UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> OFFICIAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD...

7/8/12 6:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MushroomHead
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Trojans will again be bowl eligible this season again, right? And Ohio State will not be, but just for this one season.

Do I have that right? Phone Post
7/8/12 7:30 PM
chokeyou
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MushroomHead - The Trojans will again be bowl eligible this season again, right? And Ohio State will not be, but just for this one season.

Do I have that right? Phone Post

correct and i could see USC wining the national championship
7/8/12 10:43 PM
Byrd

chokeyou,

the BIG XII doesnt play defense ! WVU has a great shot at winning the conference. actually beat the BIG XII champ a few years ago in the Fiesta Bowl, 48-28.

not sure why clemson and uga are ranked so high.

7/8/12 10:48 PM
Mihow
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As always I will be rooting for the first team I ever saw play sports in the US of A (either that or the Marlins ... I can never remember but eh) the Florida State Seminoles. I have to tell this story 30 times a year when people ask why I root for a college team that I never went to (its a fair question)
7/9/12 8:16 AM
cthlcschlgrl
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chokeyou - 
cthlcschlgrl - Go Huskers! Phone Post

after a year of transition, i like the Huskers this year. BUt the lack offensive identity is going to be a problem again

I'd agree with that...
7/9/12 8:19 AM
cthlcschlgrl
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TravenBJJ - 
Animal Chin - yeah, no one.

keep living in the past against arkansas. it's probably for the best.

Probably best for you as well.  New coach is already filing bankruptcy

* gets popcorn *
7/9/12 8:39 AM
ZeRoTZ
1573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to see my Gamecocks get some talk. Diehard fan here Phone Post
7/9/12 8:54 AM
awesomestprime
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard UGA lost Crowell but what else has happened to say the "wheels have fallen off"?

I've been working like crazy so I have no idea whats been going on. Phone Post
7/9/12 9:13 AM
rufus
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cthlcschlgrl - Go Huskers! Phone Post
LOL!

*shakes head* Phone Post
7/9/12 9:49 AM
TravenBJJ

awesomestprime -  I heard UGA lost Crowell but what else has happened to say the "wheels have fallen off"?

Nothing.  Boo Malcolm is still there as is Samuel.  We also signed the number 1 RB in the country last year Keith Marshall and another top 10 RB Todd Gurley.
7/9/12 9:59 AM
cthlcschlgrl

rufus - 
cthlcschlgrl - Go Huskers! Phone Post
LOL!

*shakes head* Phone Post

SHUT IT PIPSQUEAK.

7/9/12 10:39 AM
chokeyou

Byrd - chokeyou,

the BIG XII doesnt play defense ! WVU has a great shot at winning the conference. actually beat the BIG XII champ a few years ago in the Fiesta Bowl, 48-28.

UGA had the best talent in the SEC east as of Jan 31st. Today, not so much. SEC honks are going to hate me for this, but the culture and the coaching down there hurts them. Yesm they have insane talent and depth but primitive coaching hurts them. With Crowell (sp) Georgia could run the hell out of the ball and roll most teams. Without they are still loaded, but a notch below where they were.

i will do a longer breakdown on Clem in a couple hours. BUt they are a money team this year. They'll put up 60 three times this year.
7/9/12 10:40 AM
chokeyou

Mihow - As always I will be rooting for the first team I ever saw play sports in the US of A (either that or the Marlins ... I can never remember but eh) the Florida State Seminoles. I have to tell this story 30 times a year when people ask why I root for a college team that I never went to (its a fair question)

i will do a more comprehensive breakdown on them as well in a few. They are in a group of teams i could see in the natty. But they have a few warts..
7/9/12 10:41 AM
TravenBJJ

chokeyou - 
Byrd - chokeyou,

UGA had the best talent in the SEC east as of Jan 31st. Today, not so much. SEC honks are going to hate me for this, but the culture and the coaching down there hurts them. Yesm they have insane talent and depth but primitive coaching hurts them. With Crowell (sp) Georgia could run the hell out of the ball and roll most teams. Without they are still loaded, but a notch below where they were.

i will do a longer breakdown on Clem in a couple hours. BUt they are a money team this year. They'll put up 60 three times this year.

You do realize that there was a great chance that Crowell was not going to start anyway don't you?    I do think coaching hurts UGA a little bit.   
7/9/12 10:42 AM
chokeyou

awesomestprime - I heard UGA lost Crowell but what else has happened to say the "wheels have fallen off"?

well..

Brandon Burrows decides to transfer from UGA

Posted by John Taylor on July 6, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT

AP
Late last month, running back Isaiah Crowell "left" the Georgia football program. A week or so later, a player on the other side of the ball has left UGA as well, although under entirely different circumstances.

In a release, UGA announced that linebacker Brandon Burrows has decided to transfer from the Bulldogs. As is most times the case when it comes to Mark Richt, Burrows was given an unconditional release.

The decision seems to have come down to two factors: one, Burrows seeking an opportunity for more playing time and, two, more playing time in a 4-3 system.

When defensive coordinator Todd Grantham came to UGA following the 2009 season, he was impetus for the installation of a 3-4 that has transformed the Bulldogs into one of the top defenses in the country. Grantham was hired in mid-January of 2010; Burrows signed with the Bulldogs a little over two weeks later as a member of UGA's 2010 recruiting class.

After two years of attempting to adapt, Burrows feels his skillset is conducive to being a 4-3 defensive end more so than a 3-4 linebacker.

"I came out of high school playing the defensive end position in a 4-3 defense which is what I truly love," said Burrows in a statement. "The coaching change here led to a 3-4 defense. I have worked with that transition but decided that I want to get back to playing defensive end. I think another program may give me the best opportunity to succeed at that.

"I'm eternally gratefully for the opportunity Coach Richt has given me at UGA and for the fact that he gave me an unconditional release. I know I'll be hard-pressed to find a group of coaches and players that will develop into the leaders and friends that I have known here in Athens."

After redshirting as a true freshman, Burrows missed the 2011 season with a shoulder injury. As a three-star member of UGA's '10 class coming out of Marietta, Ga., Burrows was rated as the No. 28 strongside end by Rivals.com.

"Brandon is an outstanding person, student-athlete and has a wonderful family," said Richt. "We've enjoyed having him as part of our program and will provide whatever assistance we can in his transition. I am completely understanding of his decision and wish him nothing but the best."

7/9/12 10:44 AM
TravenBJJ

You do realize he did not get any playing time don't you?   So a guy that never played transferring is a big deal?
7/9/12 10:47 AM
chokeyou

AP,

I realize you will excuse away a series of small stories, but losing the focus of roughly 300 offensive snaps discombobulates the entire team. These are children. 20 year olds who don't have the wherewithal to overcome these types of disruptions. Georgia will be very good, they won't go undefeated and won't make it to the SEC title game.
7/9/12 10:49 AM
TravenBJJ

I think it is awesome that you "know football" yet think Burrows transferring is a big deal.  90% of Big Time DI schools have someone that transfers every single year
7/9/12 10:52 AM
TravenBJJ

Alabama is done.  Phillip Sims transferred.  20 year olds will not be able to handle this

The questions that have surrounded the future of Phillip Sims at Alabama will finally come to a halt, as he announced his intention to transfer on Friday. 

Sims has not announced the school he intends to enroll in, but in his statement in the press release issued by the Crimson Tide’s media relations department, he stated the desire to move closer to his hometown of Chesapeake, Va.

Had Sims stayed, Nick Saban would have enjoyed the luxury of having one of the country’s most talented backup quarterbacks.

7/9/12 10:57 AM
LINDE
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utah seemingly replaces 2 Linebackers a year, if we can get by just fine, I'm pretty sure UGA will too.
7/9/12 11:06 AM
Byrd

chokeyou - 
Byrd - chokeyou,

the sec least is a joke (georgias speed will be too much for boise). clemson putting up 60? hard to believe, what i can believe is WVU putting up 70 on them.
7/9/12 11:13 AM
awesomestprime
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGA will have a great year IMO. Carolina will give us a great game. They seem to have UGA's number. It's a toss up IMO. But they have the easiest schedule I can remember.

My son just got back from the youth camp at UGA and still does speed and agility with Tavares King. TK says the offense is clicking better then he's ever seen it.

LSU or Bama will bring the pain to whoever they play in the SEC championship though.

September's coming fast. Phone Post
7/9/12 11:33 AM
chokeyou

TravenBJJ -  You do realize he did not get any playing time don't you?   So a guy that never played transferring is a big deal?

yes.
7/9/12 11:34 AM
TravenBJJ

LMAO
7/9/12 11:36 AM
chokeyou

TravenBJJ -  Alabama is done.  Phillip Sims transferred.  20 year olds will not be able to handle this

The questions that have surrounded the future of Phillip Sims at Alabama will finally come to a halt, as he announced his intention to transfer on Friday. 

Sims has not announced the school he intends to enroll in, but in his statement in the press release issued by the Crimson Tide's media relations department, he stated the desire to move closer to his hometown of Chesapeake, Va.

Had Sims stayed, Nick Saban would have enjoyed the luxury of having one of the country's most talented backup quarterbacks.

Alabama will be very, very good. Not last year good however. The D will still be strong and the O will be much improved.

In this particular case the aforementioned transfer will have zero impact.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.