UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Krav Maga

7/6/12 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OntheRise7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Besides moves that are illegal in MMA matches is Krav Maga helpful with mixed martial arts?
7/6/12 11:35 PM
OntheRise7

Besides moves that are illegal in MMA matches is Krav Maga helpful with mixed martial arts?
8/11/12 11:25 PM
supersaiyan

i would imagine ANY martial art can add something to an mma gameplan.
11/2/12 1:41 AM
shen
819 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Compared to "regular" kickboxing, I don't think it is helpful because when they strike in KM they always protect the groin, which necessarily robs some power from the strikes. They also punch with a vertical fist. While both of these habits ARE good for self-defense/street-fighting, they are not helpful habits in an MMA context.

11/7/12 9:22 PM
jrrrrr
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a comparable thread in the kickboxing forum.I've taken Krav maga class for some time.It would not really help in MMA, it would make you more well rounded. MMA might make you better in Krav maga as would be more fit, get more comfortable fighting resisting opponents, etc

Most people train for one of three reasons (there is overlap).
1 - self defense - to be safe
2 - martial way - using martial arts to develop oneself
3 - martial sport - enjoyment of competition, mma, boxing, etc.
Krav Maga is meant to be a self defense military CQC system along the lines of other combatives; fairbains, combato, defendu.
Its goal is end the threat, be the enemy armed or unarmed.
12/25/12 9:26 PM
Bloodstorm

The self defense knife,gun disarms are the real deal. I would give Kali the edge for knife and stick fighting but for self defense. KM is the real deal

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.