UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Who's been studying.......

4/17/02 2:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AdamLaClair
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Apr-02
ImposeYourWill.com

Okay, this forum seems to be slowing down lately. Let's see if we can get things back on an intellectually stimulating, training mindset. Who knows all of the following: The 3 D's The 3 P's The 3 I's An "A" for the day for the first person to list them all!! Adam LaClair, Personal Defense Readiness Coach
4/17/02 3:04 AM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 17-Apr-02
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Can I answer? :-) Thaks for popping in Adam, it has been quiter, not isre if it was the switch over for MMA.tv, the PDR forum, my travel, all over the above, but let's get osme stuff happening here again... Tony
4/18/02 12:08 AM
AdamLaClair

Edited: 18-Apr-02
ImposeYourWill.com
No, Tony, you cannot answer. We all know you need to study more......... :-) Anyone else? I'll give a hint....... The first "D" is "Detect"
4/18/02 1:24 AM
ocpd874

WELL, I'LL JUMP IN WITH: TOOLS, TARGETS, AND TACTICS. AND INSTINCTS, INTUITION, AND INTELLIGENCE. DETECT, DIFFUSE, AND...................ANYONE(?)
4/18/02 10:08 AM
Neckcranku
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Defend...
4/18/02 11:40 AM
P

ocpd874, Great work! You even added the 3 T's. Just remember that for the 3 D's it's Defuse, as in 'defusing the bomb', not to be confused with diffuse as in 'diffused vision'. Phil PS: The 3 P's are still waiting :-)
4/18/02 11:06 PM
ocpd874

phil, 10-4 on "defuse", in my head i had it, but the aftermath of my 15 hr. work day scrambled my grammar the other night. also, i went through 18 pages of notes from the oss course, and all 33 pages of notes i took at the spear course and couldn't find the 3 p's. i cant stand the suspense. joel
4/18/02 11:32 PM
Araujo

4/18/02 11:40 PM
truart

ocpd, PERSONAL PASSIONATE PRESENT Part of our emotional arsenal, namely the list of things you may be giving up or losing if you dont fight back......what we fight FOR! Tony Torres Va Beach, VA
4/19/02 12:34 PM
ocpd874

Edited: 19-Apr-02
tony, thanks, it was driving me nuts last night when i couldnt remember the 3 p's. joel
4/20/02 10:53 AM
OpenMinded1

Edited: 20-Apr-02 11:14 AM
3D's Detect-Awearness,earlier detection=sooner avoidance Defuse-de-escalate, choice speech, nonviolent posture, presumed complince. "fight fire with water not fire" Defend-whatever it takes to survive 3P's- ditto Tony Tores "PERSONAL PASSIONATE PRESENT" 3 things you would miss the most if you were to die today. This would be something or someone you would fight to the death for. Unique to each person, sometimes this list changes during the course of your life at times you may need to re-evaluate. 3I's-ditto ocpd874" INSTINCTS, INTUITION, AND INTELLIGENCE" we all have them but we do not always trust them. when you think about it these are some of the most powerful tools to have in your Mental "tool box" I think if you add to this TCMS FEAR principles you will have a strong formula for self-defence ANYONE can apply quicker than any Black Belt course just my 2cents, George
4/21/02 12:42 AM
P

Edited: 21-Apr-02
Guys, Great work all round! It always amazes me how much thought can be generated from seemingly simple TCMS material. I can't remember how many lightbulb moments I had the reading the '10 Streetfighting Guides', which since expanded into the PDR manual. It wasn't just them amount of material, but the clarity in the approach that allows you to access it so quickly; like the different acronyms and 3p's, etc. Not to mention the indepth analysis of things most of us take for granted. Thank God for Coach's 'uncommon sense'! P.
4/21/02 11:31 PM
AdamLaClair

Edited: 21-Apr-02
ImposeYourWill.com
Great job guys!! George, thanks for putting it all into one post. I like the way you "personalized" the definition for each, too. I have to agree with Phil. The most "simple" concepts seem to always be capable of generating sooooooo many lightbulb moments and discussion. Stay tuned to the MENTAL EDGE for my next question, coming Wednesday............... Adam LaClair Personal Defense Readiness Coach, MMA Coach

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.