UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> what's all this worth?

7/10/12 6:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
armbarheelhook
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightpimp -  lol hunto, welcome to my world, it happens all the time. and i have been seeing a trend on mem ug... a member can't get a seller to sell cheap so they tell them they can "make the most money" on ebay. its a small world guys, word travels faster than you think.
yup.. its a small world... still really shitty what that one guy did to you. atleast you didnt look at his entire pics he sent you.

Send him a bill for your lost time & his ignorance!! keke

These ppl are just giving money away to ebay and paypal fees for stuff that is really a small niche market of collectors for imo. Phone Post
7/10/12 6:35 PM
hunto21
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not mad at all. As I said I don't want any of it. Except maybe the strikeforce pass just to hold over dawggy's head. I just think what you did is lame. You should have just ebay'd them from the start instead of wasting people's time.
7/10/12 6:40 PM
fightpimp

hunto21 - You should have just ebay'd them from the start instead of wasting people's time.
this.

sioux didn't want to stick it dry and risk chaffing. he wanted to get us all hot and bothered so we could frenzy on ebay. lol. the lurkers most likely will use their alter-ego ebay accounts and bid for the hills.
7/10/12 6:43 PM
siouxNYC
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hunto21 - Not mad at all. As I said I don't want any of it. Except maybe the strikeforce pass just to hold over dawggy's head. I just think what you did is lame. You should have just ebay'd them from the start instead of wasting people's time.

why would i go to ebay first when i had never been there before, yet have come to this board since its inception and trust the opinions of those on it? of course i'm coming to you guys first.
7/10/12 6:47 PM
siouxNYC
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightpimp - 
hunto21 - You should have just ebay'd them from the start instead of wasting people's time.
this.

sioux didn't want to stick it dry and risk chaffing. he wanted to get us all hot and bothered so we could frenzy on ebay. lol. the lurkers most likely will use their alter-ego ebay accounts and bid for the hills.

so not true. i'm not gaming you guys. i came to you all for valuation, heard some offers, accepted one, and made a decision based on the other offers to enter a broader market. is there some sort of obligation i don't know about that i'm not meeting?
7/10/12 6:55 PM
hunto21

I don't think you understand that the only people who are gonna be bidding on your shit are dudes who already post here. The only thing eBay does is possibly get two of us in a bidding war, but your stuff isn't high end enough for that.
7/10/12 6:55 PM
Dawggy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hunto21 - Not mad at all. As I said I don't want any of it. Except maybe the strikeforce pass just to hold over dawggy's head. I just think what you did is lame. You should have just ebay'd them from the start instead of wasting people's time.
I've got a fedor vs silva poster signed by all 8 original participants. Interested? :) Phone Post
7/10/12 6:57 PM
fightpimp

if you are asking for a buyer for an evaluation i think that is wrong when you dont plan on selling to to them UNLESS you specifically say that you will be selling on ebay ANYWAY...

if you said that, i guarantee most if not all here would have just told you to ebay it and see. why does it matter if somebody (us) put a value on it first??? simply announcing it will be on ebay would acheive the same results without wasting everybody's time.

if you dont mind me asking what did you sell (to a member here) and for how much?
7/10/12 7:59 PM
hunto21

Dawggy, I'll trade you the pass for it.
7/10/12 8:17 PM
Dawggy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hunto21 - Dawggy, I'll trade you the pass for it.
Deal. I'll mail your poster when it arrives. Phone Post
7/10/12 8:20 PM
CoopDiddy
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess this now makes it exciting too see if what I offered was high or low. And to possibly laugh about it..
7/10/12 8:25 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
THREAD HIJACK TIME!!! THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT. DON'T BE A PUSSY, PUT THAT SHIT UP AND ROLL THE DICE!!!

Pride Bushido 6 B3:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150854400491#ht_2462wt_1398
7/10/12 8:25 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 ^^^ no reserve, free shipping and it starts at a penny
7/10/12 9:05 PM
Jump Kick
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/10/12 9:09 PM
 SiouxNYC, how dare you ask people what your stuff is worth before offering it for sale to the public.  FOR SHAME!!! 

Don't know what the stuff is worth (Your original question) but I believe the 2001 promo books are very rare and highly collectable.  Some of those programs don't come up all that much from what I've seen, and the promo packs would be a great addition to the collections of a serious fan, as people have said, especially if they attended the events.  Good luck.

-jk

7/10/12 9:14 PM
siouxNYC

fightpimp -  if you are asking for a buyer for an evaluation i think that is wrong when you dont plan on selling to to them UNLESS you specifically say that you will be selling on ebay ANYWAY...

if you said that, i guarantee most if not all here would have just told you to ebay it and see. why does it matter if somebody (us) put a value on it first??? simply announcing it will be on ebay would acheive the same results without wasting everybody's time.

if you dont mind me asking what did you sell (to a member here) and for how much?

as per my original post, i came here with no intention of going to ebay. and it matters what value you guys put on the stuff because you all would have a far better inkling as to what value it has than i would. the range of the offers i got for the stuff, as well as the number of offers, is what precipitated the ebay decision. nothing more.

i won't say who i sold the stuff to, but i will say that it's someone who did me a kindness in the past on this board. i had a book published, he was interested in reading a copy, i sent him one, and he reviewed it here (and on amazon). our prior positive interactions were enough to make his already appetizing offer irresistible.
7/10/12 9:15 PM
siouxNYC

CoopDiddy - I guess this now makes it exciting too see if what I offered was high or low. And to possibly laugh about it..

we'll laugh together, coop. (although maybe my laughter will be mixed with tears.)
7/10/12 9:16 PM
siouxNYC

Jump Kick -  SiouxNYC, how dare you ask people what your stuff is worth before offering it for sale to the public.  FOR SHAME!!! 

Don't know what the stuff is worth (Your original question) but I believe the 2001 promo books are very rare and highly collectable.  Some of those programs don't come up all that much from what I've seen, and the promo packs would be a great addition to the collections of a serious fan, as people have said, especially if they attended the events.  Good luck.

-jk

thanks, man.
7/11/12 12:03 AM
kimuralock

Link to ebay?
7/11/12 12:12 AM
siouxNYC

kimuralock -  Link to ebay?

Crap, I'm on my Kindle Fire now and can't post a link. My username is "mmajournalist" though, if that helps.
7/22/12 1:13 PM
siouxNYC

Edited: 07/22/12 1:14 PM
okay, i did one round with ebay and sold some stuff. i want to thank all those who helped, and as a token of my appreciation:

-dawggy, i still can't part with my strikeforce press cred, but if you want the lanyard, it's yours free of charge. just pm me your address and i'll mail it.

-the chip guy, since i have an extra kimbo vs. mercer press cred, i will ship one to you free of charge. pm me your address too. i'm keeping the one that has my name on it, but you can have the one that has my wife's name.

i still have more stuff to get rid of, and ebay apparently has a monthly limit (plus, going to ebay really brought out the clowns - one guy kept hounding me to sell him everything offline because hours before the auctions ended bids were at 99 cents; another goof won the auction for the water-damaged ufc marketing thing, but then said he didn't want it and could i give him the non-water-damaged one instead). i ended up working with a few really cool, helpful people, but anyway, here's me offering you guys first crack at this other stuff.

-i don't know what this thing would be called, so i'll describe the parts: at ufc 40 they were giving out these medium-sized black felt pouches (with "ufc" on them). contained therein are two decks of playing cards - one with tito ortiz on them, the other with ken shamrock on them. these are still in their wrappers. there are also four black ufc dice, and then there's a smaller felt pouch which contains three ufc 40 poker chips (still in their wrapper). for some reason i think they were also giving out chocolates wrapped in foil that were made to look like chips, but i ate those fuckers long ago.

-at ufc 32 they were giving out black laptop bags. these have "ufc" embroidered on them, and remember, since this is 2001 we're talking about, laptops were bigger then - hence the bag's size.

i will post pics when i get back from the gym.

if i can avoid going the ebay route (ie, if i get decent offers from you guys), i will. but if it doesn't work out and i do end up going to ebay, then please, hunto21 and fightpimp, don't get your panties in a bunch.
7/22/12 1:18 PM
ricksongjj

What? I was the one who asked about the Strikeforce lanyard.
7/22/12 1:22 PM
siouxNYC

you were? uh, my bad. shoot me an email from the same account with your address.
7/22/12 1:46 PM
ricksongjj

Yep that was me,I had emailed you about that and the Bodog pass.I knew Dawggy contacted you about the pass so I went after the lanyard lol.Again Im willing to pay for it.
7/22/12 2:43 PM
Dawggy

No worries. It's all you Rickson. Phone Post
7/22/12 4:23 PM
siouxNYC

ok, here are the pics.  since i never wanted to be that dork walking around with a ufc laptop bag, the fucking thing is in mint condition.

note: that arm in the pic is mine.  it's not for sale.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.