UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Bow Experts: Sizing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/13/12 11:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
antifret
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, I traded a laptop worth probably $50 tops for a Parker Micro Phoenix bow. Shoulda done research but guy said he really needed a laptop and wanted to do the deal even though the bow is worth a lot more than $50. Don't know the draw length or any of that but it is made for women and youths. I'm 6'3" 250 lbs and want to use it to hunt small game and stuff. Can I still use the bow? What issues would arise from using a bow too small? I've never done any bow hunting before but did place first in some community college archery class and used to shoot recurve in my back yard quite a bit. Here is the bow.
http://www.centralarchery.com/display.asp?id=133

Anyone want this for their son or daughter and want to trade me a big person bow hit me up. I'm in socal but can ship.
7/15/12 8:06 PM
Muppetmower88

yeah that wont work unless you bend the shit out of your elbow. problem with a short bow for a long draw length is it wont be comfortable you wont be accurate. Draw length is your wing span divided by 2.5 and that bow probably only goes to 27 inches.

Sell it or try to trade it in at the local archery shop and get a real bow or if you dont hunt buy something you will really use.
7/16/12 5:38 AM
Blue Duck
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/16/12 5:39 AM
Learned the importance of proper bow length the hard way...nocked an arrow tipped w/ a broad head on the bow of a hobbit-sized buddy and drew it back...right over the top of my left index finger. Stitches and years later and that finger tip still feels comfortably numb. Stupidity and bourbon do not mix well.
7/16/12 4:49 PM
antifret

Thanks guess I'll try to trade it after its back from being tuned . Anyone interested hit me up. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.