UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Tim Duncan signs 3-year deal with Spurs

1/23/13 11:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 - or, is it Pop giving the league a "reason" to rest his guys?

LOL what a fucking joke that is. 82 game season and a coach cant rest his players when he sees fit
1/24/13 12:31 AM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has rested Duncan since the "incident."
5/24/13 10:27 AM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All NBA first team. Kind of makes up for how badly he got ignored for DPOY.

And a footnote on this season, apparently Timmy is going through a divorce.
5/24/13 9:06 PM
kanotoa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick - All NBA first team. Kind of makes up for how badly he got ignored for DPOY.

And a footnote on this season, apparently Timmy is going through a divorce.
Poor timmy, he should get an asian woman next time. Phone Post
5/25/13 9:45 PM
dangerboy12
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/25/13 10:39 PM
So, Timmy seems to have gotten tired of his woman, or maybe their was some infidelity?

One of the "symptoms" of TRT is increased libido. Maybe old Timmy wanted to get a little more frisky than what Mrs. Duncan can handle. Or maybe it was the other way around and he wanted to try to keep up with her...

But seriously, I am a bid fan of Timmy and hope him all the best. He's been married for a while and I'm sure the divorce is difficult.
5/26/13 12:30 AM
quick

She cheated on him apparently.
6/9/13 10:36 PM
quick

Saw an insane stat tonight that said five guys who have played with Timmy have gone on to be head coaches and two more have been made GMs.
6/9/13 10:43 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big win for the Heat. You have to figure that they can get at least one in San Antonio and bring things back to Miami.

6/17/13 8:15 PM
quick

And no one ever said it, but....his wife is fucking a white guy! That's brutal bros.
6/17/13 10:34 PM
Floppy Divac
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol
6/21/13 12:59 AM
quick

37 years old and the old bastard carries his team on his back for games six and seven. It's a shame no one else on the Spurs decided to show up for the games other than Leonard. :(
6/21/13 1:28 AM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manu showed up. For the Heat.

:D
6/21/13 1:39 AM
quick

Manu was a real kick in the nuts.
6/25/13 1:41 PM
dangerboy12
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate being correct, but the real flaw is an offense focused on your shortest player.

I've been on this subject a while, and I thought that if there was one team that could do it, it was the Spurs.

Now I know, it can not be done. Your premier player can't be a little guy. No way. No how. I love Parker, I love the Spurs, but when it matters most, the best teams will always be able to stop a little guy.
6/26/13 12:39 PM
Out To Lunch
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 - I hate being correct, but the real flaw is an offense focused on your shortest player.

I've been on this subject a while, and I thought that if there was one team that could do it, it was the Spurs.

Now I know, it can not be done. Your premier player can't be a little guy. No way. No how. I love Parker, I love the Spurs, but when it matters most, the best teams will always be able to stop a little guy.

They made it to the Finals with this approach, so it can't be as bad as you think.
6/26/13 8:44 PM
dangerboy12

I know!! Hell, they had the title nearly in the bag!! I'm not sure how much was due to Parker, but still.

Is that a testament to them? Or is it actually a viable way to run an offense?

Look at the other 3 teams in the conference finals, and you'll see 3 below average starting PG's. You'll see 3 teams whose weakness was the PG position. Down the stretch, Miami didn't even have Chalmers on the floor unless they needed his shooting.

6/26/13 9:29 PM
quick

I think it is pretty clear that the thigh injury slowed Parker down.
6/27/13 9:18 AM
dangerboy12

quick - I think it is pretty clear that the thigh injury slowed Parker down.

Another reason I am not a fan of PG centered teams. They get hurt more than other positions.
7/14/13 8:18 PM
quick

So....Timmy's wife might have been cheating on him because he is bi and has been banging his college BFF for years now. I can see future Christmases being very awkward in the Duncan household.
7/15/13 2:31 PM
dangerboy12

wow
7/15/13 5:57 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 07/15/13 6:02 PM
Damn. All these years that I said the Spurs were gay I didn't think they literally were.
7/17/13 9:55 PM
quick

lol Might just be a wacked out rumor, but truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.