UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Le: Seagal has done nothing for MMA

7/5/12 11:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

7/5/12 11:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jstmike
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because Le has done so much more :/ Phone Post
7/5/12 11:29 PM
HectorOfTroy
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's Helwani on about "Really" "That's a bit disrespectful".

Is he just stirring a pot or we don't know something about Seagal that he knows?
7/5/12 11:36 PM
fightcity
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jstmike - Because Le has done so much more

Hes done a hell of a lot more then Seagull... Hes helped promote the sport through being a real fighter who has gone into movies unlike the fake POS Seagaull!

And WTF is up with Ariel acting like the truth about Seagull is disrespectful Seagull is an idiot!
7/5/12 11:41 PM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jstmike -  Because Le has done so much more :/ Phone Post

Who do you think was selling out all those San Jose Strikeforce cards?

7/5/12 11:44 PM
ThinkMMA
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow @Helwani.... I usually dig on his interviews but that really rubbed me the wrong way. The only thing awkward or uncomfortable about thaw was his comments back at Cung.

Oh, Cung has done waaaaaaaaaay more than Segal will ever do.
7/5/12 11:46 PM
Lahzerous
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HectorOfTroy - What's Helwani on about "Really" "That's a bit disrespectful".

Is he just stirring a pot or we don't know something about Seagal that he knows?

This pissed me off. His bitch ass only came to cover MMA when pro wrestling didn't wan't him and is just trying to create his own fame. Fuck that dude
7/5/12 11:47 PM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jstmike -  Because Le has done so much more :/ Phone Post

Like pull off movie stunt looking takedowns on guys in San Shao and made a successful transition to MMA?

Yes. Yes he has.
7/5/12 11:48 PM
Labrador
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. I have always thought-at least since he came on the scene-that Ariel was the best mma journalist bar none. I am shocked at this. I don't recall him taking this tone or supporting Segal like this before, wtf?
7/5/12 11:51 PM
beatbum
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I am unleashing my never-before-seen martial arts weapon. No mma fighter has ever witnessed such a unique and devastating secret striking method!

I give you - - - - - -

THE FRONT SNAP KICK!"
7/5/12 11:51 PM
mr biggelsworth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First time I have ever seen Ariel be outright disrespectful. I know he had some shit with Sapp where he might have been out of line, with Diaz he was just owned, Rampage was being a fuckin' moron picking on him, but here Ariel just comes off as a dick. He acts surprised that someone doesn't bow down to a TMA actor? He says he is disappointed and its going to be a little awkward between us....Cung Le was very respectful and was nice enough to give him an interview and Ariel was very disrespectful, if you can't respect the mans answer then why ask? Fuck him.
7/5/12 11:53 PM
HIGHROLLER TanDude
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The hair........its.....

Phenomenal.
7/5/12 11:54 PM
Granpa
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Helwani thinks he can advance his career by kissing up to Seagal. He's barking up the wrong tree man.
7/5/12 11:57 PM
Poleeko
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightcity -
Jstmike - Because Le has done so much more

Hes done a hell of a lot more then Seagull... Hes helped promote the sport through being a real fighter who has gone into movies unlike the fake POS Seagaull!

And WTF is up with Ariel acting like the truth about Seagull is disrespectful Seagull is an idiot!
I won't say that Le has done less or more but to call Seagal "fake" is inaccurate. You may not like aikido, but the guy has some impressive credentials in the art. Phone Post
7/6/12 12:01 AM
nubp
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel has been riding Seagal's nuts for a while. I used to think he was trolling the way he brought him up in interviews, but now he's being super rude about it..
7/6/12 12:04 AM
ABE FROMAN

Helwani is being deliberatly obtuse....which I find fucking hilarious.
7/6/12 12:08 AM
ChaosOverkill
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Helwani is going to get punched out one of these days and claim innocence
7/6/12 12:09 AM
beatbum
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mr biggelsworth - First time I have ever seen Ariel be outright disrespectful. I know he had some shit with Sapp where he might have been out of line, with Diaz he was just owned, Rampage was being a fuckin' moron picking on him, but here Ariel just comes off as a dick. He acts surprised that someone doesn't bow down to a TMA actor? He says he is disappointed and its going to be a little awkward between us....Cung Le was very respectful and was nice enough to give him an interview and Ariel was very disrespectful, if you can't respect the mans answer then why ask? Fuck him.

I agree with every word in this quote. Including "and", "the", and "a".
7/6/12 12:09 AM
Strategy101
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/06/12 12:12 AM
The whole Seagal thing is just getting sickening. The guy is an absolute joke, and his involvement with MMA is basically troll baiting.

I honestly dont know whats worse, the fact I'm even wasting time talking about the guy, or the fact that some people are so insanely stupid as to believe he actually has taught anyone anything of value in relation to martial arts.

I really just need to start ignoring him and hoping he'll go away, and be forgotten.

EDIT: Respect given to Cung Le for being honest about Seagal, especially since he probably has more in jeopardy with his movie career than any other fighter does.
7/6/12 12:11 AM
supersaiyan

Edited: 07/06/12 12:13 AM
lol @ that ignorance that Cung le has done more in martials world than Seagal ..please!! Seagal was teaching n training before cung le was born...be realistic

in perspective to mma perhaps Cung le but in a broader spectrum of overall martials...Cung cant touch Seagal..dude trained in the old school of hard knocks in Japan with the cream of the crop in aikido as well as judo
7/6/12 12:13 AM
JustPeed
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Helwani has continually got more obnoxious, but still does good 1 on 1 interviews but that was just ridiculous. Everyone knows segal is riding coat tails, heleani acted like a douche. Phone Post
7/6/12 12:14 AM
HectorOfTroy
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersaiyan - lol @ that ignorance that Cung le has done more in martials world than Seagal ..please!! Seagal was teaching n training before cung le was born...be realistic

Seagal never teached or trained MMA fighters. What he did in '70s in regard to him throwing around willing students (as seen in clips) has no influence on today's MMA.
7/6/12 12:14 AM
FingerorMoon
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dead Again -  Some of you......

Helwani obviously wasn't being serious when he said it was disrespectful. Some of you are a little dense.

7/6/12 12:22 AM
Ondz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was kinda obvious that Helwani was making a joke with the whole Sensei Segal thing. He should probably have let it go as soon as he realized Cung Le didn't get it though, but whatever. Live interviews are hard.

At least he managed to troll some fools on UG with it...
7/6/12 12:23 AM
BonquishaBLOOD
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Segal for all his accomplishments needs to leave mma alone he isn't adding anything to it and looked silly doing that slap shit with fejao/ sorry imo its just silly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.