UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> OFFICIAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD...

7/8/12 11:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chokeyou
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Chin - Hopefully knile Davis can stay healthy and take some of the load off of Wilson. Running game was fucking pitiful last year.

I was busy filling the washer fluid on the Arkansas bandwagon when your couch almost killed his concubine.

The min that happened you guys were done. One of the principles of college football gaming is "find the continuity". n You had as much as anyone in the country, now you have zero.

Tough loss for the kids. I am happy they fired him however. It was the right thing to do and in a year when Joe Pa was allowed to turn a blind eye a statement needed to be made.

I would send my son to play at Arkansas.
7/8/12 11:41 AM
chokeyou

The Cannibal - 

GO NAVY!

Exactly like you have been for the last 10 years.
7/8/12 11:42 AM
chokeyou

B Sharps - ECU alumni here. It will be another season pulling for a mid-major and hoping we break .500. This will be the make-or-break year for Coach Ruff.

I'll come back to you. I have thoughts.
7/8/12 12:31 PM
The Cannibal
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yut
7/8/12 12:38 PM
THE DEAN
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dosantowned - You spelled 'Official Denard Robinson Wins the Heisman' thread wrong.

Unfortunately, Heismans aren't given out in September.

If they were...he would already have two of them.
7/8/12 12:38 PM
chokeyou

Byrd - 

WVU

One of the most intriguing teams in the country IMO.

Geno Smith is the most underrated player in the country and coach bad hair is a frickin savant. They have 3 returning starters on offense and most of the receiving corps.

The bad news.

With the move to the Big 12 they are stepping up in competition. I don't think the Big 12 is all that, but they play much better defense and better players.

The defense is transitioning to a traditional 3-4 vs the 3-3-4 oddity they used to run. And they are small up front. I expect them hit overs repeatedly this year. They are basically OKST from last year best case scenario.
7/8/12 12:40 PM
THE DEAN
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/8/12 12:40 PM
chokeyou

Dosantowned - You spelled 'Official Denard Robinson Wins the Heisman' thread wrong.

LOL

Could totally happen. i'm a huge Brady Hoke fan, but they have 3 tough road games and i think their rise to power will be next year, not this one.
7/8/12 12:50 PM
Johnny Drama

Although it might take a few years to be a contender im excited for TCU to be on the big 12. It will be interesting to see a dominant little guy go into a dominant big guy conferance. Phone Post
7/8/12 12:56 PM
Swimfan13
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of my best friends in the back up QB at Penn State I see him being the starter after week 3! Phone Post
7/8/12 12:57 PM
TravenBJJ

Georgia wins the SEC East again but loses in the SEC Championship game to LSU or Bama
7/8/12 1:08 PM
Swimfan13
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of my best friends is the back up QB for Penn State I think he'll be starting by week 4! Phone Post
7/8/12 1:46 PM
chokeyou

Johnny Drama - Although it might take a few years to be a contender im excited for TCU to be on the big 12. It will be interesting to see a dominant little guy go into a dominant big guy conferance. Phone Post

Petterson is a better coach than Brown and Stupps.

If OK and UT have level 9 talent and TCU has level 7, Gary P wins 9 out of 10 games from Texas and 6 out 10 from OK.

Pachall can play and the D will be better this year.
7/8/12 1:58 PM
chokeyou

Swimfan13 - One of my best friends in the back up QB at Penn State I see him being the starter after week 3! Phone Post

OK.. Penn State was barely relevant outside western PA with Joe Pa. And absolutely no one (unless you are a State grad) wants to be associated with the fiery train wreck Penn State has become. I see years of decline for a program that wasn't sexy before they allowed a child prostitution ring on campus.

The fertile recruiting recruiting of western PA is going to be picked out by West Virginia, Notre Dame and especially Ohio State.
7/8/12 2:06 PM
chokeyou

EAST Carolina

Skip Holtz leaving hurt you guys but you have a strong, loyal fan base and its a good place to recruit to.
You have 7 returning starters on D and and 8 on offense as well as solid stable of RUNNING BACKS.

You could compete in every game this year but the South Carolina game. They'll hang 50 on you.

7 but maybe 8 wins is totally possible.

You are going to have a good season.
7/8/12 2:09 PM
chokeyou

#18 Ohio State-While the Buckeyes will not be eligible to go to a bowl game or be ranked in the coaches’ poll like USC the past two years, they still have the opportunity to be highly ranked in the AP poll this year. The Buckeyes signed a Top 10 class loaded with DL and QB Braxton Miller, who led the Buckeyes in rushing last year as a true frosh is a perfect fit for Meyer’s spread offense.

Is going become a monster over the next three years. This year they'll win 10+ games, but no bowl, and new coach will be destracting. 

I see them winning it all next year. 

7/8/12 2:10 PM
TravenBJJ

^^^ Unless they have to play an SEC team and then they lose by 20
7/8/12 2:15 PM
MushroomHead
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chokeyou -
scrawny white boy - 
MushroomHead - Which Big 12 team, on paper, is looking to have the strongest season, and why? Phone Post

Oklahoma because Landry Jones is back.

yeah, i feel like OK is just an underachieving team. Every yeat i watch people predict their being in the natty, every year i laugh. Don't get me wrong, i bet home first half against them every week and they have better players than most teams, but their something missing.

They beat Texas but lose someplace they shouldn't. Landry gets hurt. repeat..
So who are you picking to beat Oklahoma?

K-State has a good quarterback and 18 starters returning. West Virginia has a good QB and a couple of good receivers. Kind of a rebuilding year for OK State. TCU has a good QB but lost 4 starters with that campus drug bust.

I'd say it looks like West Virginia may be the toughest game for Oklahoma. Phone Post
7/8/12 2:15 PM
UGK4Life
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's go Bulldogs!!!!! SEC baby!!!!!
7/8/12 2:42 PM
chokeyou

TravenBJJ -  ^^^ Unless they have to play an SEC team and then they lose by 20

Down year for SEC.

Ohio St wins a natty at least once in the next three years.
7/8/12 2:44 PM
chokeyou

MushroomHead - 
chokeyou -
scrawny white boy - 
MushroomHead - Which Big 12 team, on paper, is looking to have the strongest season, and why? Phone Post

Oklahoma because Landry Jones is back.

yeah, i feel like OK is just an underachieving team. Every yeat i watch people predict their being in the natty, every year i laugh. Don't get me wrong, i bet home first half against them every week and they have better players than most teams, but their something missing.

They beat Texas but lose someplace they shouldn't. Landry gets hurt. repeat..
So who are you picking to beat Oklahoma?

K-State has a good quarterback and 18 starters returning. West Virginia has a good QB and a couple of good receivers. Kind of a rebuilding year for OK State. TCU has a good QB but lost 4 starters with that campus drug bust.

I'd say it looks like West Virginia may be the toughest game for Oklahoma. Phone Post

Thats the problem with OK. They'll lose at least once they shouldn't.
7/8/12 2:47 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swimfan13 - One of my best friends is the back up QB for Penn State I think he'll be starting by week 4! Phone Post
Let's go State!! Phone Post
7/8/12 2:48 PM
chokeyou

Edited: 07/08/12 2:48 PM
NOT MY WORDS. TALKING POINTS 

#15 TCU-The Horned Frogs take a big step up in competition this year moving to the Big 12 after a dominating run in the MW/CUSA which saw them win at least 11 games in seven of the last nine seasons.  While three of their expected returning defensive starters were recently expelled from school, the Horned Frogs on paper seem ready for the challenge returning record-setting QB Casey Pachall, their top three RB’s and their top two WR’s.

#14 Clemson-Yes the 70-33 Orange Bowl loss to West Virginia will hurt the Tigers in the minds of many AP voters but they do return QB Tajh Boyd and the electrifying Sammy Watkins. Dabo Swinney has done a solid job recruiting the past couple of seasons and will bring in new DC Brent Venables from Oklahoma to shore up the defense.

#13 Kansas St-Last year Bill Snyder got my vote for National Coach of the Year and got the most out of his team once again with a 10-win season. This year their best players return on both sides of the ball in QB Collin Klein who accounted for 40 touchdowns last year and LB Arthur Brown who is the vocal leader of an improved Wildcat defense.

#12 Michigan St-The Spartans are a rare example of a team losing their best skill position players in QB Cousins, WR’s Cunningham and Martin and RB Baker on offense but will still be one of the preseason favorites in the Big Ten. They return eight starters back from a defense that allowed just 18.4 ppg (#10 NCAA) and HC Dantonio has led MSU to back-to-back 11-win seasons.

#11 West Virginia-In my January 30th Blog, I had the Mountaineers #10 because at that time they were still a member of the Big East. I did write that if they were to join the Big 12 for 2012 they would be taking a step up in competition and I would lower them a bit and move South Carolina into the #10 spot. With the recent release of the Big 12 schedulesthe Mountaineers still don’t drop too far with the dominating 70-33 Orange bowl win over Clemson still fresh in the minds of many voters. They also return 14 starters including QB Geno Smith who should be more comfortable in his 2nd-year of Dana Holgorsen’s offense.

#10 South Carolina-The Gamecocks were #11 in my last blog, but now move up a spot thanks to WVU’s move to the Big 12 and the fact that HC Spurrier welcomes in another talented incoming frosh class. The Gamecocks do return 13 starters including QB Connor Shaw and get back RB Marcus Lattimore who missed the last six games with a knee injury. They also get last year’s SEC East winner Georgia at home. 

#9 Florida St-The Seminoles were a darkhorse pick for the National Title last year but an injury to QB Manuel saw the Noles drop to 2-3 at one point in the season. FSU would respond to win seven of its last eight games including wins over Florida and Notre Dame in the bowl to cap off the season and this year they return at least 15 starters including QB Manuel and defensive stars DL Jenkins and DB Reid who passed up the NFL to return. FSU looks to also bring in one of the best frosh classes in the country and should clearly be the favorites in the ACC.

7/8/12 3:07 PM
Animal Chin
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chokeyou - 

You had as much as anyone in the country, now you have zero.

if by zero you mean one of the best qbs, one of the best rbs, one of the best wrs, and one of the best tes in the country and a better d than last year, then, yes. i agree.

losing petrino hurts, but it's not like he left the place without anyone worth a shit like houston testicle did.

a monkey could coach the team up there to 8 wins.
7/8/12 3:09 PM
LINDE
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go Utes!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.