UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> OFFICIAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD...

7/8/12 3:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chokeyou
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Chin - 
chokeyou - 

You had as much as anyone in the country, now you have zero.

if by zero you mean one of the best qbs, one of the best rbs, one of the best wrs, and one of the best tes in the country and a better d than last year, then, yes. i agree.

losing petrino hurts, but it's not like he left the place without anyone worth a shit like houston testicle did.

a monkey could coach the team up there to 8 wins.
he

TO 8 WINS YES.. But to the natty? Which i thought you had a legit shot at...no chance
7/8/12 3:25 PM
Animal Chin
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A minimum of 8 wins is pretty good for a team with nothing.

A championship isn't out of the picture, but it's not likely. Wasn't that likely anyway so not much has changed.
7/8/12 3:37 PM
chokeyou

Animal Chin - A minimum of 8 wins is pretty good for a team with nothing.

A championship isn't out of the picture, but it's not likely. Wasn't that likely anyway so not much has changed.

Not sure how you completely missed my point.

ARK is loaded. I thought they had championship aspirations but the lack of continuity due to Bobby's departure will prevent it.
7/8/12 3:49 PM
Animal Chin
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/08/12 3:49 PM
i didn't miss your point. arkansas IS loaded. petrino wasn't going to win a championship with that team. he tried to get some defensive help by hiring the osu coaches, but that wasn't going to be enough in one year.

so, not out of the picture, but not likely, just like when petrino was still the coach.
7/8/12 4:26 PM
TravenBJJ

Arkansas?  LMAO
7/8/12 4:29 PM
Animal Chin

georgia still couldn't beat them.

georgia? lmao.....
7/8/12 4:30 PM
TravenBJJ

Animal Chin - georgia still couldn't beat them.

georgia? lmao.....

SEC title games?
7/8/12 4:32 PM
Animal Chin

arkansas isn't making that.
7/8/12 4:33 PM
TravenBJJ

Animal Chin - arkansas isn't making that.

And if they do they get blasted.   LOL    30-3     38-28
7/8/12 4:34 PM
Swimfan13
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chokeyou -
Swimfan13 - One of my best friends in the back up QB at Penn State I see him being the starter after week 3! Phone Post

OK.. Penn State was barely relevant outside western PA with Joe Pa. And absolutely no one (unless you are a State grad) wants to be associated with the fiery train wreck Penn State has become. I see years of decline for a program that wasn't sexy before they allowed a child prostitution ring on campus.

The fertile recruiting recruiting of western PA is going to be picked out by West Virginia, Notre Dame and especially Ohio State.
Ya it surely doesn't help he's from western PA was ranked pretty high coming out of highschool, hopefully he gets a chance and makes it work Phone Post
7/8/12 4:34 PM
Gnosis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm attending ASU this fall.  How bad do you expect us to be? 
7/8/12 4:35 PM
Animal Chin

TravenBJJ - 

but not by georgia.
7/8/12 4:39 PM
TravenBJJ

Animal Chin - 
TravenBJJ - 

but not by georgia.

Who was that 30-3 score against?
7/8/12 4:41 PM
Animal Chin

was that a houston nutt team? you know he got fired because he couldn't get anyone worth a shit to play for him right?

ask ole mrs.
7/8/12 4:41 PM
TravenBJJ

^^^  He made it to the title game.   Someone must have played for him.
7/8/12 4:46 PM
Animal Chin

yeah, no one.

keep living in the past against arkansas. it's probably for the best.
7/8/12 4:47 PM
TravenBJJ

Animal Chin - yeah, no one.

Probably best for you as well.  New coach is already filing bankruptcy
7/8/12 4:47 PM
keylockarmbar

i hope LSU can get there QB situation under control. without a QB we made title runs. i think(dont quote me) i think we have phil rivers little brother on our team. and i know mussenberger or however you spell it will be beetter than what weve been working with. hell he cant be any worse. what i dont know is why les didnt put him in to throw a few passes when they were losing to bama in the title game. i mean hell hes starting this season and had he thrown in the title game it would at least settle some nerves. imagine if he would have done something great. anyway how do you think LSU will do having a new QB and some real good D?
7/8/12 4:56 PM
Animal Chin

TravenBJJ - 
Animal Chin - yeah, no one.

Probably best for you as well.  New coach is already filing bankruptcy

what?!?! the one year interim coach isn't a bazillionare? oooooohhhhhh nnnoooooooozzzzz!!!!

whatever will the team do now that he can't put gas in the bus????
7/8/12 5:06 PM
Animal Chin

keylockarmbar - i hope LSU can get there QB situation under control. without a QB we made title runs. i think(dont quote me) i think we have phil rivers little brother on our team. and i know mussenberger or however you spell it will be beetter than what weve been working with. hell he cant be any worse. what i dont know is why les didnt put him in to throw a few passes when they were losing to bama in the title game. i mean hell hes starting this season and had he thrown in the title game it would at least settle some nerves. imagine if he would have done something great. anyway how do you think LSU will do having a new QB and some real good D?

i remember when he was black and named ryan perriloux. it was nice of miles to bring him back for another chance.
7/8/12 5:06 PM
Tedrow
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Notre Dame 6-6 FTW!!! Phone Post
7/8/12 6:09 PM
chokeyou

Gnosis -  I'm attending ASU this fall.  How bad do you expect us to be? 

6-7 last year.

You don't have a QB, new coach...

Maybe by your JR year you'll .500
7/8/12 6:21 PM
chokeyou

keylockarmbar - i hope LSU can get there QB situation under control. without a QB we made title runs. i think(dont quote me) i think we have phil rivers little brother on our team. and i know mussenberger or however you spell it will be beetter than what weve been working with. hell he cant be any worse. what i dont know is why les didnt put him in to throw a few passes when they were losing to bama in the title game. i mean hell hes starting this season and had he thrown in the title game it would at least settle some nerves. imagine if he would have done something great. anyway how do you think LSU will do having a new QB and some real good D?

Mettenberger... He's better than last years guys. And you have Stephen Rivers, Phil's bro..

The problem is you don't have anyone who can develop a QB. But you have a great o line and fabulous defense.

last year betting LSU second half was automatic.

Usually, i feel like i can pin point a teams wins and loses pretty well, but with LSU i i have a wide berth. you could win 9 or go 14-0. Natty or OUtback bowl.. lol

Neither would shock me.
7/8/12 6:23 PM
chokeyou

Tedrow - Notre Dame 6-6 FTW!!! Phone Post

They finally play a legit schedule. I see three circle loses and 3 other games they could easily lose.
7/8/12 6:25 PM
chokeyou

TALKING POINTS. I DIDNT MAKE THESE RANKINGS.  

#7 Arkansas-The Razorbacks were #9 in my last blog and I have seen more positive stories about a possible improved defense under a new DC. They have had their most successful B2B seasons since 1988-89 going 22-5 the last two years. This year they return 13 starters including QB Tyler Wilson and will get back 2010 All-SEC RB Knile Davis who was out all of last season with an ankle injury. Last year the Razorbacks lost only two games to the top 2 teams in LSU and Alabama (both on the road) and this year the Crimson Tide and Tigers have to travel to Arkansas. 

#6 Georgia-I was one of the few people in the country last year to pick Georgia to win the SEC East over South Carolina thanks to a favorable SEC slate that had them avoiding Arkansas, LSU and Alabama out of the West and the Bulldogs would not disappoint taking home the SEC East crown. This year they return 15 starters including QB Aaron Murray, leading rusher Isaiah Crowell, their top two rec’s and a 1st-Team All-American candidate on D in OLB Jarvis Jones. They also signed PS#2 RB Keith Marshall (In for spg). Again the Bulldogs AVOID LSU, Alabama and Arkansas out of the SEC West and will be the favorites to repeat as SEC East Champs.  

#5 Oklahoma-The Sooners were the preseason AP #1 team last year and clearly underachieved losing three games including a 44-10 beatdown in Bedlam. They did win their bowl game over Iowa, return 15 starters including QB Landry Jones who will play better than last year’s finish and WR’s Kenny Stills and Jaz Reynolds. HC Bob Stoops brings his brother Mike Stoops to coordinate the D again (DC here when Sooners won national title in 2000) and the Sooners have won at least 10 games in a season 10 times since 2000!  

#4 Oregon-The Ducks have become a fixture among the nation’s elite under HC Chip Kelly with three straight BCS appearances and last year captured their first Rose Bowl win since 1916! While QB Darron Thomas and RB LaMichael James are gone, their replacements are plenty capable as QB Bryan Bennett and RB’s Kenjon Barner and De’Anthony Thomas return with some valuable game experience and the Ducks do not open with a marquee non-conference game like they did last year vs LSU. 

#3 Alabama-The Crimson Tide were my pick to win the National Title last year and they did just that avenging an earlier loss to LSU by dominating the Tigers in the BCS Championship game 21-0. Nick Saban signed yet another Top 5 recruiting class and this year the defending champs return seven starters on offense led by QB AJ McCarron who played magnificently in the title game. While the defense returns only four starters from last year, keep in mind in 2010, the Tide returned only 2 defensive starters and were the Preseason AP #1 team! 

#2 USC-Last year while the probation-stricken Trojans were not eligible to play in the Pac-12 title game, I picked them to be the best team in the South and clearly they were just that going 10-2 (7-2) beating their crosstown rival Bruins who were the de facto Pac-12 South Champs 50-0 in the regular season finale! The Trojans locked up their spot here with the surprising return of QB Matt Barkley who is clearly one of the Heisman favorites in 2012. He will have plenty of skill position talent surrounding him with his top 2 WR’s Robert Woods and Marqise Lee back and 1,000 yd rusher Curtis McNeal also returning.  A case could be made at the end of last season that no team in the country was hotter than USC winning seven of their last eight games with a 3OT loss to Stanford their only blemish. With 15 returning starters, another talented recruiting class albeit only 15 players coming in, the Trojans clearly will be one of the favorites to take home the crystal ball.

#1 LSU-Last year LSU was picked 2nd in the SEC West behind Alabama and would go on to have arguably the best regular season in school history going 13-0 winning the SEC Championship and would beat EIGHT Top 25 teams! While the National Title loss to Alabama still stings, many of the Tigers’ star players return for 2012 including Heisman candidate DB Tyrann Mathieu along with their WR Odell Beckham, Jr and their top 4 rushers. Throw in QB Zach Mettenberger, who Miles said last year was his best pure passing QB and a home game vs Alabama and the fact the SEC has won six straight National Titles and the Tigers will be the favorites!  

There you have it - My projections for the AP Preseason Top 24. As mentioned a couple of times in this article, these WILL NOT BE THE TOP 24 IN MY MAGAZINE. As you know, I tend to go out on a limb in a lot of cases and have a lot of surprise picks in my magazine. Those will be unveiled at the start of June when my magazine hits the newsstands but when the first AP poll comes out in August this year, go ahead and take this list and compare it and you’ll find that probably find at least 23 or maybe even all 24 teams in the Preseason AP Top 25 this year!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.