UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Women in the UFC: It’s Time

7/13/12 6:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canucks1337 - 
goku - 
Canucks1337 - can you please list 5 interesting women fights that would display great technique

how many fights does honda have? there u go..olympic medal winner plus finishes in the first round,...how many olympic medal winners are in the ufc?

lol....thats the best you could do after all the crusading you did in this thread?

wat do u mean is that the best you can do..i destroyed your pathetic argument in one fell swoop...thats efficiency
7/13/12 7:08 PM
Dempsey Roll

valetudosuperfight - JkdSam is so obsessed with my one post echoing an (albeit minority) opinion shared by others in this thread, he does not even see them.

I could give a damn if there is a 'market' for it, that has not been the argument. The argument has been, "Well there is no depth." There was not depth at UFC 1 but people didn't tell royce gracie that he was wasting his time. Shit takes time to grow; Judo was not an olympic sport over night.

Women's basketball used to be on half-sized courts because people 'believed' that women would not be proficient at running the ball. Look at basketball when it first started, and not only was it boring but it looked like the D-league of the D-league too.

If you want to point out that on its own it probably is not self-sustainable on its own, well fine, but the lighter weight classes are only around because the higher weight classes keep the sport popular - are we going to chuck the light weight division because on its own it would never survive?

Except the lighter weight classes open up the Asian market, they couldn't go to China without them.

Women's mma is a joke some losers use as fap material. There's no appeal, nobody gives a shit about women sports, well the Japanese kinda do but that's about it. What it can do is make the UFC lose PPV buys because people don't want to watch it and are turned off by that stuff.
7/13/12 8:00 PM
A bailie

Honda housey vs Kim kardashian IMO Phone Post
7/13/12 8:17 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

valetudosuperfight - I do not think the talent pool for LW is hurt by only being on one card here, one prelim there, and so one.

Silly comparison. LW is just one weight class. If UFC added women's fights, it would be one or two per card at best, not per division but across however many divisions there are.

Not to mention, as the UFC added lighter weight classes, they had an existing talent pool to draw from: smaller fighters who dropped down from higher weight divisions because the opportunity presented itself. The pool of female fighters is just not there.
7/13/12 11:23 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

goku - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 
goku -  except for the market that generated higher ratings than fedor, hendo and diaz...just that..

If the market exists then why is an all-female league not viable? You could still have your handful of stars, AND a foundation for building new ones.
a market exists for individual women fighters mixed in with male cards..its just like a market exists for lighter weight fighters mixed in with higher wieght fighters

how would an entirely 125 lb league do? not very well...does that mean you cant have 125ers in the ufc? no

u guys are just blindly following dana's rhetoric that there arent enought women to create a division...noone watches a division! its nice to have but not necessary..this has already been proven..carano/cyborg was like the #2 or #3 highest rated strikefoce of all time..why is this so difficult to grasp?

So you're saying that people will tune it to watch Gina Carano or Ronda Rousey fight... but not if they're fighting on an all-girl card?

If that is the case, then there is no market. What there is a market for is an occasional freakshow-type matchup, as long as at least one of the fighters is at least moderately attractive.

Lets not institute a Title IX in the UFC.
7/14/12 10:34 AM
goku

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
goku - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 
goku -  except for the market that generated higher ratings than fedor, hendo and diaz...just that..

If the market exists then why is an all-female league not viable? You could still have your handful of stars, AND a foundation for building new ones.
a market exists for individual women fighters mixed in with male cards..its just like a market exists for lighter weight fighters mixed in with higher wieght fighters

how would an entirely 125 lb league do? not very well...does that mean you cant have 125ers in the ufc? no

u guys are just blindly following dana's rhetoric that there arent enought women to create a division...noone watches a division! its nice to have but not necessary..this has already been proven..carano/cyborg was like the #2 or #3 highest rated strikefoce of all time..why is this so difficult to grasp?

So you're saying that people will tune it to watch Gina Carano or Ronda Rousey fight... but not if they're fighting on an all-girl card?

If that is the case, then there is no market. What there is a market for is an occasional freakshow-type matchup, as long as at least one of the fighters is at least moderately attractive.

Lets not institute a Title IX in the UFC.

wrong again..its like fedor not being a draw when he was in pride or in the strikeforce or affiliate...put him in the ufc and he would have been a huge draw...there is  market, you just need to put them in the right org...obviously if you put them in cage rage surrounded by a bunch of hobos then its not going to work

its easy dude..u are making it too difficult..go look at some future ufc cards...and imagine if ronda would be a draw over any of the fights on those cards...u will see pretty easily that she would be...that doesnt mean it would be successful in a league of just women..just like faber would not be as successful in a league of just 135ers...understan?
7/14/12 12:44 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White said " Never" at one point didn't he?
7/14/12 1:19 PM
valetudosuperfight

There is just simply no consistency in these arguments against women's MMA.

No depth? That argument has been slayed on EVERY page of this thread.

Basketball first started? No depth.

Grid iron football? No depth.

Judo? No depth.

Sports grow. Women's judo grew, as has women's basketball, women's soccer, women's boxing, and so on.

You think straw-weights would be a feasible weight class without nutriding on the heavier classes?

Dempsey cannot even remain consistent in the space of one paragraph.

The lighter weight classes open up the japanese market, but no one cares about women's MMA except the japanese.

Wut?

good job there bro.

Listen Herring: The Pool is not there BECAUSE THERE IS NO FUCKING POOL FOR WOMEN TO JUMP INTO!

I remember there was discussion that the classes below LW were too shallow so why should the UFC bother. Well Aldo, Faber, and Cruz are popular. Mendes is popular. In fact the addition of those weight classes has preemptively annihilated whatever point you were trying to make.

Guess what: if you don't provide the space, nothing will grow.

/thread
7/14/12 1:33 PM
Haulport

NO.

FUCK women's MMA.

No one wnats to fucking see it.

It is nothing more than the mktg stunt of a fat man and his retarded son running EliteXC.

It is a JOKE like all other women's sports.

What weirdo wants to see a woman get her face beaten till it's swollen shut and tears and blood are streaming out?

Not I.
7/14/12 1:40 PM
Jibiru

There's only like 4 rotating women. Phone Post
7/14/12 3:07 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

valetudosuperfight - 

Listen Herring: The Pool is not there BECAUSE THERE IS NO FUCKING POOL FOR WOMEN TO JUMP INTO!

I remember there was discussion that the classes below LW were too shallow so why should the UFC bother. Well Aldo, Faber, and Cruz are popular. Mendes is popular. In fact the addition of those weight classes has preemptively annihilated whatever point you were trying to make.

Guess what: if you don't provide the space, nothing will grow.

So why are you so opposed to providing a MUCH BIGGER space to grow by creating an entire org, as opposed to having a dozen fights a year randomly thrown into UFC cards?
7/14/12 4:47 PM
Neil Funk

If the UFC WANTED to, they could make women's mma huge.

If the UFC/Dana WANTED to, they could make compelling women's matchups and give a big boost to wmma in general, but they don't. A bunch of macho fucks sitting around in a room making excuses, worried that letting women fight alongside the men will somehow tarnish the sport.
7/14/12 4:48 PM
Neil Funk

Glovegate - Just let Jewels take all the women. People who want to watch a 70% speed, strength and agility league can go do so.

You better not be one of those guys who cries about the old NHB days, where everyone was about 60% of the speed and agility that they are now in the UFC.

The UFC should be open to the best of the best, male or female.
7/14/12 4:56 PM
Neil Funk

Haulport - NO.

FUCK women's MMA.

Don't fucking speak for me. Say you don't like it all you want but don't act like you're an authority on what people want to watch when it comes to fights.

Haulport - It is nothing more than the mktg stunt of a fat man and his retarded son running EliteXC.

yeah, women's mma was invented by a fat guy, not by women who want to fight and compete against each other, ok there buddy

Haulport - 
What weirdo wants to see a woman get her face beaten till it's swollen shut and tears and blood are streaming out?

so it's perfectly normal to watch two men beat the shit out of each other, but not women, why? Because they have vaginas?

We're all weirdos who like violence. Stop with the primitive "women are so delicate" bullshit already. These girls put on great fights, and they should be able to do so on the biggest stage.
7/14/12 6:13 PM
valetudosuperfight

Herring: where did I say I was opposed to a women's league? I can be fore a women's league, and a women's division at the same time you know.

If CV can beat the shit out of a man bleeding into his eyes so he's effectively blind and everyone here cheer for it, they can put their dicks away for 15 minutes to watch women fight.

I guess you have to be a pussy to think violent women are sexy anyway.
7/16/12 1:10 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Edited: 07/16/12 1:10 PM
 im the one that said I dont want to watch an all womens league and the answer is pretty easy to explain...if you limit the participants in your org you are excluding exciting fighters and fights..

i would not also want to watch a league that was all HWs or all LWs or all 125ers..

as an organization, you should try to attract as many stars as possible...you do that, by having as wide of a pool as possible...if you limit the types of fighters you allow to fight in your org you are limiting the stars you have in your league..the ufc is the best of the best of mma...the best of 125, 135, 145 etc etc...adding women is just a natural progression to this..doesnt mean you add all women in the world and schowcase them on every card...

it simply means if there are women stars (there are) that people want to watch (there are)...u mix them into the cards just like you would mix 125ers or 185ers or 170ers...not every card has every weight  class...not every card has ncaa winning wrestlers...not every card has mundial champions..not every card has a korean..etc. etc...this is no different...

7/16/12 1:13 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UrbanSavage - It'll be a sad, sad day if this ever comes to fruition. There aren't a lot of things I like about Dana, but the fact that the PC bullies don't seem to phase him regarding shit like this is one of them. Women have absolutely no place fighting in the UFC, Rousey's supposed to be the best female fighter in the world right now and her striking looked like an absolute joke in her last fight. Not even in the early days of MMA could a random Judo medalist come in and run shit with only 5 professional fights, women's MMA will never get even close to where men's is.

Also, this is a poorly written article with really no arguments with solid foundations. I was going to start addressing the author's points and explaining why they're wrong until I read the entire thing and realized that just about everything he says is wrong.
STFU U JACKASS Phone Post
7/16/12 1:18 PM
TopChute
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make Strikeforce the woman's league.
7/16/12 1:24 PM
KingOfFighters

no one cares about the wnba, the mainstream will not care about womens mma, just like no one cares about womens soccer.

When you get down to it, they cannot participate in the sport at the highest levels they do not have the technique, quality or talent.

not interested.
7/16/12 1:43 PM
valetudosuperfight

Your opinion is shit king of fighters.
7/16/12 1:51 PM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk - 
Haulport - NO.

FUCK women's MMA.

Don't fucking speak for me. Say you don't like it all you want but don't act like you're an authority on what people want to watch when it comes to fights.

Haulport - It is nothing more than the mktg stunt of a fat man and his retarded son running EliteXC.

yeah, women's mma was invented by a fat guy, not by women who want to fight and compete against each other, ok there buddy

Haulport - 

so it's perfectly normal to watch two men beat the shit out of each other, but not women, why? Because they have vaginas?

We're all weirdos who like violence. Stop with the primitive "women are so delicate" bullshit already. These girls put on great fights, and they should be able to do so on the biggest stage.
GREAT POST NEIL!!!
i like to watch good fights, men or women, some people dont, nothing wrong with that, but dont try to shut something down just because YOU dont like it.

7/16/12 2:02 PM
Haulport

Neil Funk - 
Haulport - NO.

FUCK women's MMA.

"No one" really refers to the fact that VERY FEW (like you) watch to watch that crap and it needs to ride the back of men's mma because it can't generate revenues on it's own.
Neil Funk - .
Women's MMA was a little itty-bitty corner of the sport over in Japan mostly and almost no one takled about it until that fat guy decided to run his circus over at EliteXC. After that real promotions fooled themselves into believe people want to watch women beat each other up in droves because the MEDIA will cover it a lot. Media coverage does not equal fan interest.
Neil Funk -
Haulport - 

Yes it is. Throughout our entire history of existence and in almost all other sexual species, violent competition between males is common, encouraged and generates great interest in both sexes (for evolutionary reasons).

I'm sure there are great midgets MMArtists who would put on great fights but I don't want to see that shit either.......

As a man, I am disgusted when I see a woman's face beat to a pulp as though she was attacked in the streets and assulted. It does not give me a thrill. It makes my stomach drop and I question those who enjoy watching women get hurt and hurt each other...........

I'm not saying they shouldn't have an opportunity to do what they love, I just don't want it interfering with the MMA I enjoy because of misguided Promotors ideas that are not supported by REALITY.
7/16/12 2:28 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Edited: 07/16/12 2:30 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - im the one that said I dont want to watch an all womens league and the answer is pretty easy to explain...if you limit the participants in your org you are excluding exciting fighters and fights..

An all women's league would greatly increase the limit of participants. Converesely, trying to fit women's fights into the current UFC schedule would limit the participants severely.

i would not also want to watch a league that was all HWs or all LWs or all 125ers..

So I take it you didn't watch Zuffa-era WEC?

A women's league would have 3-5 different weight divisions, instead of trying to shoehorn someone like Carano into a weight class she was consistently unable to make.

as an organization, you should try to attract as many stars as possible...you do that, by having as wide of a pool as possible...if you limit the types of fighters you allow to fight in your org you are limiting the stars you have in your league..the ufc is the best of the best of mma...the best of 125, 135, 145 etc etc...adding women is just a natural progression to this..doesnt mean you add all women in the world and schowcase them on every card...

How did UFC add 135 and 145, and greatly bolster the depth at 155? By buying a minor league, pruning it down to only the lighter weight classes, and letting the talent pool develop until it was deep enough to merge it into the major league.

This worked wonders with WEC, and should be the way to go with Strikeforce for WMMA.

it simply means if there are women stars (there are) that people want to watch (there are)...u mix them into the cards just like you would mix 125ers or 185ers or 170ers...not every card has every weight class...not every card has ncaa winning wrestlers...not every card has mundial champions..not every card has a korean..etc. etc...this is no different...

LOL not every card has a Korean, no shit? Not even going to address this drivel.
7/16/12 2:34 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - im the one that said I dont want to watch an all womens league and the answer is pretty easy to explain...if you limit the participants in your org you are excluding exciting fighters and fights..

An all women's league would greatly increase the limit of participants. Converesely, trying to fit women's fights into the current UFC schedule would limit the participants severely.

So I take it you didn't watch Zuffa-era WEC?

A women's league would have 3-5 different weight divisions, instead of trying to shoehorn someone like Carano into a weight class she was consistently unable to make.

How did UFC add 135 and 145, and greatly bolster the depth at 155? By buying a minor league, pruning it down to only the lighter weight classes, and letting the talent pool develop until it was deep enough to merge it into the major league.

This worked wonders with WEC, and should be the way to go with Strikeforce for WMMA.

it simply means if there are women stars (there are) that people want to watch (there are)...u mix them into the cards just like you would mix 125ers or 185ers or 170ers...not every card has every weight class...not every card has ncaa winning wrestlers...not every card has mundial champions..not every card has a korean..etc. etc...this is no different...

LOL not every card has a Korean, no shit? Not even going to address this drivel.
dude..u r a lost cause..i can convince someone that doesnt understand basic logic...we are talking about the ufc, not other leagues..i do not care about wathcing an all women's league just like i dont care for watching an all 125 er league and most would agree with this...women in the ufc could come up just like other fighters...they get built up in other leagues and when they reach a certain level, they enter the ufc...its pretty simple dude..not sure why its so hard for you to wrap your head around this

7/16/12 2:53 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - dude..u r a lost cause..i can convince someone that doesnt understand basic logic... 

LMAO logic? I think the concept is beyond you.

I'll let Haulport take over from here... peace out Huerta#1Fan.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.