype meeting with you and EVERYONE ELSE who wants in on this conversation. You're a fraud and you can name the name of Jesus all you want; you don't preach the biblical gospel and you're leading people astray. All of your "alternative styles", thoughts and programs are nothing short of blasphemous. And myself, as a pastor, have NO TOLERANCE for you deceiving people into religion instead of Christianity. Good day. Phone Post
7/10/12 10:01 AM
reverend john
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you disagree with what I said?

rev
7/10/12 9:16 PM
PastorJosh

I disagree with who you are. I don't necessarily disagree with what you said in that specific sentence, but the person saying the sentence matters. You can probably recite a creed or some Catholic nonsense with the best of "academia" (although your level of scholarship compared to any true theologian is laughable at best), but in every single one of your posts you reek, absolutely reek of purifying, death-bringing doctrine.

And you still can't tell me the gospel. The fact that your failure to explain the gospel doesn't horrify you is astounding to me. As you claim Christianity (and, presumably, the right "version" of it), are a "reverend" and have no clue what the gospel is should make you tremble in abject fear at the God you've so spurned and the "gospel" you're giving the people who are dumb enough to listen to you. Phone Post
7/11/12 1:06 AM
reverend john

Josh I will pray God turns your heart towards love

I anxiously await our Skype chat

Rev Phone Post
7/11/12 4:57 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah, one question. Josh, you have thus far failed to reveal anything about yourself or your background for ministry. Mind letting us in on the secret?
7/11/12 6:11 PM
reverend john

and tell us when we are going to skype

rev
7/12/12 1:30 PM
JitsuGuy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This PastorJosh guy is a piece of work. I've seen it so much. His view of the gospel and salvation and his faith in his intellect and understanding of a book of words. His version of God is one of a god who rewards the more astute, the ones with the resources (much they cannota take the credit) or those lucky enough to be in a place and time to be evangelized to in order to receive their "free gift" of eternal salvation.

Their so prideful in their ignorance because they understand the gospel and anyone else who does not embrace their version of the bible is a lesser being. Sure it's not literally spoken aloud, but their actions are a great display of their judgment towards others.

They cause division among humanity and they forget about loving their neighbors and certainly forget about loving their enemies. These are the same ones who go on mission trips but don't know their neighbors names on their on fucking street.

Josh, you're doing nothing for your cause. You don't know what compassion is and you certainly have very little understanding of the god you claim to know so much about. It's people like you that contributed to my lack of faith. The world could use less judgmental pricks.

And if you ever did want to discuss bigger things with me, I'd love it because I'd leave the conversation with you in a state of confusion and the realization that you've gotten in way over your head. I've seen that look numerous times now... 3 times, from pastors just like you. But they continue on... Teaching what they teach... After all, they have great careers and too much at risk and people only want to hear what they want to hear. They propagandists with an agenda. Welcome to mainstream Christianity.
7/14/12 8:33 PM
Rocky Dennis

I support Pastor Josh.  

Josh, this is nothing new.  We have been round and round with the "rev" years before you came into the picture.

He is a theological liberal, more concerned about being cool, cutting edge, and tolerant than the gospel of Christ.  

7/15/12 1:59 AM
Ali
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That seems more like hating on Rev John than supporting Pastor Josh.

Unless you really do. "I disagree with you who you are", for example, is pretty unsupportable. It can't mean what it says.
7/15/12 10:53 AM
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ali - That seems more like hating on Rev John than supporting Pastor Josh.

Unless you really do. "I disagree with you who you are", for example, is pretty unsupportable. It can't mean what it says.

It also seems like Pastor Josh is more concerned about getting this place stirred up, than in having a meaningful conversation with anyone. I would think that following St. Paul's example would mean actually telling us where, and why, we are wrong in his view.

I'd really like to know what Pastor Josh's understanding of the Gospel is, and what doctrines are dealbreakers, and which have put (as he seems to think) those of us who don't agree with them outside of God's grace.

I'd also like to know if he believes that salvation results in perfect doctrinal understanding. Is there any room for disagreement on anything? If so where, and where not? Which groups of Christians that don't agree with him are "real" Christians? Who is in, and who is out?
7/15/12 10:55 AM
reverend john

I am not a liberal learn your terms or don't use them mask

Rev Phone Post
7/15/12 11:05 AM
Rocky Dennis

Sorry brah!
7/16/12 12:14 AM
PastorJosh

Lahi -
Ali - That seems more like hating on Rev John than supporting Pastor Josh.

It also seems like Pastor Josh is more concerned about getting this place stirred up, than in having a meaningful conversation with anyone. I would think that following St. Paul's example would mean actually telling us where, and why, we are wrong in his view.

I'd really like to know what Pastor Josh's understanding of the Gospel is, and what doctrines are dealbreakers, and which have put (as he seems to think) those of us who don't agree with them outside of God's grace.

I'd also like to know if he believes that salvation results in perfect doctrinal understanding. Is there any room for disagreement on anything? If so where, and where not? Which groups of Christians that don't agree with him are "real" Christians? Who is in, and who is out?
That's not true and as evidence I've agreed to Skype with Rev John and stream it live on Justin.tv

Anything else? Phone Post
7/16/12 12:17 AM
PastorJosh

Rocky Dennis -  I support Pastor Josh.  

Josh, this is nothing new.  We have been round and round with the "rev" years before you came into the picture.

He is a theological liberal, more concerned about being cool, cutting edge, and tolerant than the gospel of Christ.  

I agree and I hope to prove that when we Skype together. We're working on streaming it live on justin.tv so everyone can listen to me, supposedly this hate-filled pastor who thinks only his position stands. I will contend for the gospel and I'll gladly do that all day long. Pray for me because (it seems) most people are theologically liberal on this forum and would love to see me shamed. But, friend, we know one thing: I might be shamed but as Spurgeon said:

"I bear the reproach and sneer of men because I fear the frown of my Lord." Phone Post
7/16/12 12:19 AM
PastorJosh

As I've said on other posts, I'm looking forward to debating the gospel. It's going to be a great time. Can't wait. Phone Post
7/16/12 12:22 AM
reverend john

theologically speaking I am not a liberal. Liberal Christians do not believe in the authority of scripture, I do. Many liberal Christians therefore wind up denying the resurrection, miracles, the deity of Christ and the singularity of Christ's salvation. I affirm all of those things.

Where I differ from many Christians is in how I interpret scripture, and what I believe discipleship is. My view would be considered liberation theology, which is quite different than liberal theology, though some embrace both.

rev
7/16/12 12:24 AM
PastorJosh

reverend john - theologically speaking I am not a liberal. Liberal Christians do not believe in the authority of scripture, I do. Many liberal Christians therefore wind up denying the resurrection, miracles, the deity of Christ and the singularity of Christ's salvation. I affirm all of those things.

Where I differ from many Christians is in how I interpret scripture, and what I believe discipleship is. My view would be considered liberation theology, which is quite different than liberal theology, though some embrace both.

rev
I will save all of my responses for our talk. Phone Post
7/16/12 1:28 AM
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pastor Josh, I'll pray you have good discussion with the Rev.
7/16/12 9:20 AM
Rocky Dennis

Great so when is this going to take place?
7/16/12 12:58 PM
JitsuGuy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rocky Dennis -  I support Pastor Josh.  

In other words... He's reasonable and rational and compassionate.
7/16/12 1:00 PM
reverend john

btw, I don't find much cool about feeding homeless people, it isn't cutting edge, its just the gospel being lived out. Whatever you do to the least of these you have done unto me.

rev
7/16/12 1:00 PM
JitsuGuy

reverend john - theologically speaking I am not a liberal. Liberal Christians do not believe in the authority of scripture, I do. Many liberal Christians therefore wind up denying the resurrection, miracles, the deity of Christ and the singularity of Christ's salvation. I affirm all of those things.

rev

Good post.
7/21/12 7:07 PM
Grakman

Edited: 07/22/12 10:39 PM
Aliquam vehicula augue in mi interdum vulputate. Nunc consectetur elit sed urna sodales vulputate. Sed sit amet mi justo, non feugiat tellus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Vestibulum ac mi sed nibh aliquet commodo. In sapien sem, malesuada non venenatis eget, fringilla sed quam. Aliquam erat volutpat. Maecenas sed quam vel lectus pretium consequat. In ut sapien scelerisque eros posuere volutpat et eget lectus.
7/21/12 11:27 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did this skype thing ever come about? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.