UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Post your shakes!

7/11/12 9:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taku
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey NNNN,

LOL@ secret ingredient.

I measure some stuff...Other stuff I "eye-ball".

TAKU
7/12/12 3:29 PM
jdhawgs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NoNameNoSlogan - ...you guys who list 3/4 cup this, 1/2 cup that... do you really measure shit out each time?

I just grab a handful of spinach and kale and throw that shit in.

(oh, and those of you who list, "secret ingredient"... Is it your own urine?

No that just happen to be the way I logged it that time.
I hardly ever have the same ingredients 2 times in a row, except the protein.

7/12/12 4:41 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/12/12 4:46 PM
I don't measure it, but I know the difference between a 1/2 cup and cup without breaking out the actual cups. It's a skill, don't hate.

NoNameNoSlogan - ...you guys who list 3/4 cup this, 1/2 cup that... do you really measure shit out each time?

I just grab a handful of spinach and kale and throw that shit in.

(oh, and those of you who list, "secret ingredient"... Is it your own urine?

shadallion - You guys must be going to the grocery store every two days to keep so many damn vegetables around.

Just use a green foods blend.

I empty most of the fridge every 3 days or so, and yes that's mostly fruits and veggies. I don't just put them in shakes though but cook with them as well. I also have the feeling that fresh fruits and veggies are always gonna give you more nutrients than a chopped and dried powder version. Someone has probably done a study about that.
7/13/12 3:11 AM
mAnyStylEs

2 scoops protein
2 tablespoons of Almond Butter
1 Banana
1/4 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of low fat milk
7/13/12 7:55 AM
DarthChoke
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never use powder over fresh real veggies. That's awful. Phone Post
7/13/12 11:33 AM
shadallion
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay bros, after my post about using supergreens powder over real veggies, I went out and bought some fresh veggies and basically copied OP's formula (minus the "secret ingredient.)

I busted out the heavy duty Vitamix blender this morning. I usually just use the Magic Bullet because it's so easy and convenient, but there was too much volume to use that.

The vitamix is impressive.

And it’s amazing how:

1) much veggies/fruit you can get into a shake
2) how good it tastes
3) how filling it is
4) how smooth the consistency is

This morning in one (large, approximately 16 oz) shake I had:

• 3 scoops protein
• Handful of Spinach
• Handful of Spring greens
• 3 brocoli pieces, with stalks
• 10 Blueberries
• 3 Strawberries
• a few cubes of ice and a little water.

I am STUFFED right now, and look at all that healthiness I got in there!

I think I’m going to commit drinking this shake (maybe with less protein) at least once, maybe twice a day.

This can kill two birds with one stone: ensure that I get healthy, nutritious vegetables at multiple meals, AND if I eat it before dinner or lunch, I won’t be inclined to over-eat the actual entrée.

Heck, I might be able to simply replace either lunch or dinner. It’s that rich and filling.

Still think supergreens are useful, but they definitely don't offer the actual *foodness* of real veggies and fruits, in the sense of satiating your hunger.

Thanks to everyone to contributed to this thread, you've actually impacted another human being's life in postive way.
7/13/12 12:30 PM
jeremy hamilton
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 can of coconut milk

4 scoops of protein powder

Add water

Or Milk and some Cream

80 grams of Protein

800-900 Calories

Don't drink all at once or you will shit yourself.
7/13/12 1:57 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You might also notice that you have a reduced craving for sweets and fried shit as well. I went cold turkey on energy drinks and diet soda at the same time I started superfood style shakes. I was expecting a battle since I loved the taste of Monster, but it was a non-issue. I think that a lot of those cravings come from a lack of nutrients in diet even if you're taking a multivitamin, using greens and fish oil supplements (which I was doing) and so on.

Congrats on giving it a try, and the vitamix is a pretty pimp blender to just have laying around.

shadallion - Okay bros, after my post about using supergreens powder over real veggies, I went out and bought some fresh veggies and basically copied OP's formula (minus the "secret ingredient.)

I busted out the heavy duty Vitamix blender this morning. I usually just use the Magic Bullet because it's so easy and convenient, but there was too much volume to use that.

Still think supergreens are useful, but they definitely don't offer the actual *foodness* of real veggies and fruits, in the sense of satiating your hunger.

Thanks to everyone to contributed to this thread, you've actually impacted another human being's life in postive way.
7/13/12 4:22 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shadallion - Okay bros, after my post about using supergreens powder over real veggies, I went out and bought some fresh veggies and basically copied OP's formula (minus the "secret ingredient.)

And it’s amazing how:

1) much veggies/fruit you can get into a shake
2) how good it tastes
3) how filling it is
4) how smooth the consistency is

This morning in one (large, approximately 16 oz) shake I had:

• 3 scoops protein
• Handful of Spinach
• Handful of Spring greens
• 3 brocoli pieces, with stalks
• 10 Blueberries
• 3 Strawberries
• a few cubes of ice and a little water.

I am STUFFED right now, and look at all that healthiness I got in there!

I think I’m going to commit drinking this shake (maybe with less protein) at least once, maybe twice a day.

This can kill two birds with one stone: ensure that I get healthy, nutritious vegetables at multiple meals, AND if I eat it before dinner or lunch, I won’t be inclined to over-eat the actual entrée.

Heck, I might be able to simply replace either lunch or dinner. It’s that rich and filling.

Yay

Btw the secret ingredient is

http://i.imgur.com/jdprz.jpg Phone Post
7/13/12 5:43 PM
shadallion
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acai, eh. Nice.
7/13/12 8:56 PM
PolandsFinest
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breakfast/post Workout

1 cup frozen berries
1 banana
1tsp acai
1tsp maca
2 scoops protein
1 serving gultimine
1 serving creatine Phone Post
7/13/12 8:57 PM
PolandsFinest
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^water and ice too Phone Post
7/13/12 10:23 PM
Calbert

With the exception of the creatine, my breakfast shake is pretty much identical to Taku's Kitchen Sink Shake.
7/14/12 3:10 PM
SandraBullockFan
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/2 avocado
handful of spinach
handful of blue berries
2 scoops protein powder
1 cup skim milk
7/15/12 10:08 PM
LittleJoeMama
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oats
Vanilla whey
Strawberries
Spinach
Coconut oil
Water
7/16/12 8:32 AM
Andy the man

Right then.. Not only does this taste BEAUTIFUL but it's great for post workout/bulking..

Pot of Yogurt x1
Banana x1
Sachet of Oats x1
Whey Protein
Peanut Butter
Milk

Tastes like Toffee and is so moreish!
7/16/12 8:38 AM
TheEssence
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
8/14/12 2:42 PM
DarthChoke
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Ryan
8/14/12 6:14 PM
Ryan Dunphy
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
8/15/12 3:04 AM
SHUTD0WN
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
8/15/12 5:05 AM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/15/12 5:06 AM
post workout i have:

1 Chocolate slim fast
8 oz of milk
2 scoops American Pure Whey chocolate peanut butter flavor
1 scoop glutamine powder
2 Tablespoons of peanut butter
2 Bananas

Its delicious.
8/27/12 12:32 AM
War Dragon

. Phone Post
8/28/12 9:38 PM
savage animal
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleJoeMama, how much coconut oil do you throw in? 1 solid spoonful?

I heard Robb Wolf on JRE talking about fat being necessary for vegetable nutrient absorption, wonder of there might be something to that...

I fill the ninja blender with kale, 8 oz of blueberries, coconut milk, 2 scoops of choco whey, yields 2 full Blender Bottles (20something oz each). Have these I'm between meals at work

Was doing half an avocado, but freshness variance cn kill the shake. Will try with coconut oil tomorrow. Phone Post
8/30/12 1:27 PM
savage animal
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tried the coconut oil in my shake, couple spoonsfulls of solid coco. oil, had bits of it to chew on, not awful, but not ideal
8/31/12 5:02 PM
ItsTheFlash
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is a shake a suitable meal replacement??
Say having a breakfast shake and a lunch shake? Dinner then cooked meal? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.