UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit: UFC has not offered me any other fight

7/11/12 12:09 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"The bottom line is that the UFC has not offered me another fight. I haven't been contacted, nor has my management been contacted about fighting anybody else other than Georges St-Pierre," Condit told Bleacher Report in an exclusive interview during last week's UFC Fan Expo in Las Vegas. "So Georges is the guy I want. And if the UFC wants that fight, I'm content to wait for him to be ready. If it's in November, of course."

What happens if St-Pierre suffers a setback during the rehabilitation of his knee?

"If it's going to be longer, then I will entertain the idea of taking another fight," Condit said. "As far as I know, Georges' recovery is on track, and he's going to be ready to go November 17."

read entire article...

7/11/12 12:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Douche -  How about being proactive and demanding a fight? Why waste your prime years sitting on the sidelines coddling your 2nd place belt?

Whatever, Los. Phone Post

might have something to do with $$?  i don't know, just maybe.  

possibly.

more than likely.

7/11/12 12:19 PM
RJJH
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit has earned his shot at GSP.

wait it out Carlos, fuck the haters!
7/11/12 12:21 PM
inf0
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's ok, it's going to take more than running shoes to beat GSP...

7/11/12 12:22 PM
32Hunter
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares? Its too late now anyway. Phone Post
7/11/12 12:22 PM
Tad Ghostal
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even Joe Silva has forgotten about Conduit.
7/11/12 12:36 PM
chaplinshouse
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/11/12 12:46 PM
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you said you werent going to fight anyo9ne else...why would they offer you a fight when you made this clear
7/11/12 1:17 PM
Bipolar

RJJH - Condit has earned his shot at GSP.

I don't care if Carlos or anyone else chooses to wait for a fight. That's up to each individual to decide. And they must accept the consequences of that decision, whatever they may be.

My problem is with the UFC. What is the point of issuing an interim title if the interim title holder will not be fighting? That is the whole point of interim champions; keep the belt/champion active until the true champion is able to resume fighting. This whole situation is a joke.

I also don't believe anyone is entitled to a title shot while the other top guys in the division continue to fight it out. If you choose to be inactive for as long as Carlos has, you aren't entitled to squat. And please don't offer the bs argument that he hasn't been offered fights. Of course he hasn't, because he made it clear when he beat Diaz that he would be waiting for GSP. Obviously there's no point in offering a fight to someone who has made it clear he won't accept them.
7/11/12 1:18 PM
orcus

Douche - How about being proactive and demanding a fight? Why waste your prime years sitting on the sidelines coddling your 2nd place belt?

Dan Henderson is wasting his prime years coddling a future title shot, and he has actively turned down fights during this time. Do you have a problem with him, too? The clock is obviously ticking on Dan's prime years far more than Condit's.

Condit vs Diaz = February 2012
Condit vs GSP = November 2012
10 months of inactivity, no fights turned down supposedly

Henderson vs Shogun = November 2011
Shogun vs Jones = September 2012
11 months of inactivity, turned down fights with Rogerio, Machida, and Shogun rematch according to Dana
7/11/12 1:20 PM
orcus

I also don't believe anyone is entitled to a title shot while the other top guys in the division continue to fight it out. If you choose to be inactive for as long as Carlos has, you aren't entitled to squat.

See above.

Obviously there's no point in offering a fight to someone who has made it clear he won't accept them.

Dan made it clear he was waiting for a title shot against Jones or one (entirely unearned) against Anderson, but he has still been offered fights.
7/11/12 1:22 PM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/11/12 1:29 PM
RJJH
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bipolar - 

I don't care if Carlos or anyone else chooses to wait for a fight. That's up to each individual to decide. And they must accept the consequences of that decision, whatever they may be.

My problem is with the UFC. What is the point of issuing an interim title if the interim title holder will not be fighting? That is the whole point of interim champions; keep the belt/champion active until the true champion is able to resume fighting. This whole situation is a joke.

I also don't believe anyone is entitled to a title shot while the other top guys in the division continue to fight it out. If you choose to be inactive for as long as Carlos has, you aren't entitled to squat
. And please don't offer the bs argument that he hasn't been offered fights. Of course he hasn't, because he made it clear when he beat Diaz that he would be waiting for GSP. Obviously there's no point in offering a fight to someone who has made it clear he won't accept them.

I agree with all of this except for the highlighted part.

7/11/12 1:31 PM
Demolition Man
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
Douche - How about being proactive and demanding a fight? Why waste your prime years sitting on the sidelines coddling your 2nd place belt?

Dan Henderson is wasting his prime years coddling a future title shot, and he has actively turned down fights during this time. Do you have a problem with him, too? The clock is obviously ticking on Dan's prime years far more than Condit's.

11 months of inactivity, turned down fights with Rogerio, Machida, and Shogun rematch according to Dana

Not a good comparison at all Dan has only got a few fights left in him, not that I think Carlos should be forced to fight he deserves his shot at Georges.
7/11/12 2:09 PM
Bipolar

orcus - 
I also don't believe anyone is entitled to a title shot while the other top guys in the division continue to fight it out. If you choose to be inactive for as long as Carlos has, you aren't entitled to squat.

See above.

Obviously there's no point in offering a fight to someone who has made it clear he won't accept them.

Dan made it clear he was waiting for a title shot against Jones or one (entirely unearned) against Anderson, but he has still been offered fights.

Completely different situations. Dan wasn't holding an interim title.
7/11/12 2:13 PM
orcus

"Completely different situations. Dan wasn't holding an interim title."

As has been made clear, the interim title is meaningless. It was a way to make Diaz/Condit a title fight to make it easier to promote. Although it would also come in handy if for some reason GSP can't come back in November or at all.

And half your post had nothing to do with the interim title, it had to do with the idea of someone "deserving" a title shot while sitting it out and letting other contenders fight. Which is EXACTLY the situation Dan is in, while he REFUSES specific fights offered to him.
7/11/12 2:16 PM
holly9000
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. I hope I never have endure another one of his "game plans".
7/11/12 2:19 PM
UGCTT_Suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holly9000 - Good. I hope I never have endure another one of his "game plans".

don't buy his fights then?  

ARGH THINKIN SO HARD!
7/11/12 2:20 PM
i_shogun_ruas

Condit vs the hitman. Martin will beat him again! Phone Post
7/11/12 2:21 PM
orcus

It'll be nice when GSP (probably) beats Condit, then everyone can go back to complaining about GSP and stop acting like Condit is a boring fighter because he had one boring fight in his life.
sawdusk
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/11/12 2:21 PM
dbl
sawdusk
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds to me like dana is giving conduit the run-around...
7/11/12 2:26 PM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demolition Man - 
orcus - 

Not a good comparison at all Dan has only got a few fights left in him, not that I think Carlos should be forced to fight he deserves his shot at Georges.

I think thats the point Condit is making: he cant or hasnt been "forced to fight" because they havent offered a fight to him yet.
7/11/12 2:27 PM
Wasa-B

orcus - It'll be nice when GSP (probably) beats Condit, then everyone can go back to complaining about GSP and stop acting like Condit is a boring fighter because he had one boring fight in his life.

The former will happen. Haters will probably hold on to the latter for a while.
7/11/12 2:31 PM
orcus

I'm actually not so sure GSP will win. I don't think he'd win a standup fight with Condit. That leaves takedown/control. I don't think GSP has what it takes to finish Condit on the ground, and Carlos is a dangerous guy to be on the ground with for 25 straight minutes. I'd say he would be by far the most dangerous grappler GSP has ever had a ground fight with (BJ is unimpressive off his back).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.