UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> OFFICIAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD...

12/2/12 12:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
formerspook
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bam57Bam - Honestly im surprised Alabama is in the NC. The defense is way dawn this year.

Also gotta give props to K state.

If I had a vote it'd be Collin Klein first and Ta'o(sp) second. Phone Post
I 100% agree with you, and I'm a ND fan. I like Klein. One shitty post concussion game against Baylor shouldn't have him drop from first to 3rd. That being said, I think the NCG is gonna be awesome. Phone Post
12/2/12 12:36 PM
formerspook
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, Stanford was a huge surprise to me. Didn't expect them to do so well with Luck gone. I'm fairly certain they'll work Wisconsin at the Rose Bowl. Phone Post
12/2/12 12:37 PM
HernanCortes
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heisman will be Manziel no doubt.
Klein isn't even close when it comes to best qb. And it doesn't matter about record (see RG3)

Manziel also broke cam and Tebows most yards records in SEC in less games played!

No way he will lose this heisman to Klein (who is mediocre at best). I'd take Braxton Miller over Klein as well. And how about the kid from WV (Not geno but Austin).

1 . Manziel
2. Te o
3. Miller
4.Klein Phone Post
12/2/12 12:48 PM
Bam57Bam
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the award can go to an entire O-line I'd say the starting five for Bama should be standing on the stage accepting the trophy.

Those boys have been dominant all year. Phone Post
12/2/12 12:50 PM
Bam57Bam
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

formerspook - Also, Stanford was a huge surprise to me. Didn't expect them to do so well with Luck gone. I'm fairly certain they'll work Wisconsin at the Rose Bowl. Phone Post
Forgot about Stanford. I was thinking maybe 7-5 for them this year.

I love watching them play smashmouth football. Phone Post
12/2/12 1:03 PM
formerspook

HernanCortes - Heisman will be Manziel no doubt.
Klein isn't even close when it comes to best qb. And it doesn't matter about record (see RG3)

Manziel also broke cam and Tebows most yards records in SEC in less games played!

No way he will lose this heisman to Klein (who is mediocre at best). I'd take Braxton Miller over Klein as well. And how about the kid from WV (Not geno but Austin).

1 . Manziel
2. Te o
3. Miller
4.Klein Phone Post
The one thing that bothers me about Manziel is the reason why everyone is talking about him. He makes those exciting plays because he's so indecisive in the pocket. His protection breaks down because he struggles to find who to throw to. Not saying he isn't good, but he also gets twice the coverage because he plays in the SEC. The Aggies don't live and die on the arm of their QB like KState does. Without Klein, KState is 6-6 at best. Phone Post
12/2/12 1:04 PM
Mata_Leon
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HernanCortes -  Heisman will be Manziel no doubt.

1 . Manziel
2. Te o
3. Miller
4.Klein Phone Post

I don't think the voters will give it to a freshman. Although Manziel did very well this year, and probably deserves the trophy, I think someone would have to do something almost inhuman to get it as a freshman. There have been a lot of great freshman efforts in the past that have been overlooked as well. Not to take anything away from him but tbh, the only reason people are even talking about him to possibly take it home is this season's candidates are pretty weak and there is no clear cut winner. I think it will either go to Klein or Teo with Klein having the edge because he is on the offensive side of the ball.

If I were voting, my list would be the same as yours but with Miller and Klein swapped.

12/2/12 1:04 PM
formerspook

That being said, TAandM don't beat 'Bama without Johnny Football Phone Post
12/2/12 1:09 PM
Matrixkick
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bam57Bam - If the award can go to an entire O-line I'd say the starting five for Bama should be standing on the stage accepting the trophy.

Great point. They are like the wall that separates north and south on Game of Thrones! Lol

I'm obviously bias toward JFF but if Klein were to win the award I wouldn't be upset. Great kid and a damn good QB.

Stanford was also a great pick for surprise but I'm gonna have to go with the SEC. Two "power programs" have completely vanished as well as ATM coming in and making a name for themselves. And is it just me or is the Big 10 down this year?

And I just don't see Notre Dame beating Bama. I know it could happen but I'll be shocked. I'd actually like to see ND play some SEC schools in the coming reg seasons. Great traditions! Phone Post
12/2/12 1:16 PM
Matrixkick
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

formerspook - That being said, TAandM don't beat 'Bama without Johnny Football Phone Post
Yeah I know that's right. Honestly we did live and die by him. FOR SURE! He's a risk but some risks are worth taking.

The thing that I think about is one name: Adrain Peterson. He SHOULD have won it his freshman year but he was a "freshman". He was the best most outstanding player that year and got robbed IMO. And the rest is history. Injuries and not duplicating that season again = no heisman. Phone Post
12/2/12 1:37 PM
Bam57Bam

Mata_Leon -
HernanCortes -  Heisman will be Manziel no doubt.

1 . Manziel
2. Te o
3. Miller
4.Klein Phone Post

I don't think the voters will give it to a freshman. Although Manziel did very well this year, and probably deserves the trophy, I think someone would have to do something almost inhuman to get it as a freshman. There have been a lot of great freshman efforts in the past that have been overlooked as well. Not to take anything away from him but tbh, the only reason people are even talking about him to possibly take it home is this season's candidates are pretty weak and there is no clear cut winner. I think it will either go to Klein or Teo with Klein having the edge because he is on the offensive side of the ball.

If I were voting, my list would be the same as yours but with Miller and Klein swapped.

Miller has had some avg stats right? Maybe its their offence I'm thinking about. Phone Post
12/2/12 3:15 PM
UGK4Life
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next year Bulldogs. They played well, went out on their shield. I don't say "we" when referring to my favorite team. The Only acceptable way to say "We" when referring to your favorite team is if you graduated from the school. Any other time you sound like a douche. I am a Scarlet Knight though!
12/2/12 5:11 PM
Bam57Bam

Matrixkick -
Bam57Bam - If the award can go to an entire O-line I'd say the starting five for Bama should be standing on the stage accepting the trophy.

Great point. They are like the wall that separates north and south on Game of Thrones! Lol

I'm obviously bias toward JFF but if Klein were to win the award I wouldn't be upset. Great kid and a damn good QB.

Stanford was also a great pick for surprise but I'm gonna have to go with the SEC. Two "power programs" have completely vanished as well as ATM coming in and making a name for themselves. And is it just me or is the Big 10 down this year?

And I just don't see Notre Dame beating Bama. I know it could happen but I'll be shocked. I'd actually like to see ND play some SEC schools in the coming reg seasons. Great traditions! Phone Post
The SEC /ND catchups would be awesome. If ND feels they're ready for it. Personally I believe they are.

They have some big, fast men in their front seven. Anyone know how much ND is losing to the pro's/graduation this year. Phone Post
12/2/12 5:19 PM
Losmeister
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matrixkick - 
formerspook - That being said, TAandM don't beat 'Bama without Johnny Football Phone Post
Yeah I know that's right. Honestly we did live and die by him. FOR SURE! He's a risk but some risks are worth taking.

The thing that I think about is one name: Adrain Peterson. He SHOULD have won it his freshman year but he was a "freshman". He was the best most outstanding player that year and got robbed IMO. And the rest is history. Injuries and not duplicating that season again = no heisman. Phone Post

I dont think so. That voting wasnt even that close and AP barely beat out his own teammate. Leinart was the best player on the best team that year, and proved he deserved it by demolishing Okie in the BCSNC.
12/2/12 6:24 PM
HernanCortes
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manziel will win it. He is a red shirt freshman, and it is different when a freshman beats a ton of records like Manziel has in his first year Phone Post
12/3/12 9:01 AM
Jozy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As the season winds down slowly just wanted to thank chokeyou. Great thread dude and it would be a shame not to have it again next year Phone Post
12/3/12 9:15 AM
formerspook

Jozy - As the season winds down slowly just wanted to thank chokeyou. Great thread dude and it would be a shame not to have it again next year Phone Post
Poor guy abandoned his own thread months ago. I know how frustrating a season is when your team is having a really shitty year. Still an awesome thread. Phone Post
12/3/12 10:17 AM
boomtown
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some craptacular bowl matchups this year. Besides the NCG, nothing looks really interesting to me.
12/3/12 10:54 AM
Mata_Leon
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

formerspook - 
Jozy - As the season winds down slowly just wanted to thank chokeyou. Great thread dude and it would be a shame not to have it again next year Phone Post
Poor guy abandoned his own thread months ago. I know how frustrating a season is when your team is having a really shitty year. Still an awesome thread. Phone Post

It is pretty interesting watching threads like this during the season. Everyone comes in all excited with the thought "this is the year for my team" and then slowly, or quickly, they lose interest as their teams start to lose. I absolutely love college football and I can get excited about any team/game. I think that comes from rooting for a team that has been shitty for so long. I was graduating when the Gamecocks went 0-21 and tbh, the team was never that good before or after that (until very recently). I had to watch other teams if I wanted to see football on Saturdays because the Gamecocks were never on tv. People that root for teams that were good when they were in school or that have been good over a long period, tend to be fair weather fans and/or not really interested in college football beyond their own team.

It is actually something you can see with some of the new USC students unfortunately. Spurrier has been around long enough and the Gamecocks have higher expectations coming into each season. The people that didn't suffer through the bad old days pretty much gave up after the LSU loss. After the UF loss a lot of newer fans pretty much felt the season was over and we could lose out for all they cared.

12/3/12 12:02 PM
Bam57Bam

I don't get that. I sat through some bad games as a kid and student at UA. I guess if u grew up a fan for years that passion never leaves. Phone Post
12/3/12 2:05 PM
Losmeister
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boomtown - Some craptacular bowl matchups this year. Besides the NCG, nothing looks really interesting to me.

Most suck ass, but that Fiesta Bowl will be a great game to watch.
12/3/12 8:00 PM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bam57Bam - 
formerspook -
Bam57Bam -
SmasherSnu -
formerspook - 
boomtown - I really like Te'o but he's not even the best defensive player. If he wins the Heisman, it will not only damage the integrity of the award (what's left of it), but it's also an insult to Te'o by pampering him like a baby.
Not sure if serious. Phone Post

He really isn't the best defensive player. I can think of 3 off the top of my head: Bacari Rambo, Jarvis Jones, and Jadeveon Clowney are all better.
Rambo? Are you serious?

Guess you didn't watch him play last night. Phone Post
Ignore the troll. He's unaware that there's no longer a Confederacy. Phone Post
In fact, both those Georgia players looked like shit last night. Phone Post

In possibly the most important game of the season, Te'O only had 4 tackles...one shitty game doesn't equal a shitty season. Jadeveon Clowney hasn't had a bad game all season. In fact, his worst was against Tennessee where he was controlled the entire game by a sophomore, and still managed to make a game changing play at the end of the game when they needed it.
12/3/12 8:08 PM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SmasherSnu - 
Bam57Bam - 
formerspook -
Bam57Bam -
SmasherSnu -
formerspook - 
boomtown - I really like Te'o but he's not even the best defensive player. If he wins the Heisman, it will not only damage the integrity of the award (what's left of it), but it's also an insult to Te'o by pampering him like a baby.

He really isn't the best defensive player. I can think of 3 off the top of my head: Bacari Rambo, Jarvis Jones, and Jadeveon Clowney are all better.
Rambo? Are you serious?

In possibly the most important game of the season, Te'O only had 4 tackles...one shitty game doesn't equal a shitty season. Jadeveon Clowney hasn't had a bad game all season. In fact, his worst was against Tennessee where he was controlled the entire game by a sophomore, and still managed to make a game changing play at the end of the game when they needed it.

I would like to point out that I am a Tennessee fan, But ND has been my number two team since I was about 8 and watched Rudy for the first time. Te'O is good, but he won't even win the Bednarik award.
12/3/12 8:12 PM
pickledsoylentgreen80cent
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Losmeister -
boomtown - Some craptacular bowl matchups this year. Besides the NCG, nothing looks really interesting to me.

Most suck ass, but that Fiesta Bowl will be a great game to watch.
No shit. Also OU vs A&M. Phone Post
12/3/12 8:57 PM
Bam57Bam

SmasherSnu -
SmasherSnu - 
Bam57Bam - 
formerspook -
Bam57Bam -
SmasherSnu -
formerspook - 

Rambo? Are you serious?

I would like to point out that I am a Tennessee fan, But ND has been my number two team since I was about 8 and watched Rudy for the first time. Te'O is good, but he won't even win the Bednarik award.
I don't recall anyone saying he WOULD win but as far as D players he would be the only one in my top 5 of the Hsmn. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.