UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Who should I keep in my league?

7/7/12 8:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
da Vinci 81
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So in my league we keep three players from last year: 1 per position. My QB is Rodgers so that’s an easy decision but after that my choices at RB and WR get a little tricky.

At RB: Jamaal Charles or Darren McFadden

Charles – Was my original choice but I’m worried about his knee hampering his production plus with Hillis on board he might lose the goal line touches.

McFadden – Now the feature back which is great but his injury history is a HUGE concern.

At WR: Larry Fitzgerald or Mike Wallace or Julio Jones

Fitz – Would be my pick but with Kolb as the starter his numbers were only average under him last year. Skelton at least force fed him the ball and got him points.

Wallace – Got double teamed a lot last year plus lost looks to Antonio Brown in the last half of the year. Don’t know if that will keep up this year or not.

Jones – Put up some big numbers in a few games last year but is still second fiddle to White. I’m honestly leaning toward him because either this year or the next he should take over as the #1 WR and he has huge upside going forward.

So, who would everyone else choose?
7/9/12 7:32 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are your options if you choose not to keep a RB or WR?
7/9/12 8:38 PM
da Vinci 81
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe a decent TE. I have Davis and Cook, but they're not as valuable as any of the guys listed. Other than that I'd be looking at keeping a Defense but I can wait till the later rounds to grab one.
7/10/12 2:04 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you keep a player, does that count as an early round draft pick? Essentially, I'm trying to find out what your options at RB and WR would be if you didn't keep McFadden or Fitzgerald. Keep those guys if you can't do better in the draft.
7/10/12 4:16 PM
Caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
 Mcfadden (And I really like Charles too) So this is hard. I just haven't seen Charles for any extended period of a season rushing. He has almost always shared carries.The footage I have seen he is super fast and can take it to the house at any time though. He was a top 4 pick last year. With that said, Mcfadden is a beast when healthy and I like his upside potential more with getting the rock most of the time. You have to always be scared of injuries with him though. I would roll the dice with him over Charles if I had the choice. It's close with these 2. 

I would have to stay with Fitz. You nailed it when talking about Wallace... Antonio was stealling balls from him later in the year... and Julio is good but just hasn't proven himself completely. You have to go with the sure thing and that is Fitz. 

7/10/12 7:24 PM
da Vinci 81

419 - If you keep a player, does that count as an early round draft pick? Essentially, I'm trying to find out what your options at RB and WR would be if you didn't keep McFadden or Fitzgerald. Keep those guys if you can't do better in the draft.

Well, it's a 12 team league so everyone keeps three players so virtually every top ten at RB and WR will be kept on a team save for a few. And I'm the 11th pick in the draft so anyone elite that had to be let go will be scooped up before I get my first pick anyway.
7/10/12 7:34 PM
da Vinci 81

Caleb - thanks.

I agree with basically everything you said choosing McFadden over Charles, and I'm a huge Charles fan as well. I legitimately thought he could lead the league in rushing last year because of how good he is. Both are risk/reward but I think McFadden's reward could be just a little higher now because he's the clear feature back.

How do you feel about Kolb this year? Do you think last year's bad showing was just a case of not enough time in training camp or is he going to be a decent QB going forward?
8/3/12 4:39 PM
Caleb
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
da Vinci 81 - Caleb - thanks.

How do you feel about Kolb this year? Do you think last year's bad showing was just a case of not enough time in training camp or is he going to be a decent QB going forward?

No, Kolb really does suck! He had some decent games filling in for Vick in Philly and then made bank because of that. IMO he is not a good QB. I was torn on your picks between Julio and Fitz. Technically Fits is top 3 at WR skills wise but how much can he do with Kolb at the helm? With that said, he was still a top 5 WR in fantasy points in 2011. I try to lean towards the sure thing and Fitz is it, but Julio has huge upside potential and is very young. Also, having White on the team helps keep the double teams off Julio as much. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.