UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Alternate Silva/Sonnen 2 Poster

7/9/12 10:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tap In -  It's all conjecture, it's worth what someone will pay. Someone with big money and not trusting of some yahoo that goes to expos will pay for the hologram. All day I get ebayers telling me I won't get what I'm asking, yet I always do

True, once you ebay something you never know. I personally do not feel it's worth that price, but that doesn't mean someone else doesn't.
7/9/12 10:53 AM
Dawggy
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/09/12 10:54 AM
I love the jaws poster design and I agree about a lot of the ones being available are ones that were flipped quick. I remember being offered one before anyone knew about them. They sold like hot cakes so I decided to snatch one up and I'm glad I did. I heard that the UFC has no idea how the master file for the design got leaked for the ones in circulation. I think it would be a smart move to hold onto one for a long time as I doubt we will ever know the exact number in circulation. <br /><br />Also, I think we all get offers and/or criticism when we list items on eBay. I've had to train myself to remain as fair as possible. I really enjoyed watching that last lot of seg posters go up for sale... Don't remember the poster's name and am too lazy to check, but I bought a sf gp poster off him. He let everything go to auction until the end and that was a fun time. Good shit.
7/9/12 11:16 AM
Tap In
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't buy posters for an investment, I buy the ones I like, for the events I actually attend. Much better avenues to grow your money than posters. No one is going to care about gsp/diaz (or even chael/anderson for that matter) in 10+ years. The early early seg stuff will always be worth money. I enjoy watching auctions as well
7/9/12 11:28 AM
Tap In
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that was quick! They didn't even waste time making an offer... man's game!
7/9/12 12:41 PM
Dawggy
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good shit bro. I agree about investments. Its nice to know what something is worth for trading purposes, otherwise I buy what I like because of design and if a fighter I like is on the card. Phone Post
7/9/12 1:05 PM
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit Tap In ... guess what you said about someone with big money ended up being true lol. Guess that payday helps with the costs of going the expo, eh? ;) good stuff.
7/9/12 1:14 PM
Tap In

Edited: 07/09/12 1:31 PM
Lloyd gave me my bluename 9/11 Clown Top Team -  holy fuk what idiot paid a grand for that crap poster with just andy and fael sonnen's sigs?

I'm about to list my signed 117 for 5g's right now, let me know who the buyer was, I'll message him about my auction
Someone much more successful than you. Money ain't a thing to some people. There was a ufc 117 with two signed gloves for 999 or best offer for weeks and didn't sell. Good luck bud

Tempting to list my second one...

7/9/12 1:32 PM
mmagirl104

lol!
7/9/12 1:37 PM
ricksongjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll believe it sold when I see feedback left lol.Nice job on that though.I cant believe someone would pay even the $500 for it let alone $1000.
7/9/12 1:43 PM
mmagirl104

Hopefully for you it wasn't the troll who bought the first 148 signed by the card for $949 or something like that. Poster ended up getting relisted afterwards.
7/9/12 1:47 PM
Tap In

Lloyd gave me my bluename 9/11 Clown Top Team - 

How do you know I'm not successful? 

Because how someone else spends their money bothers you, that's how.

Lol like I'm going to lie about selling a poster to make you jerkoffs proud of me. I know the buyer, legit as can be. I'm outta this place, too many haters. Take care all, see you on the ug
7/9/12 1:49 PM
Tap In

Lloyd gave me my bluename 9/11 Clown Top Team -  k just listed the auction, fap in can you please forward your buyer the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/UFC-117-SILVA-VS-SONNEN-SIGNED-POSTER-148-SEG/262019029?pt=item3cc5e2e64#ht_3545wt_1169

Bitches be thirsty. Get your own customers, and some tact. Get off my nuts, later
7/9/12 1:58 PM
Dawggy

Bitches be cray cray
7/9/12 2:11 PM
jeepdog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I almost bought one till I asked and they said it was only signed by Silva/Chael. So I just got one and chael sign it. All I need is Silva now and I saved 490 bucks :) ..
7/9/12 4:46 PM
SamboReigns
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaws poster to me is overated, is it different yes. But because the fight never happened for that event, it shouldn't be worth as much as people claim. At least the majority of most special edition posters the actual main event fights happened. Penn/Gsp #2, Gsp/Shields, Sonnen/Silva 2. On a side note, why is Sonnen's one eye blacked out on the LE poster?
7/9/12 5:19 PM
Dawggy

Never really thought of it that way. Phone Post
7/9/12 5:30 PM
fightpimp

any poster with a-level fighters and a fight that never happened is worth some money. it is the "special circumstances" etc... that surround it that determine the value. mainly supply and demand. print run. composition. "what if" value... nobody will know what happened if they fought... lol... the factors go on.
7/9/12 6:12 PM
mmagirl104

I bought the 143 gsp/diaz because I liked it, no other reason. Thought is was completely different from anything else the UFC has ever put out and the inspiration was definitely something Pride-ish. If someone bought this one because of future value, that may or may not pay off.
7/9/12 6:26 PM
bigbubbano

one poster i like to use as far as poster investments/value is the zombie poster. the fighters on poster are marquardt and okami (two kinda good fighters) 100 were made and most were messed up in shipping or by the owners (see most recent auctions) but even stuck to a board it still comes out of the gate at 500$. give the gsp diaz poster a few years and it will most certainly go up in value even though it may not be as rare. new collectors come in every day and where are they gonna get these? from the few who bought them who determine future price.
7/9/12 6:31 PM
hunto21

That was a troll bid that drove the zombie up to 500. And the seller was shill bidding it up to 300.
7/9/12 11:05 PM
hunto21

Edited: 07/09/12 11:05 PM
<blockquote>Tap In -  Well that was quick! They didn't even waste time making an offer... man's game!</blockquote><br /><br />You can't buy stuff just to resell it quickly and make a profit. That means you aren't a true fan, and you don't appreciate the history behind the item you are buying....
7/9/12 11:35 PM
Dawggy

Lloyd gave me my bluename 9/11 Clown Top Team - 
Tap In - 
Lloyd gave me my bluename 9/11 Clown Top Team -  holy fuk what idiot paid a grand for that crap poster with just andy and fael sonnen's sigs?

I'm about to list my signed 117 for 5g's right now, let me know who the buyer was, I'll message him about my auction<br type="_moz" />
Someone much more successful than you. Money ain't a thing to some people.

Tempting to list my second one...

How do you know I'm not successful? Do you know what my apartment smells like?

Rich mahogany, no doubt.
7/9/12 11:46 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hunto: its no surprise that you like to troll and come off as brash to some ppl on here..

You're basically a profiteer imo because I can't necessarily call you an investor.. Investors tend to hold onto items for a period of time instead of flipping it quick. Who knows, I might be wrong.

Imo there's no problem in what you're doing. Ppl do it all the time. Nobody wants their items to lose value and everyone wants to pick them up for the lowest price.
Except eventually mma collectors will get wise and just wait to pick up the items they want at more reasonable prices.

I'll throw you a bone.. Start buying up all the Walking Dead stuff you can find and immediately flip it.. There is more immediate profit in this without spending alot than there is in mma right now..

Walking Dead trading card boxes came out at $40 a box and are now trading at $200+ and series 2 boxes fixing to drop shortly... Also all the comics are bringing huge money due to impulse buyers. Phone Post
7/9/12 11:56 PM
hunto21

I might flip quick one out of every ten things I buy just to further finance the old sports collection which a very small percentage is mma related.
7/10/12 8:28 AM
Dreamer
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was really temped to buy the signed LE but when the lady told me it was only signed by chael n anderson I backed off. Especially after already buying a regular signed one for 300. That and was worried airline would give me shit about carrying on 2 tubes. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.