UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Where to train wrestling in Northern VA?

7/11/12 1:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kilemark
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where can I train wrestling in Northern VA.? Most gyms have it mixed in with their mma class but they don't have a pure wrestling class. I would like to work on pure wrestling or wrestling for grappling. Phone Post
8/17/12 10:20 AM
JMurda
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah bro, I was wondering the same thing for same location. I did fnd they have a CSW affiliate out here and they couple that with combat jeet kune do on the off days. If you find something let me know and I will do the same in return. Phone Post
8/17/12 4:08 PM
Dryfly
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A fair amout of High Schools, or other private youth teams, will (depending on your attitude,experience,work-ethic)let you work out with their teams.
8/20/12 10:20 PM
HEMAN
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prob. best thing is find a person or two who has wrestling experience.
9/2/12 11:09 AM
ChrisBeyondStrength

Jonathan Johnson, owner of Raw241, is going to be teaching at Disciple MMA Academy in Dulles, Va every Wednesday, starting this week.

Not for MMA at all, purely wrestling.

Check out http://www.rockofageswrestling.com/ to see what he's about.

Contact Dustin from Disciple for more info on the new program at www.disciplemmaacademy.com. Phone Post
9/5/12 11:00 PM
cruedi
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't say where in Nova you are, check out this place

http://washingtonwrestlingclub.org/
9/6/12 10:05 AM
ChrisBeyondStrength

Read above... Dulles, Va (right across from Claude Moore Park off of Cascades).

There are a number of clubs in the area as well... Phone Post
9/14/12 3:17 AM
Tubesterbjj

trying to start a wrestling open mat thing in manassas if you want in
9/18/12 11:14 PM
EdgeHoboken
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kilemark -  Where can I train wrestling in Northern VA.? Most gyms have it mixed in with their mma class but they don't have a pure wrestling class. I would like to work on pure wrestling or wrestling for grappling. Phone Post

Not sure how far north in VA you are talking? But I know several D1 wrestlers in the Arlington area that would love to get back into the sport and train some high school/ new level wrestlers. PM me for contact details if you are close to DC. These guys contacted me last week about helping them get involved again. 
10/27/12 10:17 PM
BeerMuscles

Tubesterbjj - trying to start a wrestling open mat thing in manassas if you want in

I live in Manassas and I'm very interested in a wrestling open mat. I'm NOT an experienced wrestler, however I've always wanted to learn.
2/24/13 11:07 PM
BeerMuscles

still looking for a wrestling club in the manassas area, any help?
8/22/13 8:15 AM
JMurda
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've done some searching and found a couple combat submission wrestling / catch wrestling gyms. One of them is in Chantilly and the other Woodbridge Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 3:30 PM
kilemark
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JMurda - I've done some searching and found a couple combat submission wrestling / catch wrestling gyms. One of them is in Chantilly and the other Woodbridge Phone Post 3.0
What's their name? Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 1:10 PM
JMurda

Sorry it took so long to reply but in chantilly va it's complete fitness concepts. The place in Woodbridge is trident mma Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 9:19 PM
kilemark

I have recently started training some with Tony Howard at Bad Karma wrestling in Rockville, MD. Tony is a very good wrestler and an even better coach. The more I train wrestling the more I like it. Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 9:19 PM
kilemark

JMurda - Sorry it took so long to reply but in chantilly va it's complete fitness concepts. The place in Woodbridge is trident mma Phone Post 3.0
Thanks Phone Post 3.0
10/20/13 1:34 AM
truewrestler
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Club at Hayfield Secondary near Alexandria
https://sites.google.com/site/gunstonwrestlingclub/

Club at George Mason University in Fairfax
http://www.patriotelitewrestling.com Phone Post
11/6/13 4:20 AM
Jlindahl
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're ever on the peninsula virginia duals is a great club so is the poquoson wrestling association Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.