UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> what's all this worth?

7/8/12 4:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
siouxNYC
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so my buddy (a fellow UGer who shall remain unnamed) was over watching the ufc last night, and i showed him some things i had accumulated over the years as an mma journalist. he said they might have some value, that a collector might be interested in them, and he suggested i come to this part of board and see what you guys have to say. note: i am not a memorabilia guy, nor am i collector, and i don't have an e-bay account. but i wouldn't mind unloading this stuff if it's worth something, so...

1. programs for ufc's 31, 32, 33 and 34.
2. press kits for ufc's 32, 40, 41 and 42. the kit for 32 is just photocopied pages - it was early on in zuffa's tenure and i guess they didn't give a shit. but the press kits for 40, 41 and 42 have cd-roms and mini-posters and shit.
3. press kit for the bodogfight event where eddie alvarez fought matt lee. that one has the "clash of nations" dvd, which i think was their ppv (did lindland fight fedor in that one?).
4. elitexc press kits for their heat and primetime events. it's essentially just photocopied shit. i think gary shaw was more concerned about paying kimbo's salary.
5. the press kit for m-1 global's announcement that they were coming to the US. big fucking deal, i know.
6. 2 copies of the ufc's 2001 marketing book. this was that thing they did with carmen elektra and a bunch of ufc fighters. this version has randy couture on it - i know that randy entered into some contract issues with the ufc at the time, so subsequent printings of this booklet had him airbrushed out.
7. a shitload of press credentials. i'm actually not willing to part with these, but i am wondering what they're worth. there are 11 ufc's in there, plus a bunch of bodogs, ifl's, bellators, strikeforces, elitexcs, and more ring of combats than humanly possible. all told, it's a few hundred press creds.

all this stuff is not in mint condition, but it's at least between excellent and good condition. again, i'm not a collector - this is just stuff that's sat on my shelf for the past decade.

and i have pics of everything.
7/8/12 4:37 PM
Sofa King Cool
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, ttt Phone Post
7/8/12 4:39 PM
siouxNYC
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/8/12 4:40 PM
siouxNYC

7/8/12 4:43 PM
siouxNYC

7/8/12 4:44 PM
PTSandman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interested in the 2001 Marketing book.
7/8/12 4:52 PM
siouxNYC

PTSandman - Interested in the 2001 Marketing book.

ok. then how does this work? do you pm me an offer? i was hoping to get some insight into the value of these things - if they indeed have any.
7/8/12 4:57 PM
Dawggy
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/08/12 4:57 PM
Very interested in your strikeforce heavyweight grand prix credential pass. If you are willing to come off that, let me know. I was at that event and would really like to obtain it.
7/8/12 5:03 PM
the chip guy

i'd think your passes have the most value, but everything else $30-$100 per item maybe? but that's all depending on how much you value them.
7/8/12 5:09 PM
siouxNYC

the chip guy -  i'd think your passes have the most value, but everything else $30-$100 per item maybe? but that's all depending on how much you value them.

how much do you think the passes are worth? again, i'm not willing to part with those, as they have sentimental value and they're something i'd like to pass on to my daughter when i croak. but i'm curious...
7/8/12 5:24 PM
the chip guy

$30-$50 per each of the UFC's less for the others but you never know... if someone went to the event they might pull out all the stop and pay stupid money to get one.

If you ever want to move your double of Mercer vs Kimbo i'd give you $20 for it ;)
7/8/12 5:30 PM
CoopDiddy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTSandman - Interested in the 2001 Marketing book.

I would be interested in the other one. Just PM me what you are wanting for it or what you might be selling it for to PT and yea.
7/8/12 5:42 PM
ricksongjj

Dawggy - Very interested in your strikeforce heavyweight grand prix credential pass. If you are willing to come off that, let me know. I was at that event and would really like to obtain it.

Damn you,I just noticed that.
7/8/12 5:48 PM
ricksongjj

If you decide to sell your passes and Dawggy doesnt buy the SF GP I love to have it and one of the Bodog Fight passes.
7/8/12 5:48 PM
hunto21

Not like he is selling it...
7/8/12 5:52 PM
ricksongjj

What???
7/8/12 6:23 PM
hunto21

I just mean he has stated multiple times in this thread that he has no desire to sell them. So it's kind of a mute point.
7/8/12 6:26 PM
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm interested in the 2001 marketing book if you don't have them sold already. Can't pm you though, says only friends/pros.
7/8/12 6:36 PM
siouxNYC

my email is j i m g e n i a 1 at y a h o o dot c o m.
7/8/12 6:42 PM
CoopDiddy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Message sent!
7/8/12 6:47 PM
siouxNYC

one thing i neglected to mention re: the m-1 global press kit is that it came with a dvd called "absolute fedor". the box is still in its plastic and the writing is in french, but it looks to be a collection of fedor's fights in PRIDE and RINGS.

that whole press conference took place in nyc, and monte cox was there in a suit, saying how he was working with them. oh, and fedor was there, too.
7/8/12 7:29 PM
SamboReigns
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm interested in some items, message sent.
7/8/12 8:25 PM
siouxNYC

okay, the ufc 32 and 40 press kits are gone.  honestly, folks, i'm just try to ascertain the value of this stuff - and some of your offers are way up and down the spectrum.  anyhoo, here's another pic of the aformentioned m-1 global press kit with fedor dvd.

7/8/12 8:26 PM
Dawggy
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember seeing one of those kits on ebay a while back. I don't remember for sure, but I think it was being sold for around 30-40 and I don't remember if it ever sold.
7/8/12 8:27 PM
hunto21

People here don't care about helping you ascertain values...They want your stuff!!! Half kidding/half serious

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.